The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Community Made Demigod: Frogboy? (looking for talented modders for this)

By on September 21, 2009 4:27:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

This is actualy more of a repost then anything. mrappard actualty suggested this back in june/july when the SDK was supposidly nearing completion ( ...) (Is anyone up for a Collab)

anyway with the SDK around the corner ( )... and with our brand spanking new modding section fo the forums ( ) i thought now if a good time to bumb this old post back into the spot light.  first of, what we want is to:

Create a working and playable Frogboy Demigod

In order to do this we'll need a good group of modders (since SD/GPG have expressed how incredibly difficult this is going to be.)  Anyone interested should post their interest below and try find me on the #dgmodding channel on the IRC (or PM me).  for something like this i'm thinking we'll need quite a few 3D modelers and animators as well as some coders for doing abilities and such.  All in all it'll probably be very tough.. and in all honestly we might not even finish it.  However if a good amount of work goes in and some nice clean models come out of it i can't see y SD or GPG wouldn't mind picking up the project and finishing it themselves.

and after all... its Frogboy we're talking about here.  that's right, the one who kept our hearts lifted with journal entries and 50 min documentaties about late nites at SD ( ) .  honestly he probably needs another vactiona and a raise, but since no one here can do that we might as well try immortalize him as a Demigod

+81 Karma | 60 Replies
September 21, 2009 9:11:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd love to, however I've never been good at modeling biped's.  Quadriped in this case I guess...  I could work a coding side or possibly a texture for its UV.

September 21, 2009 9:36:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
You could make him a standing frog warrior who wields a (ban)hammer. His magic abilities will revolve around the water element. I could go on and on about the details! He'll have an AoE whirlpool, a jump ability, some sort of magical hammer whack... I call for official implementation if completed!
September 21, 2009 10:00:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its a funny idea...

but...

there a tons of new DG-Ideas making more sense like this...

because of the high difficulty to create new DGs, modders shouldn't spent their limited time in this Fun-idea !

September 21, 2009 10:55:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll be working on the Draginol DG

September 21, 2009 12:57:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He could have a Croak of the Frog and summon Frog knights mounted on Devil Toads

A frog spawn blast spell and of course the BANHAMMER attack. 60 second recharge but prevents all abilities for 20 seconds in a set area

He could have a little staff thing and his cloak could have the Stardock symbol on it with a pointy hat.

Maybe some sort of pounce thing maybe as well...

September 21, 2009 1:30:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He would actually summon CariElves as his unique minion, as he would be a general Demigod.

September 21, 2009 2:37:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nm

September 21, 2009 2:47:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Count me in

September 21, 2009 5:21:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

good to see people interested.  for now i'm going to do some concept art to really nail down the figure before trying any 3D modeling.  i'm open for suggestions at this point so what ever your thoughts are feel free to post them up.  currently i'm working form the idea of an upright, armoured frog weilding a large hammer.  while searching for reference i remembered Frog form Chrono Trigger so that probably going to be a base for most of the design.  to the side is a good example of what i'm currently visualizing:

as for the actual mechanics:  first is figuring out if he's going to eb a general or assassin.  personaly i think assassin would be better since the real Frogboys involvement has been very hands.  in my minds eye i can see him being the kind of demigod that can take anyone one mono e mono.

if he is an assassin my suggestions for abilities would be these:

Jumping Ban Hammer: Frogboy leaps a large distance and once landing destroyed the area with him hammer (think barbarian jump ability in Diablo II)

Concealed: Wraps a cloak around himself making him invisible.  movement will cancel invis. after leaving invis damamge increase as well as evasion for X amount of time.

Tongue Heal: target allie units to heal them for Y damage (if u ever played Chrono Trigger u'll know what i mean)

Hammer Throw: Nuke/Stun which knocks both Frogboy and the target back.

so post your own ability ideas as well as ideas for concept and functionality.  i'll be on IRC tomrorow most of the morning (thats morning in central Cananda so ajust what ever time zone ur in) if anyone wants to chat.  soon as i get some good art work done i'll post up what i got.

September 21, 2009 5:52:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy does like oak so maybe so sort of similarity to him? 

Just had a thought.. What do we do about sounds?  Maybe Frogboy could supply that for this DG.  Just a few recordings of him in the morning.  It's bound to be where he got his name from,

September 21, 2009 6:10:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ ScottishAlien

I hope your Frog-DG will be suitable to the graphic-style of Demigod !

a frog-themed DG could look a little bit cheesy, like on this artwork.

I know, this is not exactly the Frog-DG you are going to make,

but pls don't create any "comic-like hero" for Demigod !

September 21, 2009 6:40:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but pls don't create any "comic-like hero" for Demigod !

don't worry.. like rocky was saying i'm priobably going to base armour and such off somethign like Oak... maybe make the FrogBoy DG smaller with the ban hammer taking up most of its mass.  a lot of the art style of Demigods comes from its textures, so thats where most of the stylalization will come from.

Maybe Frogboy could supply that for this DG.

i actually had the exact same idea.  if we get it to the point where we need to start thinking about adding in voice work then i think Frogboy would be more then pleased to lend us his voice.  we can just send him a list of phrases we'd like him to say like...

"For the last time.  Stardock didn't make Demigods..."

or "I happen to like Demigod a lot, I play it pretty much every day..."

or "I can't speak for Chris Taylor, but..."

(all of which are actual quotes )

September 21, 2009 8:31:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have an idea. Frogboy can be a light general. His nemesis will be Supreme Commander, a dark side general.

September 21, 2009 8:42:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Abilities

Ban Hammer – Key 1

Activated ability. Silences the targetted Demigod for 2 seconds and does 200 damage. Increases as rank does.

Pond Water

Passive ability. Frogboy emits a radius where enemy All Demigods around him move 5% slower.

Tounge Lash– Key 2

Activated ability. Launches his tounge, attacking an enemy at range. Damage dealt increases as the skill increases. Chance on hit to trip the enemy and stun.

Whirlpool – Ultimate – Key 3

Activated ability. Frogboy jumps in the air within a radius and slams the ground, emitting a whirlpool around him that reduces allied and enemy movement speed and deals water damage. While sustaining the whirlpool, he is immobile.

King of Frogs

Passive Ability. CariElf's attack range increases

Summon CariElf– Key 4

Activated ability. Frogboy summons his trusty adventuring companion CariElf. She wields a bow of water damage that has a chance to reduce enemy attack speed. Only one CariElf may exist at a time per Frogboy.

Passive abilities

Companionship

CariElf's HP and attack speed increased each level.

Expertise

CariElf's dodge increased each level.

September 21, 2009 8:53:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As for phrases. I find these quite whimsical.

"Its Elemental!"

"I'm impulse driven!"

"Not skinning this frog!"

"Tweak this!"

"Objective docked!"

September 22, 2009 2:19:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,

Tounge Lash– Key 2
Activated ability. Launches his tounge, attacking an enemy at range. Damage dealt increases as the skill increases. Chance on hit to trip the enemy and stun.

How about copying the "new" Demis teleporting ability?

Instead of beating his opponent up with his tongue, have him pull him closer...

I'd love to see FB try & swallow the Rook...

September 22, 2009 2:44:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"It isn't easy being Green" seriously needs to be in there guys.

That's Kermit the Frog's Album title, for those you are unaware...

September 22, 2009 2:55:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i'm kind of interested to see if we can get bit recording of him saying "Ribbit, Ribbit"

September 22, 2009 4:11:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I´ll search a little for concept and will start to model a little bit this day while we´re waiting for updates.

September 22, 2009 5:06:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Instead of beating his opponent up with his tongue, have him pull him closer...

this.

i want a pudge from dota in this game

September 22, 2009 6:09:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe something like this Scot?

September 22, 2009 9:16:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
"It isn't easy being Green" seriously needs to be in there guys. That's Kermit the Frog's Album title, for those you are unaware...
I think lame Stardock puns are far more appropriate.
September 22, 2009 10:02:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good to see that TheScottishAlien can get more comments in two days then my entire threat did since it's creation. I'm sorry to say that when I asked FrogBoy about it he seemed very uninterested in a FrogBoy Demigod. So I'm working on the Monk he suggested minus the bo-staff

Test    <====== Did not mean this to be easter egg

September 22, 2009 10:11:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I think this is probably more of a fun thread than something that will actually work, mrappard I'd rather see effort go into things that stand a chance of official implementation anyways.
September 22, 2009 12:58:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

'Shoo fly, dont bother me'

'Banhammer cometh!'

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.