The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

NOTES are in: Part 1

By on September 24, 2009 12:14:16 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

image In hindsight, Notes are such an obvious feature that every RTS should have them. Though, admittedly, I would like to thank the various karma gods that such a feature did not exist in Total Annihilation as I would never have been able to find anyone to play (I helped pioneer such tactics as com napping, flash tank sticking, metal creators being “given” to the enemy).

We only have half of the note system in. 

Here’s how it works:

Go to Pantheon (http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/ ) and then find the games you’ve recently played and you can click on any user you want and then, by clicking on the new “notes” tab add a note.  Only you can see these notes. 

Now, in the next week or two, we’ll have an update to Demigod in which you’ll be able to see these notes in the lobby (in the connection info area).  So if someone was particularly fun to play with, you can make a note of that.  If they did something really annoying (rage quit, plays only in premades, swears at you, etc.) you can make a note of that too.  Like I said, only you can see the notes you’ve written but they work as great reminders. 

Ready to Play

If you haven’t already signed up for the Impulse Ready to Play beta, do so now.  It’s http://readytoplay.impulsedriven.com.

I’ve been playing with this for the past few days. The number of beta testers has been kept very low (only people who sign up, only people who have multiple games) but we’re going to be expanding this in the next few days and Demigod users are going to be moved to the top of the list. It makes getting a game going much much easier and the actual games are much better.  Don’t take my word for it though, if anyone who has Ready to Play wants to comment here, go for it.

But you combine the notes with Ready to Play and you end up with a significantly better experience in my opinion.

+81 Karma | 10 Replies
September 24, 2009 12:46:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Saw this sometime last week and started adding comments.  Looking forward to seeing these show up in game!  Thanks and good idea!

September 24, 2009 1:21:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Anyone who wants a friendly proficient-expert(depends on which DG I play), add me to friends and look for me on Ready to Play.

Also GG yesterday frogboy, my first saved replay!

September 24, 2009 1:54:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Notes seems like a great feature. I've noted some of the players from my last couple of games

September 24, 2009 2:29:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So far I  havne't found any of my friends. This is because I don't know their Stardock usernames.  Heck, I barely know _my_ stardock username.

I'd strongly recomend adding a "add by Email" fuction.  Additionally, if there was some way I could tell stardock to peek at my gmail contact list and add/invite the people on it, that would make it really easy to populate my "ready to play" list.

September 24, 2009 2:48:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don’t take my word for it though, if anyone who has Ready to Play wants to comment here, go for it.

Is there a forum or post for "Ready to Play" comments/bugs/suggestions?  I just installed it...didn't play around with it too much, but noticed that I don't have any recommended friends yet.  After I choose a game, I just see "Searching..." in the "Choose Friends" screen.  Could be a firewall issue...or maybe I'm just *that* incompatible.  Really looking forward to using this tool.  I think it'll be a great utility.

September 24, 2009 2:52:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting PunningPundit,
So far I  havne't found any of my friends. This is because I don't know their Stardock usernames.  Heck, I barely know _my_ stardock username.

I'd strongly recomend adding a "add by Email" fuction.  Additionally, if there was some way I could tell stardock to peek at my gmail contact list and add/invite the people on it, that would make it really easy to populate my "ready to play" list.

I like the idea of an "add by e-mail" function.  I tossed out an invite to Frogboy because his was the only name that popped into my head.

September 24, 2009 3:44:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fantastic!

September 24, 2009 7:02:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And on the same day, Google launches sidewiki, which lets you make public comments on other peoples profiles. This is gonna be fun

September 25, 2009 8:29:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is there a forum or post for "Ready to Play" comments/bugs/suggestions?
http://forums.impulsedriven.com/forum/614

October 3, 2009 2:27:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi, I was hoping we could get in the game's lobby straight from Ready To Play chat.

Is it on the roadmap?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000016   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.