The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

On Unclean Beast.

By on September 30, 2009 12:09:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

p.s nerf ub, he's like rook except his main dmg skill requires 0 skill to use and he has a rocket booster up his ass ^^

-shakenbaken

This imho is true. Its not that spit is so damn OP or he has too much speed or whatever. Yes spit is good, especially against squishies, but its also easily countered. Its just general speed/dmg/health/stun. And because bestial wrath is useless its very possible to get practuically every good skill by level 10(cept for aclimation). In battle he's around as strong as full health hammer Rook AND has speed. This means that (hybrid, with leveled ooze at 10) UB can stand up against an demigod who's whole build is made around melee sacrificing speed, while still having enough speed to beat a kiting speedreg. There are a few builds that can win against this(minions erebus, hybrid oak, superhealsedna, tower Rook), but they all sacrifice something; mobility, health, mana, speed whatever. Ub does not have to do that. Sure he can skip BoF and get anklet or dagger and speed items to pester TB/Reg even more, but his normal build can do pretty much everything you could ask for. In addition it takes very little skill to play him.

This is does not mean that UB is way OP and noone can beat him it means that half of the current selection can't stand up to him in a balanced fight. And those who can are either gimped in other compartments in the game(ie Rook) or slightly OP themselves(erebus). And no I dint get beat for the tenth time in a row by UB, I know my game thank you very much.

Oh yeah and his stun should cause immunity like every other demigod in the game.

TL;DR, UB can healthstack like theres no tomorrow without sacrificing a great part of speed/mana/damage. He has the best damage, very good speed, and because the item system is fucked up, he can also healthstack. SEE comments pretty much.

/rant

+18 Karma | 27 Replies
October 3, 2009 10:18:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DiceAreEvil,
Acclimation is OP late game.  Once a health stacked ooze beast gets acclimation, it's freakin' impossible to drop him since just about all endgame spells trigger it, and his auto attack > yours thanks to ooze.  If he's packin' sigils, I advise you just run away.

Like 1% of the games I play get to level 15. Besides a erebus or minion general will probably still beat the beast.

October 3, 2009 10:39:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ntropy,

Quoting DiceAreEvil, reply 21Acclimation is OP late game.  Once a health stacked ooze beast gets acclimation, it's freakin' impossible to drop him since just about all endgame spells trigger it, and his auto attack > yours thanks to ooze.  If he's packin' sigils, I advise you just run away.
Like 1% of the games I play get to level 15. Besides a erebus or minion general will probably still beat the beast.

the first point is true, the second not. mineon erebus against ooze ub is quite useless. not that the ub would kill with ooze its minions but they lack much of dmg.

anyway... the blance of this game is not that kind that at ANY level ALL dgs are balanced. it  shifts a bit depending on level.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000079   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.