The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

When is the SDK coming? 1.19? or 1.2?

By on September 15, 2009 11:39:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

from the sounds of it, V1.19 is coming pretty soon (woot )  but the question is:

When is the SDK coming out?  V1.19 or V1.2?

+81 Karma | 13 Replies
September 15, 2009 12:51:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pretty sure that will be 1.2 since that poses the most risky stuff that I am sure they are trying to get just right.

September 15, 2009 12:56:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

September 15, 2009 1:10:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pretty sure it'll be 1.2 because of security concerns expressed in prior postings from SD.  Makes sense.  A malicious mod could do a lot of damage, and the blame would fall on SD/GPG.

September 15, 2009 3:52:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Security stuff has to be addressed first.

September 15, 2009 4:17:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

is it possible for a select group of modders to beta test it to identify any possible additional exploits that may still exist?

September 15, 2009 4:36:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol

September 15, 2009 6:12:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Malard999,
is it possible for a select group of modders to beta test it to identify any possible additional exploits that may still exist?

I think the security stuff is supposed to stay internal >.>

September 16, 2009 2:53:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Malard999,
reply 5

how about just the stuff relating to scmap files?  this is the only peice left for me to create working maps (oh and the part about distributing them).  is i could just get a sneak peek at how the scmap files are map then i think i really make some progress.

as for the OP.  yea 1.2 sounds right, though if their only just releasing 1.19 tomorrow (ish) then i'm guessing 1.2 is still a ways off

September 16, 2009 3:02:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think they're trying to release as much stuff as possible as soon as possible, the modding obviously taking longer than expected. I wouldn't say this places 1.2's ETA at several months away, however, if the main focus of 1.2 is going to be the modding tools. Once the other stuff is out of the way, increased attention can be applied to the modding tools and if it's the sole focus of 1.2 it should arrive shortly there after.

Don't worry Alien, you can amaze us all with your ridiciously creativity soon enough!

September 16, 2009 4:15:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheScottishAlien,

how about just the stuff relating to scmap files?  this is the only peice left for me to create working maps (oh and the part about distributing them).  is i could just get a sneak peek at how the scmap files are map then i think i really make some progress.

You do realise that you're going to have to write a "how to guide" for the rest of is don't you?

September 16, 2009 4:33:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Whackhead,
You do realise that you're going to have to write a "how to guide" for the rest of is don't you?

Yeah I'm sure he will for the website.

September 16, 2009 6:08:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, some of the security concerns i've already been raising with SD, dont know if they were known before or not, but many i still am aware are exploitable and wanted to see if they still are.

September 17, 2009 2:27:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, some of the security concerns i've already been raising with SD, dont know if they were known before or not, but many i still am aware are exploitable and wanted to see if they still are.

Just keep providing the pubs with whatever data you find (via pm).  I've reported some and I believe bman has as well. I'm hoping they come up with a decent solution as I've been pretty nervous that when modding goes live, we're going to see alot more problems. 

A side note - if you guys working on mods haven't engaged bman yet, please do so!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.