The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod v1.19 Update is Available!

By on September 22, 2009 3:06:40 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

The highly anticipated update for Demigod is here!  The Demigod update v1.19 is now available and users can now download this free update via Impulse .

The changelog for this update includes:

Added replay support. Replays can be :

• Chosen from Front end
  • Deleted from Front end
  • Created at end of multiplayer or single player skirmish game
  • Slider added to adjust game speed during replays
  • Skills, inventory, HUD, and citadel upgrades visible while in replay
  • Added version matching for replays, will only display valid replays
  • Added observer as a replay choice to remove shroud

Artifact Shop changes:

• [Enhanced Health Potion] 1000->800g
  • [Enhanced Mana Potion] 1000->600g
  • [Revitalization Elixir] 1000->900g
  • [Supreme Health Potion] 1500->1200g
  • [Supreme Mana Potion] 1500->900g
  • [Supreme Revitalization Elixir] 1500->1350g
  • [Wand of Speed] 1250g->1750g
  • [Warlord's Punisher] 1.5->1s cast time
  • [Twig of Life] 33%->50% heal, 100->150 minion life
  • [Gauntlets of Despair] 100->200 mana drain

Additional updates:

• Multiplayer Skirmish button removed to focus on Custom and Pantheon (single player Skirmish still present)
  • Decreased turn speed on minions
  • Tweaked flight variables for angels to increase hit frequency, also dropped damage to compensate.
  • Significant pathing improvements for minions and angels especially, but reinforcements in general.
  • Adjusted long distance repulsion
  • Minions ignore 50% of the repulsion from buildings and land units.
  • Blueprint loading enabled only when corresponding mod has been enabled.
  • Fixed unable to join dialog/tooltip.
  • Fix for active cooldowns adjusting when a cooldown buff/debuff fades.
  • Fixes for potential threading crashes.
  • Fixed the Valor Flag buff/debuff bug.
  • Fixed the underlying system supporting Ring of Might, Hex Scroll, Horn of Battle. Those items reactivated.
  • Login screen now sets password field to blank after logging in.
  • Prepend timestamp on error logging
  • Fix for active cooldowns adjusting when a cooldown fades.
  • Mod-triggered desynch handling
+458 Karma | 33 Replies
September 22, 2009 3:16:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Decreased turn speed on minions

*Vague comment about 1 feature of the patch, ignoring everything else completely*

September 22, 2009 3:20:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,

quoting post

*Vague comment about 1 feature of the patch, ignoring everything else completely*
*Irritated and incoherent response citing your ignorance and lack of playing skills*

September 22, 2009 3:24:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Does this mean minions spawn faster or what?

September 22, 2009 3:29:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kalil Chernov,

*Irritated and incoherent response citing your ignorance and lack of playing skills*

*comment utterly devoid of logic and reasoning thought, severely impaired in the areas of grammar and coherence, and with references to various unknown organizations of L2p. After reading the comment you are actually dumber for having read it*

September 22, 2009 3:35:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't understand "Adjusted long distance repulsion". What does it mean ?

September 22, 2009 3:57:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ice27828,

Does this mean minions spawn faster or what?

No, it means the rate at which they turn is faster.  So if it took 1 second to turn from front to back before then it now takes less than 1 second (who knows how much less).

Quoting lokideath,

I have no idea what this means either

September 22, 2009 4:27:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sweet! I will download the patch now

thanks guys for all the work you put into this.

also I love the way you edited inappropriate comments, really funny and much better than locking the thread. good job.

September 22, 2009 4:36:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Mr11,

No, it means the rate at which they turn is faster.  So if it took 1 second to turn from front to back before then it now takes less than 1 second (who knows how much less).

Actually, it means the rate at which they turn is slower since their speed is 'decreased'.

September 22, 2009 4:40:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually I think it means they turn slower, not faster.

Edit: beaten to the punch

September 22, 2009 4:41:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lokideath,

I have no idea what this means either. Is there anyone that can clarify?

September 22, 2009 4:43:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I read it wrong

September 22, 2009 4:58:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I too am curious about "repulsion".  Any information to be had on this one? 

September 22, 2009 6:01:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I believe that repulsion refers to the anti-collision properties of units in regard to eachother and to buildings.  Ignoring some of the repulsion, i think, allows them to clip through eachother making them less likely to get stuck.  As for "long distance" repulsion, I'm guessing it means that they tweaked the way units adjust to other objects they see in their path.

September 22, 2009 6:05:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

# Adjusted long distance repulsion

#Minions ignore 50% of the repulsion from buildings and land units.

I thought repulsion was talking about when Rook (for instance) smacks a little grunt and the grunt goes flying through the air. So that will happen only half as often now. But Phukmall your explanation sounds more legitimate lol.

September 22, 2009 7:19:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting phukmall,
I believe that repulsion refers to the anti-collision properties of units in regard to eachother and to buildings.  Ignoring some of the repulsion, i think, allows them to clip through eachother making them less likely to get stuck.  As for "long distance" repulsion, I'm guessing it means that they tweaked the way units adjust to other objects they see in their path.

I believe this is correct - the repulsion from the Citadel, for example, will be lessened, allowing them to move closer to it. Should actually allow minions to move past it without having to play the oh-so-fun mini-game of "Minions go 'round".

September 22, 2009 8:01:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good stuff, good stuff. I like:

Fixed the Valor Flag buff/debuff bug.

That kinda bugged me for a long time.

/leaves to test the new pathfinding and replays

September 22, 2009 11:19:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fixes for potential threading crashes.

Good I think. What is this exactly? If it means better support for multi-threaded platforms, there is reason to celebrate.

September 23, 2009 9:35:18 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Already noticed a bug in the replays. When you watch it at +10 for a bit and put it back to normal it screws up. Just thought I'd let you know.

September 23, 2009 10:05:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

just out of wonder, who did the work for this patch, was it stardock mostly, gpg mostly, or an equal share of both?

September 23, 2009 10:09:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting phukmall,

Good explanation, thanks a lot

September 23, 2009 7:05:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fixed unable to join dialog/tooltip.

does this fix the "success" message? because it still occurs.

September 23, 2009 7:24:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fix for active cooldowns adjusting when a cooldown buff/debuff fades.

Does this mean Deep Freeze is now viable for use at any point after an enemy skill use?

September 23, 2009 11:54:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[Warlord's Punisher] 1.5->1s cast time

Worthless buff. still a worthless item. I posted this in a different thread, read below:

The below is from information off of demigoddb.com i know the site isn't completely up to date, but are these numbers legit? Because if they are the item is still useless and the game still does not have a viable mana drain option.

Big Problem:

if you constantly use warlords as a harassment tool like mana burn was for a demon hunter in warcraft, that's pretty awesome. I did some math though. A rook at level 5 with scaled helm and plenor will regen 13.46 mana a second. Warlords cooldown is 30 seconds and hits for -400 mana. So if you hit a guy for -400 mana with warlords, his mana will regen that 400 back in..... 29.7 seconds in other words, you get the mana back even before warlords hits again, and thats even if every 30 seconds on the dot you blast him with the item........... man this sucks. And this item just got buffed? are you forreal? If it was a favor item, i could understand, but a 2250 trinket? The item is obsolete the minute you can afford it.

Also, all of these numbers are assuming they DO NOT have control of the mana flag.

September 25, 2009 12:08:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting playgroundlegend,
[Warlord's Punisher] 1.5->1s cast time

Worthless buff. still a worthless item.

By itself you are right.  But with the adjustment to Gauntlets of Despair this might make for a viable combo.  Now you can use WP for an opening shot, do a bit of damage and drain then auto attack with the gauntlets causing further drain.  It might not be worth the sacrifice of 2 slots though.

September 25, 2009 3:17:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

On the patch release: Great!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000937   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.