The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Question on building ranges, etc

By on September 18, 2009 11:41:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am wondering if there is a good location to find stats such as the range of arrow towers, etc. 

I looked at the wiki page for buildings but there is nothing very specific there.  I thought I had seen a post about this awhile back but cannot find it.  Thanks for any help.

+10 Karma | 5 Replies
September 18, 2009 2:54:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

forts > archer towers > light towers

greatest range to shortest.

September 18, 2009 7:08:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It can all be approximated by comparison to Regulus' range. I don't play Demigod anymore (just browse the forums while reading), so I can't test for the exact ranges, but...

Light towers have either regulus' range or regulus' range +1. This is apparent because regulus cannot outrange the tower without his first range modifier (which is a +2, as are all his range modifiers, iirc), but can do so with it.

Archer towers have either regulus' range +2 or +3, following the same logic.

Fortresses have +4 or +5.

In order to test the -exact- range, you could have a level 1/3/5 (or whatever the progression is) regulus walk up to one of the towers and autoattack when his creeps aren't around. Does he get hit first, or does he attack at the same time as the tower? If he gets hit first, the towers have +1/+3/+5 range over the standard reg. If he attacks at the same time, +0/+2/+4. Hope this helps.

September 18, 2009 9:53:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I did a similar backwards calculation after posting this and found that the range for Regulus is (base) 15.  Light towers must be either 15 or 16 then.

I started on this topic by wondering what the effective range of Mark of the Betrayer I was.  It is listed as 8 but I wanted a visual reference.  With Reg's default being 15 I can see what that looks like exactly by sending him up against a tower.  Of course, with Mark you have no control over when it goes off.  I just wanted to have a better understanding.

Thanks for the posts   Hope you get back into the game pseudo.  I don't think we have ever played a game together but I have appreciated your feedback throughout the forums.

September 19, 2009 3:02:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

From dgdata.zip, Weapon.MaxRadius inside units .bp.

I assume these values are from center of unit to edge of target.

Defence:

• Light Tower = 15
  • Archer Tower = 15
  • Fort = 20
  • Trebuchet = 75 (minimum = 10)

Heroes:

• Oak, Erebus: 5
  • UB, Sedna: 6
  • Rook: 8
  • TB, Reg(unupgraded), QoT: 15

Special Minions:

• Night Walker: 3
  • Yeti: 4
  • Spirit: 5
  • Shambler: 14
  • Rook Shoulder Archer, Light Tower: 15
  • Rook Tower: 15
  • Rook Shoulder Trubuchet: 35

Creeps:

• Minotaur: 3
  • Angel: 4
  • Giant: 8
  • Priest: 14
  • Archer (creep): 15
  • Siege Archer: 20
  • Catapultasaurus: 23
September 19, 2009 5:28:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ahh, I stand corrected. According to the chart, archer towers do not have range over that of light towers. +1 for setting us all straight with some real data! 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.