The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Favour coding

By on September 17, 2009 9:52:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Unlock All Achievement/Favor Items
For this to work you must have bought at least one favor item. Open the Game.prefs file with Notepad. This file is located in My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod.

Find the text:

Items = {

Copy the following text to it:

Items = {
'AchievementVision',
'AchievementDeathReduction',
'AchievementXPIncome',
'AchievementGoldIncome',
'AchievementRunSpeed',
'AchievementPure',
'AchievementHealth',
'AchievementMana',
'AchievementPotion',
'AchievementTeleport',
'AchievementCooldown',
'AchievementAEMana',
'AchievementMovement',
'AchievementAERegen',
'AchievementManaLeech',
'AchievementSnare',
'AchievementDamage',
'AchievementRefreshCooldowns',
'AchievementFreeSpells',
'AchievementFlurry',
'AchievementFinger',
'AchievementMinionDamage',
'AchievementMinionHealth',
'AchievementMinionEvasion',
'AchievementMinionMeta',
'AchievementMinionBuff',
'AchievementAEHeal',
'AchievementMinionInvis'
},

All items will now be unlocked in the shop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently this was posted and I was curious if this would work in a LAN situation. I havent been able to check but I want to find out before my mate comes round.

If this doesnt work I was wanting to know if it was possible to change the LUA coding so that you can give yourself something like 100000 favour. Reason being I dont want to be totting BotF while my mate is stuck with the Bejeweled Googles

+12 Karma | 4 Replies
September 18, 2009 11:25:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if you modify the lua both of you must have the modification to prevent desync

September 18, 2009 2:21:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That addition to the game.prefs file 'will' work in a LAN situation, yes.  It uses the same favor pool and item unlocks as the single-player game.  It's the online features that have their own pool.

Alternatively, you can also look for a line that says something to the tune of "points = [value]" ([value] being the number of favor points you currently have accumulated) and change that value to whatever you want.

September 19, 2009 3:08:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Malard999,
if you modify the lua both of you must have the modification to prevent desync

Game.prefs can be different for every players.

September 19, 2009 10:08:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the answers guys

After looking at the code a little my self and using a bit of common sense I should be able to use this with my mate

I would advise using this for LAN games. Its handy

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.