The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Delete key not functioning between paragraphs

By on September 1, 2009 7:23:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sometimes when typing posts/replies, I'll realize it would make more sense to join two paragraphs into one.  Usually the simplest way for me to do this is go to the end of the first paragraph and hit "Delete" until there are no more spaces between it and the second paragraph. 

However, I just noticed today that I can no longer do that -- when I hit the "Delete" button, nothing happens.  I now have to go the beginning of the second paragraph and hit the "Backspace" key until it joins up with the first one. 

It's obviously not a huge problem overall, but it is a little annoying (not to mention puzzling).  Was there a recent update to the forum software in the last couple days that might've changed something that's preventing me from doing this? 

+9 Karma | 3 Replies
September 1, 2009 7:37:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

working fine for me in ie7 on xp pro sp4 and in vista ultimate sp2 ie8

i have occasionally seen weird stuff when the formatting toolbar doesnt load.  you know its not right when the text you have typed appears in a different font like Courier or something.

September 8, 2009 7:59:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

well because the reply box is based on html line spacing so bascially if you want a new line with no paragraph spacing, you need to press Shift + Enter but if you want a new paragraph, you could just press Enter

September 8, 2009 8:03:35 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Backspace works just fine

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.