The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Suspicious Desyncers (List)

A little list, to help Stardock.

By on September 2, 2009 3:18:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hhp45: 33 games, 23 desyncs. Just played him, he was about to lose -> desync.

Other players are encouraged to list suspicious desyncers here.

Stardock said they would deal with them appropriately. Let's help them purge the community.

+25 Karma | 3 Replies
September 2, 2009 4:33:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Disconnect is not equal to desync - it's worth looking into, but please don't call someone out and equate 23 disconnects with a guy desyncing all the time.  You counted 1 desync from personal experience.    

That said, reviewing his record and just viewing the loses he has on page 1, every one of them has him disconnecting.  So, we know this guy doesn't typically play out games or rage quits.  Digging a little deeper, you can also see he does quite a few vs computer only games.  He got the game in June and started playing quite a bit in August.  Could he intentionally be desyncing?  Sure.  Is it a little suspicious?  Sure.  Do I think he's intentionally desyncing?  Nope. 

Does anyone here honestly believe that desyncing is ONLY caused by some sort of exploit?  People with high disconnect rates (from what I've seen) have greater odds of desyncing a game than a player without a lot of disconnects.  Pretty much every desync I've encountered happens when a player or 2 leave the game early.  And think about it: the 2 guys most notorious for exploiting host disconnect and now desyncs (belier13 and apika) have extremely low disconnects (<.5%).  So, we have 2 guys who we can absolutely confirm with screenshots, etc, that use an EXPLOIT.  And then we have other people with high disconnect rates and frequently desync.  IMO, what needs to happen is for a patch to go in that will hopefully resolve people who cause desyncs when leaving a game AND for people who are exploiting the system to be banned. 

A thread like this, while a little unpleasant, is useful (though similar to the hall of shame) because we can track repeat offenders as possible and so SD can look into those exploiting.  I don't much care for people who dc all the time and often ruin the experience for others, but I wouldn't think its all that fair to ban them because the game desynced when they left. 

September 2, 2009 5:21:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah Pacov, maybe you're right. Stardock does their data mining of their own, most likely they already have enough info on desync exploiters and will hopefully fix the problem soon. Until then I will still report every desyncer here (which I tell them), perhaps a few ones will stop this way.

September 2, 2009 5:27:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just played a game against Etaywah and two others. We were winning, about to win the game, his two teammates quit, then he says, and I quote: " " and three seconds later there's a critical gamestate. No record of the game, no win earned for me. Awesome. I won't bother reprimanding Etaywah because he obviously already thinks he's pretty cool.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.