The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

Demigod builds

By on September 6, 2009 3:05:20 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Greetings!  I’m currently at PAX, getting ready to head back.  New builds have been coming in from GPG. 

Right now, they’re trying to get the replays nailed down.  I also asked about a number of player requests such as Torcher Bearer casting when running (the answer on that is that he’s not intended to be able to do that be design – some people will obviously disagree but there’s the answer).

Some exploits have been addressed that I won’t get into here.  I won’t give an ETA since the build is in internal beta and it’s hard to guestimate how long it will take to eliminate bugs and such in order to make is public.

The mod handling is also pretty advanced in this build but there are some security features that have to be in to help avoid some malicious mods that we’re looking to put in before that goes out.

The two new Demigods look pretty good. The visual quality is absurdly good.  The demon assassin is definitely something that I think will be very useful in a team based game.  I’ll try to get some screenshots up shortly.

It was great being at PAX and meeting many of you. It’s nice to hear a lot of positive feedback on the game since sometimes, reading the forums, you tend to get a…specific demographic of players that aren’t necessarily representative of the wider Demigod player base.

More to come shortly.

+897 Karma | 68 Replies
September 6, 2009 10:32:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's quite enjoyable hanging around a place with a renewed sense of optimism.

September 6, 2009 10:55:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

damn just release it already we can see changes ourself.

September 6, 2009 11:04:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorian!  Stay with us  It would be lovely to have a GPG posting here alongside SD!

September 6, 2009 11:11:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I will continue to post as often as possible and give as many details as I am allowed to. GPG should really have a presence on this forum. Just keep in mind that I am not a community manager or PR person at all, just a lowly content engineer .

September 7, 2009 1:07:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the update, Brad; I really can't wait for the upcoming patch. And super congrats on your new job, Sorian! You totally deserve to be there!

September 7, 2009 1:14:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Sorian - that's awesome!

Dito - congrats, Sorian!  There are quite few people here who will do what we can to make your job easier regarding coding fixes .  We really want to see Demigod succeed and love the game!

September 7, 2009 1:25:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,
I will continue to post as often as possible and give as many details as I am allowed to. GPG should really have a presence on this forum. Just keep in mind that I am not a community manager or PR person at all, just a lowly content engineer .

Ahhh, the lowly engineer.  The most important cog in the machine IMHO.  I am right there with you and loving it.  Just seeing you on this forum has restored some faith in me.

Now as for these new Demigods I say pics or it didn't happen .

September 7, 2009 1:47:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey cool, a GPG poster. So the silence has finally been broken.

Anyway, I'm a little confused about the TB auto-attack thing. It was by design that he can't move while attacking...but a new animation is in the works to allow him to do just that?

Whatever, don't really care so much either way. Good to know the patch is coming along.

September 7, 2009 3:17:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yippie !!  

Sorian is hired by GPG...that are really good news.

Good decision GPG !!!

Grats Sorian !!!

p.s. i guess ur not allowed to make mods anymore for gpg games ? right ? ...because u said "im gonna mod the hell out of that AI"......

cheers..da micro  

September 7, 2009 4:56:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh, I can mod all I like. I just have to put a disclaimer about it not being an official GPG addon or some such.

September 7, 2009 6:34:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very cool indeed. 

Looking forward to the Sorian Turtle AI - Sorian Rush AI - Sorian Tricky AI and last but not least - Sorian ImbaCheating AI

September 7, 2009 8:25:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

MIcro you naab

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

September 7, 2009 10:18:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hope this revives the community a bit. I am still farily new to the game but I am really enjoying it.

Thank you for everything.

September 7, 2009 12:08:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sorian can you tell us a date of patch release for example will patch released on this month?

September 7, 2009 12:15:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Wickedrusher,
sorian can you tell us a date of patch release for example will patch released on this month?

That's like asking Blizzard or Bioware when their games come out =P

September 7, 2009 12:43:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't work for GPG or Stardock but I can at least guarantee it'll be out before 1.3.

September 7, 2009 1:03:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,
I don't work for GPG or Stardock but I can at least guarantee it'll be out before 1.3.

I wouldn't be so sure on that

September 7, 2009 1:29:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Wickedrusher,

When it is done™

September 7, 2009 1:44:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well there's a Blizzard answer if I've ever heard one!

But seriously, props to you all working so hard to satisfy the [fickle, at best] mob that is we gamers!

September 7, 2009 5:36:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,

Quoting Wickedrusher, reply 39sorian can you tell us a date of patch release for example will patch released on this month?
When it is done™

The thing I don't get is why we cant even be given a close estimate.  If I were to ask if it was within this year would you say yes?  If so, then what about within the next 3 months?  The next 1 month?  The next 2 weeks?  I mean, that's the level of detail I wish they would give us .

September 7, 2009 6:25:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Mr11,

Quoting -Sorian-, reply 43
Quoting Wickedrusher, reply 39sorian can you tell us a date of patch release for example will patch released on this month?
When it is done™
The thing I don't get is why we cant even be given a close estimate.  If I were to ask if it was within this year would you say yes?  If so, then what about within the next 3 months?  The next 1 month?  The next 2 weeks?  I mean, that's the level of detail I wish they would give us .

The problem is, even if I had an estimate, things can change. New bugs can be found and then the date changes. When that happens posts are created on the forum crying foul or accusing GPG/SD of continuing to hold the proverbial carrot in front of players faces. Look at the posts after Frogboy's "end of August" estimate had come and gone.

Things happen. Dates change. The best estimate I can give is the patch is coming and will be here as soon as possible.

September 7, 2009 6:26:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hope fire TB gets fire on the move.... otherwise he will never be as good as I want him to be. I can only do so much damage before my opponent desides to retreat.

September 7, 2009 8:22:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep, good stuff.  Sorian joining GPG in an official capacity is great news.  He's the best modder SupCom had, and knows GPG's games inside and out.  Now that he has access from the inside it can only bring good things for future patches.

September 7, 2009 8:41:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ugh, TB Fire not being able to attack while moving is intended? Sadface.

September 7, 2009 10:16:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I also asked about a number of player requests such as Torcher Bearer casting when running (the answer on that is that he’s not intended to be able to do that be design – some people will obviously disagree but there’s the answer)

*sigh*  I sincerely hope that isn't the canned response we can expect to these type of balance problems.  It may have been by design, but that doesn't make it good design.  The Ford Pinto was by design... *bah* what's the use...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.