The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A differant look at modifying damage items.

By on September 16, 2009 3:04:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We all have heard the arguement that HP items are better than damage and I completely agree. Damage needs to be more effective in a 1 on 1 situation than HP is. HP is for a team game while damage is for a 1 on 1 battle. How often do you play 1 on 1? Not very often I'm guessing so in other words Damage needs to win against HP to be even in a team game. To help clarify...

UB vs UB

One with health stacking and one with damage stacking but same gold. The damage stacker should win. BUT...

UB Oak vs UB Oak

One team health stacks and one team damage stacks. The losing team should be the damage stackers but not by much.

Now I have thought up 2 ways to fix this both which I will explain below. My goal is to keep health stacking as is but make damage stacking more effective in a team enviornment. No nerfs only buffs. Short and simple.

Option 1: Buffing Damage items considerably or add some kind of side bonus

Damage items right now are far too expensive for what the provide. So lets up what they provide. Now early game damage items seem to be what is lacking. Ashkandor is an amazing item but it's too late game to matter much same with the other good damage items.

Every damage item gets + damage, auto attack speed, and some side bonus of varying bonuses (this could include armor, health, or crit chance, even it if's only 2% chance)

Option 2: Critical based damage

Now this would involve a lot of testing to get the numbers right so it isn't OP because it very quickly could become OP. I suggest that every damage item in the game be a small damage increase added with a small attack speed increase coupled with 1-5% chance to crit. Now some of you may be saying WOAH 25% crit chance doing major damage is too much. Look at the slayers wraps though. It works extrodinarily well on those and that is one of the most useful damage items out there. Now I'm not suggesting that we give it that independant chance to crit but to give them a stacking x2 crit ability.

So if you had these items (not real items just stats)

Item 1
10 damage
3% attack speed
4% chance to critical for x2 damage

Item 2
50 damage
no attack speed
5% chance to critical for x2 damage

Item 3
0 damage
8% attack speed
5% chance to critical for x2 damage

Now alone we would say these items jus are plain horrible. 4% isn't going to do anything is it? Well now if you take my method you have a 14% chance to crit with 11% extra attack speed and 60 damage. Now of course even this would be pretty UP at the moment. I'm just trying to get my point across. But as you can see this quickly could lead to auto attack becoming very deadly.

The only problem I see with this is ashkandor would have to be have to be changed to a higher percent crit with a x2 chance. So maybe 15% crit chance for x2 damage.

This idea you could easily be down on health. Maybe even half health of some demigods but doing 500 damage a hit every second with a 30% chance to crit on them could be very deadly.

This also would make armor stacking even more viable than it is now. It would even all 3 playing fields essentially and make it possible to adapt to situations better.

Please leave your comments and ideas how this could be modified. If you have another option post it below and I'll add it and cite you as the original person with the idea. I won't change this post again other to fix stupid grammer errors and to add more options.

THANKS FOR READING MY WALL O' TEXT

+11 Karma | 10 Replies
September 17, 2009 4:22:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i dont like your 3 example items, but i get the point

im disapointed with all the dammage items in the general shop, and wouldent even consider buying some of them.. so anything that improves them.. bring it ON!!!

September 17, 2009 9:16:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree up the damage

September 17, 2009 4:36:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dark Wolf I'm open to ideas would you like to post your own items bellow I want to get an idea of what others think. Or modify the ones up there.

And thank you for the support. I am also dissappointed because I like playing oak as a minion buff demigod but since the lack of auto attack support is so bad I'm forced to heatlh stack again and again. Also this would effect minions on any demigods too.

September 19, 2009 10:22:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

too much of a buff to attack items, they just need slight increases, increments of 5-10 damage.

September 19, 2009 3:01:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you think about it this is what it would do. Hitting 100 damage every second causes 100 dps while if you do 125 damage with 1 item than thats 125 dps. How is taking a +10 damage item and adding 5% x2 chance too strong? Saying out of 20 hits you would get 1 critical that does x2 damage that would be like 21 hits of 110 istead of 20 hits of 125 which is stronger? Now add in maybe 5% attack speed and both would be even.

This would make it so offensive items have several ways to increase offense instead of just static attack which would become boring.

September 20, 2009 12:26:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well i did have one idea xavior, its a bit out there, but it might work.. just think of it as a bit like set items in diablo.

ok, well say you buy Gauntlets of brutality.. a bad item by itself, but imagine if you get MOAR damage/effects on your individual item for the more damage items you have

so for example lets combine Gauntlets of Brutality with Gladiator Gloves

gauntlets: +25 damage

and

Gladiator Gloves: +5% a/s, +4 minion damage

these two combined give you jack all. and waste 2 item slots: just 25 dam, 5% attack speed and +4 minion damage

But say if u get +15 dam (gauntlets) and +5attackspeed (gloves) and +2 minion damage(gloves) for every aditional damage item you have.

that would give you +40 damage (25 + 15)  and +10 attackspeed (5%+5%) and +6 minon damage (4+2) not too bad!

and you could make it better.. by adding say.. Gauntlets of Despair - posibly the worst item in the game +350 mana 15% chance to drain 100 mana

But with these 3 combined you get +55 damage (25+15+15) +15% attackspeed (5%+5%+5%) + 8 minion damage (4+2+2) and (say you get +120 mana and  100 mana drain for every item) +590 mana (350+120+120) and 15% chance to drain 300 mana. (100+100+100)

'THATS FRICKIN AMAZING' do i hear your cry?

so theres my idea, hope u like it.

September 20, 2009 4:18:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love that idea. Absolutely love it. Having a few items that increase in strength with every other damage item that you have would work really well. These items would get bonuses by having other items in your inventory that don't get an effect from eachother.

I say start your own thread over this because this would work really well. It would scale very well against health stacking late game but I'm concerned you would still need to health stack early game.

*edit* now you would have to watch it because your idea could very quickly become OP expecially when adding mageslayer into the deal. I say having a few items that get bonuses for the more damage items you get.

Item 1
Has +25 damage for every item

Item 2
Has +5% attack speed for every item

These 2 shouldn't get bonuses form eachother but if you added in a third item

Item 3
+25 damage

These would become good combos

Item 1 and 3 would get +75 damage now. I say you have it like a favor item thing where it's one slot in your inventory and you can have a maximum of 1 item that does this.

September 21, 2009 12:27:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i cant be bothered making a thread.. but feel free to make one about it yourself if u want.

September 21, 2009 4:46:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay then thanks for your contribution.

September 30, 2009 10:36:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice ideas guys, and i think it would be required for my ub builds:)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.