The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Sound Degradation In Long Games

By on September 1, 2009 11:55:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I get sound crackles and intermittent sound loss during long games.I have tried using my x-fi card and onboard sound (Realtek),both seem to do the identical thing.Seems to happen when someone is struggling with there sim speed.Does anyone else get this?

+4 Karma | 4 Replies
September 2, 2009 2:10:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What are your sound settings in game set to?  I had a lot of trouble with audio - it was slowing down my very capable PC - until I turned off reverb and lowered it to medium quality.

September 2, 2009 8:20:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

turned off reverb and lowered it to medium quality.

QFT.  This helped me immensely - and one other thing:

I changed my speaker settings to stereo headphone instead of 4.1 surround.  You may have to do this through the Windows Control Panel, "Sounds, Speech & Audio Devices" - change from Quadrophonic to stereo headphone.

September 2, 2009 11:58:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My sound settings are on high with reverb on.I will try the medium quality and shutting reverb off.Thank you very much for the replies!Already have sound set to headphones,so maybe the sound settings will do it for me.Thanks again!

September 3, 2009 1:19:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks fellas that fixed it for me!The reverb seems to be the main culprit.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000032   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.