The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

How I would fix QoT, in 5 steps

By on September 23, 2009 1:44:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. Slightly reduce Shambler target acquisition range so that they correctly engage stationary and retreating targets.

2. Fix QoT's autoattack issues (she randomly loses her target).

3. Entourage redesigned - It now affects QoT and nearby Demigods

• Consequently the idea behind tribute becomes hilarious.

4. Compost receives a major overhaul. The previous Shambler-only damage and health gains from Entourage are added to this ability's current effects and each stack of Compost reduces the cost of Summon Shamblers by 20-33% (I'm partial to 20%). Whenever new Shamblers are summoned all stacks are consumed. This skill trades places graphically with Entourage.

5. Uproot is given a Universal Gadget-like dual functionality. QoT still "sends her vines beneath the earth" to destroy the foundations of enemy structures, but she may now use her vines to reinforce friendly structures as well (it becomes the first building healing skill).

+37 Karma | 35 Replies
September 23, 2009 2:14:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good stuff ++

September 23, 2009 2:28:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually I was wrong, I would need another step for fixing the issue with minions not spawning with maximum HP.

*Update* This bug seems to have been fixed with 1.19!

September 23, 2009 3:27:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Superb ideas, especially the last one.

September 23, 2009 4:02:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

haha imagine the calls of "NERFFFFF QUEEN!!1!" if she could heal towers

i can't imagine anyone asking to have queen nerfed at the moment

September 23, 2009 4:15:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the tower heal idea.  An early game counter to Regulus's range talent would be nice to prevent some of that early game demolitioning.

September 23, 2009 5:35:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

5. Uproot is given a Universal Gadget-like dual functionality. QoT still "sends her vines beneath the earth" to destroy the foundations of enemy structures, but she may now use her vines to reinforce friendly structures as well (it becomes the first building healing skill).

very nice idea !

September 23, 2009 6:55:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I was very surprised you thought she needed 5 buffs to 'fix' her but then I only play Pantheon where she seems to do just fine.

The 5th idea is fantastic though.

September 23, 2009 7:31:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

5. Uproot is given a Universal Gadget-like dual functionality. QoT still "sends her vines beneath the earth" to destroy the foundations of enemy structures, but she may now use her vines to reinforce friendly structures as well (it becomes the first building healing skill).

Agreed, fantastic idea.

September 23, 2009 9:56:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 for the Uproot idea.  That alone would be a great improvement.

September 23, 2009 10:10:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd make it use like 1k mana if it gets used on friendly towers, then normal mana cost otherwise. That way it'll make it tougher to just spam heals on towers. Maybe by max level it would cost 2k or so mana for friendly tower heals.

September 23, 2009 10:21:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a great idea.  It gives QoT a role other than shield spam and fills a missing niche.  +1

September 23, 2009 10:54:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting regabond,
I'd make it use like 1k mana if it gets used on friendly towers, then normal mana cost otherwise. That way it'll make it tougher to just spam heals on towers. Maybe by max level it would cost 2k or so mana for friendly tower heals.
After level 5 if you leave your lane to go shop most DGs can destroy a full health tower before you get back. I don't feel that healing would be overpowered in the long run. If it were though it would be better to again draw from the Universal Gadget's design to balance it, it wouldn't have to do as much damage as it heals or vice versa. A 1k+ mana cost would just make it unusable.

September 23, 2009 10:56:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i can't imagine anyone asking to have queen nerfed at the moment
What's funny about the queen is she really does have some insanely powerful abilities, she's just crippled by bugs. I guarantee you if shamblers are fixed you're going to a see a ton of nerf requests, especially when people figure out how powerful mulch shambler is.

September 23, 2009 2:09:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Brilliant!

Entourage:  Your idea gives a support Demigod an aura.  I like.

Compost:  Pretty creative.  I really like.

Uproot:  Would add a very interesting dynamic to playing QoT.  I like it a lot!

September 23, 2009 8:36:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm sorry, but removing shambler damage from compost and entourage would bother me. I play QoT a lot, and always take both. Because the damage added is multiplied by four shamblers, they really are useful abilities. I think the uproot idea is quite worthy, because I've never seen anyone use it. Compost and entourage though, please don't bash.

September 23, 2009 9:20:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

5. Uproot is given a Universal Gadget-like dual functionality. QoT still "sends her vines beneath the earth" to destroy the foundations of enemy structures, but she may now use her vines to reinforce friendly structures as well (it becomes the first building healing skill).

September 23, 2009 9:23:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Melzidek,
I'm sorry, but removing shambler damage from compost and entourage would bother me. I play QoT a lot, and always take both. Because the damage added is multiplied by four shamblers, they really are useful abilities. I think the uproot idea is quite worthy, because I've never seen anyone use it. Compost and entourage though, please don't bash.

I'm sorry, but if you're ever on my team please don't play the QoT by going compost and etourage... and even if you're playing against me, still don't do that.  I enjoy a challenge.

I mean no offense, but I don't believe you have played this game enough to understand whether your team has won because of your help, or despite your mistakes.

September 23, 2009 9:48:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't want to reduce total damage output or HP. I want to add Entourage's previous effect into Compost. With my plan when you had three stacks of Compost you you would have shamblers equal to how they currently are with both Compost and Entourage active.

The concept behind the idea is that Oak and EB effectively produce minions for free, but to do so they've gotta get near combat. With my idea QoT would summon weaker minions any time she wanted, but if she were actively engaged in a battle she could ramp up their HP and damage and keep their mana cost to a minimum, emulating but not imitating the functionality of EB/Oak.

I like the idea of charging up minions, using those minions to kill more and build up a new charge, and then that charge to build new ones and start the process over again. With Mulch you would constantly be saving and rebuilding compost, which would make the stacks much more dynamic and meaningful than they currently are, because as-is the few people who actually use compost just build up 3 ranks and maintain them indefinitely. It's effectively a completely passive buff like Entourage.

I'm sorry, but if you're ever on my team please don't play the QoT by going compost and etourage... and even if you're playing against me, still don't do that.  I enjoy a challenge.
I agree with this...  If you go QoT and get both compost and Entourage you simply cannont rank up shield and mulch high enough to be effective. Personally as queen I ignore Compost completely and rank up Spike Waves at level 15+. 1v1 I'm not sure it's beatable.

September 23, 2009 10:42:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

love the buffs, they should happen my QoT wants blood

September 24, 2009 5:31:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nerf QoT she owns LE already

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/978928/player/68270/

------

Idd nice idea! But I don't think that will make up for her lack in late game.

September 24, 2009 4:14:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great ideas, I like the new uproot. This should be enough to get her balanced.

September 25, 2009 10:00:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

very good idea for uproot

October 2, 2009 11:52:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here are my suggestions.

1. Half of Entourage bonus should be applied to Summon Shamble 2,3,4 instead.

Reason,

- Raise Dead Ward boost number of summoned, hp and damage,

- Coven boost number of summoned and damage,

- Summon Yetis boost numbers, hp and damage and/or reduces mana cost.

- Summon Shamble only increases number of summon and reduces mana cost.

2. Entourage should boost QoT movement speed.

Reason, QoT is the slowest general. Oak can boost speed with Surge of Faith, Sedna can boost speed by Inner Grace, Erebus is naturally faster and has Batswarm.

3. Compost should nourish QoT also boosting her Damage and health regeneration rate.

4. Spike Wave should interrupt. Again, QoT is the only General without an interrupt.

October 2, 2009 2:13:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

About the OP:

1. Agree on the attack range! But I think Shambler cannot attack while moving because they shoot their roots into the ground and are therefore stuck (animation-wise), so retreating targets can't be attacked by them. "Fixing" this could perhaps be quite hard.
  2. This bug seemingly affects all Generals, it's only quite visible on the QoT because she has a ranged autoattack. Fixing this would improve overall General gameplay.
  3. Would be quite nice, having an "Aura" as support is very useful. Alternatively (like Zygwen) I think that making the original Entourage a side effect of a higher Summon Shambler skill would also be an option. The need to put 3 skill points into Entourage so that your (mana-expensive) Shamblers can survive a single area-of-effect skill (Mines, Fire Nova, etc.) is quite much. The improved damage of Shamblers with Entourage is very low (Shambler attack speed is quite slow (0.5), so +10 damage means a very very low +5dps!!). Also Tribute needs to be rethought.
  4. Good idea!
  5. Awesome idea! Still, its damage as a purely offensive siege-only skill is ridiculous.

October 3, 2009 5:17:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tbh I dont think I'll chose more than level 1 uproot even with healing.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001688   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.