The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Uncostly way of implementing Unranked/ranked/pre-made custom games.

By on August 27, 2009 6:35:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wagnard

Join Date 05/2008
+16

I think I have a not too costly way for implementing Ranked / non ranked custom game and some stuff for pre-made

1-Clicking on host game, we see a panel asking for password, game name etc.  Just add a tick box for ranked there.

2- On the game list, Just add a column with (Ranked?)  as title and on the game listed, there will be a YES or NO.

3-For premade, it will depend on impulse reactor possibility. If it is capable of checking that if the people(mostly by their impulse ID) inside the hosted game have played on the same team a few time (lets say played 10 times or more in 20 last played games, you could add a column on the Game list telling like (Possible pre-made?) and a yes or no.

Or simply add in the connection info a number for each player and say somethink like" #1 played a lot with #2"  and "#2 barely played with #5"

Hope it help and get an answer back for keeping me dreaming or stop it right away

I think it wont be costly because those change play  lot with impulse reactor and doesnt imply new sceen in demigod. Its just adding a tickbox to a screen.

Oh and sorry my english is really not good

Locked Post 9 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 27, 2009 7:08:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very reasonable suggestions (and your english is great if it's your 2nd language, so no worries!).

August 27, 2009 7:40:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes second language.

Thanks

August 27, 2009 8:06:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1+2) Good Ideas.

3) For the arranged teams / random teams option, the easiest (and most cheat-free, by renaming your ingame account etc.) way of implemetation would be another tick box and column for "randomized teams".

When activated, this would simply randomize the side that each player is on after the game starts (so the side on which each player was in the game lobby simply does not count). Premades would risk getting in opposite teams and thus not want to join such games. A slight problem would be multiple same Demigods on one side, which should not be forbidden by the randomizer!

The randomizer should be implemented this way:

1. "Start game" is clicked
  2. Put all players on "neutral team"
  3. Choose a random player from neutral team
  4. Put him on the light team
  5. Remove him from neutral team
  6. Repeat (3+4+5) until light team is full (half of all players)
  7. Rest of players go to dark team
  8. Start
August 27, 2009 10:53:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not really

Impulse should check not the name but the Impulse ID.   Change your name but the ID wont change. So no cheats here 

Also I dont think a randomize is good.

Explanation: The connection info is supposed to have the ranking of player incorporated in it. This is usefull to create the most even teams as possible.

If we randomize, it could end up with a lot of good player on 1 side and all the noob in the same team not to mention a team with 2 same demigod (most people seem to hate this).

But still nice try it was a good suggestion.

EDIT: On second tough, I think it could be good to have it. Host can use it or not. It could be usefull

August 27, 2009 10:53:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When activated, this would simply randomize the side that each player is on after the game starts (so the side on which each player was in the game lobby simply does not count). Premades would risk getting in opposite teams and thus not want to join such games. A slight problem would be multiple same Demigods on one side, which should not be forbidden by the randomizer!

Also love this idea.  Hope it gets implemented!

August 27, 2009 11:56:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have a somewhat similar idea to parts 1 and 2 at https://forums.demigodthegame.com/362335/page/3/#2352737

No new screens, just modifications of existing ones. I prefer the team selections to form into one section when doing a random team game just so players know that it is one, without having to jump into the options section.

August 28, 2009 12:36:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for this post, Wagnard.

It'd be cool to here from SD is this would really be a low cost solution and possible to do. 

August 28, 2009 3:39:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good ideas Wagnard!

August 28, 2009 9:56:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you guys. Lets wait for SD official statement on this.

Or if im unlucky (like I always am) SD may not come across this post ...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time: