The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Misleading inital pings

By on September 17, 2009 1:21:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mikhail

Join Date 02/2008
+2

I am a Demigod addict.  Love the game.  Love playing online.  I live in rural Ohio, at the end of a DSL line.  I have a low ping for single connections, and I can handle 3v3 games without any problem.  However, when I first am connecting to other players, I may show a ping of over 1000.  When connected to all players, most pings settle between 80 and 125.  As long as i'm still connecting to 1 player, i may show high pings to several players.  

Most of the time, the host will allow the pings to settle.  Occasionally, I'll get a comment like 'Mikhail must be from outer space' and get summarily kicked.  Even Frogboy did this to me the other night, and we've played in a few good games.  I just wanted to forward this in case i'm not the only player with this connection setup.  Let all players connect to each other before kicking a player for high ping.  Better yet, politely ask the high pinger to leave, if pings have finalized.

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 18, 2009 2:47:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same for me. This problem comes for me when they introduced the change that you not need to be connected to everyone to get into the lobby.

Dont play with such retards or just rejoin after kick and try to explain or start to flame

Best thing is to just play Skirmish or Pantheon.

September 18, 2009 4:16:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah error mesage and now double post

September 18, 2009 11:47:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

u tell em mik i wont kick u come play as often as u like as long as it settles and u do  as i say

September 19, 2009 11:00:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.  I work on a farm, and the DSL I have is rather... well, it's lacking.  The other night I was kicked from an east coast game for the reasons you mentioned.  I find that if I host games, I tend to avoid getting kicked.. and I do the kicking. YEAH!

September 19, 2009 6:14:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have a sililar situation. 

It doesnt happen when only connecting to like 2-3 people at once.  But I can play 4v4 just fine.  But god forbid I join a 3v3 or a 4v4 that only needs 1 more person.  They freak becasue connection to 7 people at once casues my ping to spike.  durrign that phase. 

It settles in about 5 secs usually.  I usually just rejoin the same game over and over and try to explain it to the host...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: