The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Problems Connecting Via Strict University Network

By on August 28, 2009 3:17:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeahneil

Join Date 06/2009
+1

So I can run the game fine on my computer and have had no problems playing on any internet connection until I came to a new school this semester with a very strict firewall (strict Christian school).  Stardock support has been no help so please offer any suggestions you can think of.  I called the network administrators and they said that while there are restrictions on the firewall(s), they have opened up the ports for World Of Warcraft and Xbox Live (as well as others I'm sure).  So I guess my question is CAN I PLAY ONLINE SOMEHOW USING THIS INFORMATION AND THE PORTS FROM THESE GAMES?  Every time I try to connect to or Host a custom game (which is all I'm interested in at the moment) I get the "cannot connect to the NAT facilitator message!" 

I have tried to Host and connect to a game unchecking the auto-port feature and using all of the numbered ports from WOW and Xbox Live and that hasnt worked yet.  I wonder if it would work by adding some step I havent thought of yet?  Is the Demigod port selection a TCP or UDP port?  Any and all suggestions are VERY WELCOME and VERY APPRECIATED!!

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2, WOW ports: TCP 1119, 3724. UDP 3724 (voice chat). Xbox Live ports: TCP 80, 3074, 53. UDP 88, 3074, 53

Locked Post 2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 28, 2009 11:29:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod uses UDP ports 6112-6132 by default. They can be reconfigured, but you'd need a continuous range of ports so those few that are already open won't likely cut it.

August 29, 2009 10:52:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks alot!  I actually did get a valid response from stardock too....IMAGAINE THAT!  Said i would need 20 consecutive ports to make the game work and the University system has no more than 5 consective ports on the WHOLE NETWORK!  Ha!  Thanks anyway kryo!!

PS, its not my internet- IM GOOD- question was for a friend of mine im trying to help  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000079   Page Render Time: