The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 4, 2016 8:00

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 24th until January 4th, 2016.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Inability to bind mouse 4, mouse 5

By on September 27, 2009 3:53:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

fTdOmen

Join Date 01/2007

After finally starting to try playing general demigods, i've found the n,m,o keys to be quite unintuitive being so far from either my right or left hand and figured i really only use

minion control only  (m)

and regroup keys often (o)

since i've got a 9 button mouse i figured no big deal i'd bind thouse keys to mouse 4 and mouse 5 and it would work very nicely with my style of play.

unforutanetly i can't seem to bind those keys to anything other than keyboard shortcuts, i was wondering if anyone else has this issue or am i simply missing something.

(please note, setpoint does allow me to bind those keys to keyboard shortcuts, but this would be less than ideal since everything else i use works with mouse 4 and mouse 5)

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 28, 2009 1:33:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think its great idea, because lot of people have 4-5 buttons or more on mouse.

September 28, 2009 1:41:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What are those keys set to in setpoint? Do you have them set up as generic buttons?

September 28, 2009 2:00:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

generally they're set to generic buttons, i've changed them them to keyboard m and o to play as even page up page down didn't work which is what i normally use as a backup for the occasional game that doesn't support mouse 4 mouse 5

heck i can't even use mouse 3 when it's set to generic button or middle mouse which astounds me as most mice are 3 buttons these days.

does anyone know if there's an ini file somewhere i can edit to use some more of the buttons i've got on my mouse?

September 28, 2009 3:41:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod

File:

Game.prefs (can be opened with notepad and read/modified)

Line:

UserKeyMap = {
                ['1'] = '',                                       <- This means that [Hero Ability 1] has been set to 'Insert' key
                Insert = 'use_ability_1'

And I do not know how to or if possible to set to mouse buttons.

However I do have the most simplest solution.

Install: http://www.autohotkey.com/download/ (Just the top download)

Then make this script:

XButton#::4 [Open a new notepad type this in then save it as (name).ahk]

Open it like a normal file and a little green 'H' will be on your taskbar showning that the script is active.

This scripts sets mouse button # to the number 4 on your keyboard, you can change the # to any number above 1 where 1=4, 2=5 and so on.

The script can look like this:

MButton::Shift      <- Middle mouse button = keypress 'shift' on keyboard

XButton1::1         <- Mouse button 4 = keypress 1 on keyboard

XButton2::2         <- Mouse button 5 = keypress 2 on keyboard

XButton3::3         <- etc.

XButton4::4

XButton5::h

All info found here: http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/misc/Remap.htm

Its easy fast and only solution I could give you right now

September 28, 2009 1:08:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks for the suggestion, whilst setting up macros will work as a temporary fix, i'd still like to see support added officially for more mouse buttons in the future

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2015 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.