The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod- Chimera

By on September 22, 2009 11:31:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*Name found! thx MisterSureal

I thought about a really creativ idea for a demigod:

This demigod (as many tend to do) will have two forms- one is a normal caster build with some unique abilitys I thought of but his other form is different. in his second form he would split himself into 6 actual units that can be actual controled by itself. every unit have 25% of max health so potentially u have more hp. when u want to become one again u would choose a place where all units will go and become one there. I dont know the exect word for "one" so I will call it gathered form (names suggestions would be gladdly appriciated)

Just to clear on how this thing goes: each unit is 25% from max hp, and when you go to gathered form you split the hp that got left from all units into 6 and do x4.
Exemple = if you have 6000 hp at start, each unit will have 1500 hp. if after a battle u only have 4 units with 2000 hp overall u do 2000 / 6 = 333.33 X 4 = 1333 hp when u become one again.

Appearance: this dg is looked like a strong caster with a long brown cloak. he have a long strait staff used for ranged attacks. when splitted, each unit look like a small ninja with a sword, attacking from melee range.

Abilities:

Magic Bash- Chimera bash a target from range, dealing X dmg and lowering X armor.
Shock (end of ability line)- Magic bash now also halt hp and mana regen for X seconds.

Stay and fight- Chimera cast a circle around him that stay for 10 seconds, allies in this area gain +X% attack speed while enemies lose -X% attack speed. an enemy dg that left the circle after it was in it for atleast 1 second is damaged and slowed.

Cannon- Chimera goes cannon form for 7 seconds, range is increased for a bit more that regulus buffed range as well as sight radius. attack speed and weapon dmg is increased by X%. downside is u cant move and take X% more dmg.

Life regen (passive)- Chimera increase his hp regen by 5% every 7 enemys killed, tops at level 3. in level 4 armor is also increased by X% (compost like ability)

Fragmented Form- split into 6 units, each with 25% of max hp, damage is about 20% and armor I dont know really, will need testing.

Suicide- you choose a target and closest unit walk to there untll it is in range, than dash to there and killing itself, dealing large amount of AOE damage.

Infected- you choose a target and like suicide closest unit dash to there from range, this time entering a dg body. effects are no hp regen, take X% more damage and have a 20% chance to be critted by AA for 2x damage. the unit return out from that body after 10 seconds

Slash- you choose a target and the closest unit dash to that enemy and dealing X damage and causing X second stun.

Start ahead (passive)- when units going to attack an enemy out of their range, they have an X% chance to preform a first hit with a dash that close the range, dealing X damage.

Gathered form- all units gather to one location and become one. hp and mana regen increased.

I can add numbers to all those X but I think its pointless without trying it ingame (I could be wrong and add them if u like)

So... what do u think ?

BTW- as you probably noticed, my english sux cause its not my mother language. its also the reason for all those horrible abilities names, I just dont have the right words

+3 Karma | 12 Replies
September 23, 2009 2:52:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so i gather from his range of skills his like a shape shifter type guy is he a general or a assasin?.. i thought from his name: the spiltter that he a general type of guy lol, but why not call him The Splicer. -sounds cooler is all

but the skills of the hero are AWESOME imo, massive kudos to you.

luve the skills: cannon, split, suicide (you suicide the expendable clones right?), infected

i would love for infected to kind of posses things for a while, like u split into 6 then posses the 2 of the enemys  bishops *drool* sickness

September 25, 2009 7:28:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks man, I appreciate u posting in my topic. oh and I would make him an assassins although u can control 6 units its feel much more suitable than having to summon idols.

But seriously, one comment in two days ? I feel sad. I really thought I have something good here

September 26, 2009 12:21:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i dont think its your ideas, i think its the way there presented. people jsut tend to want to read things over realy fast IMO anyway. ive taken down all my demigod ideas becouse no one seems interested

September 26, 2009 5:37:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yo x-raider! I feel the same way. No1 comments on my ideas anymore, but darkwo1f is right dude. Most people just want to play the game instead of caring about what we have to offer. Anyways i got a sweet idea for some names for abilities and maybe even a story for this guy. But the splicer sounds too generalized of a name for him i think. A good name i think would be The Splinter Lord. I dont know but i like it. Comment on what i say. If u want to keep the splicer as his name go ahead. Mine was a suggestion.

September 26, 2009 7:10:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Isnt Splinter's the master of the ninja turtels ?  sound pretty cool though.

Anyway im not changing the name in the topic cause I wrote it alot of times in there and dont have the power to rewrite it. I actualy have a base story in my mind where he got executed and got ripped into 6 parts or something like that but I would love to hear your idea.

I wish I could have mod my ideas so the world will see they are worthy of comments !.

September 27, 2009 8:06:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well feel free to keep the name, mine was just a suggestion. Anyways though here's my idea for his story:

Life for Thomas was diffrent. Unlike most children his age, he had to choose out of many lives he could live. He was next in line for the throne of a small town, he could begin training as an apprentice of the royal gaurds, he could learn to become a mage. He had more options then that, but those three were the ones he most wanted. They had great responsibility that he greatly wished to have. He was only six and he did not want to make the wrong choice, so he thought many nights, thinking of all of the great possibilities he could have. What he could become or what he would do.

As more nights passed, something odd began to come over Thomas. He started to tear apart, as if he were becoming diffrent people. His personalities began to seperate, move away from him, out of his control. He was becoming many diffrent people. After three weeks of going through his odd metamorphisis, something so freakish and unexplainable happened to him that nobody has ever spoken of it. His body began to tear apart. When it had torn all the way, he was six diffrent people. Having so much choice, so many thoughts truly had torn him apart. He had ran, and was never seen again.

I know the story is short and kinda blank but i hoped u like it. If not feel free to critisize or use ur own. But i have an idea for some abilities or a thought or two about him. I think his diffrent people could look diffrent and do diffrent things. Like one could be a mage and they all do abilities togother. Like a mage and royal gaurd would create a cyclone in one ability. Or when he is dieng, he could split off into his diffrent people.

Anyways though i think its a cool idea. If it sounds like it destroying his concept to u thats fine with me.  Hope u like my ideas.

September 28, 2009 6:26:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love your story, but it kinda miss that 'wow' effect. but the idea is very cool, I wouldnt thought of that kind of story myself.

about having each units different- well as I started this demigod my first thought were that all units be the same, cause I hate micro that much. but that got me to a new ability idea:

Promotion- casted on a single unit. selected unit become a battle mage, gaining range attack that also does aoe damage. downside is that unit lose 20% of max hp.

Promotion level 2- when you promote a unit a window come up leting you choose between a battle mage or a royal gaurd. royal gaurd have 20% more hp and deal 20% more damage. downside is they are pretty slow units.

promoted units cant use infected and suicide skills.

what do u think, if its too complicated let me know.

September 28, 2009 10:08:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pesonally i like the promotion idea better than just having a royal gaurd permanently. What happens if one of ur dudes gets stomped? well now u can just promote one! Anyways gj dude. Ill be back to edit this post...

October 1, 2009 2:35:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I kinda dig it, sort of a cross between a General and Assassin. Would be tough to pull off, but if they could balance him I can see him being insanely fun to play.

What about the name 'Chimera' after the legendary beast? Also means 'many shapes'

October 1, 2009 7:13:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is that WOW name we were looking for! Thats perfect surreal!

And i got some replace ability name ideas here

Magic Bash= Split Fire ( i dotn know about this one)

Stay and fight= Courageos Conscience (To fit in with personalities)

Infect= Possesed Personalities

Cannon= Explosive Emotions

Life Regen= Regenerative State of Mind

Splitt= Fragmented Form

Slash= Painfull thoughts

Start ahead= Determined Thoughts

So tell me what u think!

October 2, 2009 2:59:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

MisterSurreal- thx man, I appriciate your comment, oh and Chimera is an awesome name, I think I will change it to that.

UncleanBeast- I love u man, its very nice from you to keep posting in this forum.  about the names, well honestly, they are not that good. I need something simple like 'snipe' or 'heal'. but u founed a good name for split form , I like that name very much.

thx for replying guys

October 2, 2009 6:34:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol i know the names suck, i just had all these good ideas but my mind went blank when i was typing:(

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.