The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Arrows and Chance effects

By on September 3, 2009 1:11:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For the rook players in the know, which of his attacks cause a chance of item specials being triggered?

He's got auto, arrows, shoulder light tower, treb, and his raised towers.

If the arrows trigger for example, the wyrmskin effect, doesn't that make it an awesome item for him?

+3 Karma | 17 Replies
September 3, 2009 4:58:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi,

Rook´s shoulder upgrades do not trigger any item effect chance.

greets micro

September 3, 2009 5:25:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

However rook's shoulder upgrades do trigger life steal.

September 3, 2009 6:42:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting bane_solemon,
However rook's shoulder upgrades do trigger life steal.
Quoting Microstar,

Hi,

Rook´s shoulder upgrades do not trigger any item effect chance.

greets micro

Yep, that pretty much wraps it up.

September 3, 2009 12:12:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does it trigger BotS?

September 3, 2009 3:03:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Piznit,
Does it trigger BotS?

Yes

September 3, 2009 6:36:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So basically, it triggers things that steal a percentage, or do a percentage, but doesn't trigger anything that has a percentage chance to happen.  Seems relatively sane

September 3, 2009 9:31:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I heard someone say that it triggers the Grophyling (sp?) plate's shield effect. And when my UB partner used it, he certainly seemed to be getting shield vs. the opposing rook a lot. Can anyone confirm this?

September 3, 2009 10:07:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, it'll trigger effects for the opponent a lot.

September 4, 2009 2:33:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mmm. Sounds like time for Journeyman's treads

September 4, 2009 5:51:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, Groffing is a great counter versus a Rook. Excellent HP + Armor and then basically 300 bonus hp every few seconds.

'Course, it's expensive and you're probably better off getting giants...

September 4, 2009 11:26:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If, for whatever reason, your main PITA is Rook, you could try getting Groffling, Platemail, and Journeyman's.

September 4, 2009 12:14:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Armor of Veggeance triggers too, I think. It should slay a arrow rook.

September 4, 2009 1:53:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Legolan,
I heard someone say that it triggers the Grophyling (sp?) plate's shield effect. And when my UB partner used it, he certainly seemed to be getting shield vs. the opposing rook a lot. Can anyone confirm this?

It doesn't trigger. But if it triggers through auto then the arrows get absorbed, filling the screen with lots of green "absorbed".

It just feels like it triggers.

September 4, 2009 4:36:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

honestly, if it triggered either armor of vengeance or groffling, it'd be very obvious.  Considering the number of arrows, groffling would almost be constantly up, and armor of vengeance would kill it very VERY quickly.  Armor of Vengeance doing an additional 350 damage per second or some such (10 arrows? More?) That is a ... hefty bit of extra damage.  Also 1% chance of 300 damage reduction with an additional 10 to 15 chances per second to trigger increases the likelyhood  to a truly amazing height. Without doing the number's, I'd say about 20% chance per second of it triggering, maybe more.

September 5, 2009 5:56:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ntropy,

No, it does NOT. I have tried this, and cried when it didn't. You had no idea how much I wanted to 350 dps after I realized that would be a sic secret-combo to Rook that would result in him dying... 12 arrows per second x 35 damage... But yes, I tested this a few months ago.

However, Groffing DOES work against Rook.

September 6, 2009 2:45:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,

Quoting ntropy,
reply 12

No, it does NOT. I have tried this, and cried when it didn't. You had no idea how much I wanted to 350 dps after I realized that would be a sic secret-combo to Rook that would result in him dying... 12 arrows per second x 35 damage... But yes, I tested this a few months ago.

However, Groffing DOES work against Rook.

Ok, I figured it didn't trigger armor of vengeance, but it does trigger Grophyling? There seems to be a bit of disagreement on that...can anyone confirm either way?

September 7, 2009 9:55:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes. It doesn't trigger.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.