The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Questions about different things

for example: Towers and stats

By on September 20, 2009 7:21:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have two different questions which I have been thinking about for a while but haven't managed to get a proper answer.

The first one is about the stats on the pantheon site for example: http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/player/62923. What is the difference between "Tournament Stats" and "Ladder Stats"? Also, what is the "rank" based on; winning %? Favour points/experience? Something completely different?

The other questions is about the towers, specifically the Tower of Light/Darkness. When they fire all towers close to one another link together with beams of light and then fire. The same goes for Rooks towers, he can even link them together with other towers. Is this only a nice effect or is it acctually doing something to the damage to the towers. I have always imagines that towers linked together do more damage than one does alone.

Grateful for anyone who can help me!

/Esuzu

+10 Karma | 6 Replies
September 20, 2009 7:44:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't actually follow the stats at all, I don't care for the ranking system either, someone else can fill you in on how it's calculated ^^.

As for the towers, the linking is purely a pretty effect, it doesn't actually mean anything, or change the damage they do .

September 20, 2009 8:45:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The tower thing is meant to be a warning I think. All the towers linking together and shooting catches your eye more than a single Demigod attacking a tower

However if you are near 2 towers they will both link and shoot but at different periods so both attack you instead of channeling it through one.

Dunno if that makes sense or helps but just ask if you want more clarification

September 20, 2009 8:47:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The same goes for Rooks towers, he can even link them together with other towers. Is this only a nice effect or is it acctually doing something to the damage to the towers. I have always imagines that towers linked together do more damage than one does alone.

its is only a cool looking effect.

i dont know how experience works, but i believe it has to do with your win streak.

September 21, 2009 1:43:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for the answers!

September 21, 2009 5:07:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rank is based on experience and experience gain (or loss) is based off of the rank of your own team and the opponent's. You can win dozens of games against poorly ranked players and have it all undone by a few bad defeats.

Tournament rankings refer to the pantheon mini-seasons. Ladder rankings are your overall standing.

September 22, 2009 4:26:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,
Rank is based on experience and experience gain (or loss) is based off of the rank of your own team and the opponent's. You can win dozens of games against poorly ranked players and have it all undone by a few bad defeats.

Tournament rankings refer to the pantheon mini-seasons. Ladder rankings are your overall standing.

Thanks that really cleared it up!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.