The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

HorseRadish Erebus Build

(since horn and ring of divine might been removed)

By on August 26, 2009 1:32:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here is what I have been playing with and is quite a lot of fun.

1. Bite 1

2. Coven 1

3. Mist 1

4. Bite 2

5. Batswarm 1

6. Poisoned Blood 1

7. Bite 3

8. Mist 2

9. Save

10. Bite 4 and Poisoned Blood 2

11. Mist 3

12. Mist 4

13. Mass charm 1

14. Save.

15. Bloody Haze 10% dodge and Vampiric Aura

16. Mass charm 2

17. Mass charm 3

18 Mass charm 4

19. Muddle

20. Batswarm 2

Ok here is why I tell you why I build this. Ok I am going for a "You Cant touch this Erebus"

Favor = Pendant of Grace 10% Dodge and 15% minion Dodge

Items

Start with Level 1 priests

next 950  scalemail and banded armour

next 1750 Assassin's footguards 10% Dodge 5% attack speed

next 1750 vlemish faceguard

After that I usually upgrade citadel and Save for Cloak of Elfinkind 12000 gold with +750 armour +20% movement speed +15% dodge and a warp every 20 seconds.

Ok why do this, it is fun seeing that green Evade all over the map as everytime something tries to hit you.

At level 15 I usually have the forementioned

Which gives me a 45% Dodge yep you hit me about half the time.

I have two warps to save me and mist. Along with bite to heal me.

I usually upgrade the banded armour to Narmouths ring.

I usually upgrade Scalemail to Platemail of the crusader.

The last spot open can be used for more armour to tank, or mana more mist, or one of my favorites desperate boots which increases your dodge 20% when under 30% health.

Have fun

Looking to Evade you in an Arena Soon

+12 Karma | 58 Replies
September 7, 2009 3:39:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love this build soo much because the dodge is awesome

But I hate it soo much because it needs mist and I cant stand mist

September 9, 2009 7:59:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, build is nice. I enjoyed chasing someone through towers, that missed at me

September 9, 2009 9:59:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _Golgoth_,
I love this build soo much because the dodge is awesome

But I hate it soo much because it needs mist and I cant stand mist

personally id just get 1 level in mist first to use as a gtfo tool, then start building up charm instead. you lose 10% of of the dodge, but will have more demigod killing power (which i find more useful). if you want you can build up the rest of mist later.

September 10, 2009 11:22:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I believe I have bad news for this build. It looks like Evasion is capped at 30%, which is really stupid tbh.

September 11, 2009 9:34:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

didn't really get advantage from mist or poisoned blood.

mist only useful when you are waiting for bat swarm to cool down

poisoned blood.... only kills your allies or 20 health per second lol

September 11, 2009 9:42:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wrong. entering mist removes all negative buffs.

September 11, 2009 10:25:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So did you play 1v1 with Ranker 2 (Wip)?? I would love to know the result.

Much better if you  record the battle in video lol

September 11, 2009 10:26:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

wrong. entering mist removes all negative buffs.

But you lose about 700 mana until you can get out of the mist, so its just waste.

I mean, Instead of getting mist and mass charm, i would go for 1 conversion and full coven

you know the vampires are the best harrasing minions

And in order to get mist, you need lot of supportive helmets which makes you hard.

If you use just bite and bat swarm build with minions, you can stack at health and dodge as well and only get 1750 helm

September 12, 2009 6:28:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But you lose about 700 mana until you can get out of the mist, so its just waste.

I mean, Instead of getting mist and mass charm, i would go for 1 conversion and full coven

And in order to get mist, you need lot of supportive helmets which makes you hard.

If you use just bite and bat swarm build with minions, you can stack at health and dodge as well and only get 1750 helm

stop being so narrow-minded. you can use mist when you have low mana. havent you ever misted to get out of hammerslam or snipe for lolz?

September 12, 2009 11:18:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

But you lose about 700 mana until you can get out of the mist, so its just waste.

stop being so narrow-minded. you can use mist when you have low mana. havent you ever misted to get out of hammerslam or snipe for lolz?

Exactly. Plus I have escaped ganks multiple times by running into my towers and misting. The opponent doesn't know how much mana I have, and normally just has to retreat.

September 12, 2009 11:25:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

But have you ever died because you were in mist and enemy regulus drop his 6 mines under your foot??

or while you were in mist, 2 extra opponents came towward you and you died becuase you were out of mana to use bat swarm

i think its just useful against noobs

i would rather go for minion build and get batswarm at lv 5, 10, and 15.

September 12, 2009 11:57:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mist is amazing. To hungover to elaborate,

September 12, 2009 6:10:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But have you ever died because you were in mist and enemy regulus drop his 6 mines under your foot??

no

or while you were in mist, 2 extra opponents came towward you and you died becuase you were out of mana to use bat swarm

no

im not a retard, i know how to use mist. clearly you dont.

September 12, 2009 7:51:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Are you sure about the info on the evasion cap? I've been trying this build and I swear with the cloak and desperate boots i evade more than 30% when im nearly dead. I dont want to stack evasion if it's useless . Can anyone else confirm this? Or test it out so I don't think im going crazy? Lol, thanks.

Also, if the cap IS 30%, what equipment would you get instead of the cloak? I was thinking vlemish and assassin boots and the rest as much hp and armor as possible, 30% evade would still be good on someone with lots of hp, no? I'm not really a pro or anything, I'd like to hear what the people with more experience think .

September 12, 2009 10:29:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BuffAffects.lua

Code: c++
  1. #Calculates the buff from all the buffs of the same type the unit has.
  2. #weaponLabel and abilityName are passed in so we can have buffs that only affect certain weapons and certain ability categories.
  3. function BuffCalculate( unit, buffName, affectType, initialVal, initialBool, weaponLabel, abilityName )
  4. ...
  5. end
  7. function Evasion( unit, buffName )
  8.     local val = BuffCalculate(unit, buffName, 'Evasion', 0)
  9.     if val > 30 then
  10.         val = 30
  11.     end
  12.     unit.EvasionChance = val
  13. end

This really looks like it though.

September 13, 2009 12:47:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

actually stacking on evasion is not that a good idea.

Rather stacking on health will grant you more chance to be alive and combo with monk idols.

30% evasion DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOUR DAMAGE TAKEN IS REDUCED BY 30%

September 13, 2009 1:31:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TB_MasteR,
actually stacking on evasion is not that a good idea.

Rather stacking on health will grant you more chance to be alive and combo with monk idols.

30% evasion DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOUR DAMAGE TAKEN IS REDUCED BY 30%

What's the expected value of evasion, then?

September 13, 2009 5:22:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Could be more, could be less.  It all about luck. 

Its all chance, a good chance at 30% but still chance. 

September 13, 2009 6:01:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for taking the time to post the info ntropy

September 13, 2009 6:09:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting tperge,
Could be more, could be less.  It all about luck. 

That's why I asked for the expected value.

September 13, 2009 7:23:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What TB mean is that for many demigod special abilities account for a large chunk of damage. And evasion will not help you there.

September 13, 2009 7:25:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I tried this and... either I am just terrible or I don't know how to use this play style.

September 13, 2009 11:24:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Or because the build doesn't work since there's a cap on evasion Guess the devs also thought evasion stacking would be over powered X D

September 14, 2009 7:53:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This build works and for some reason I think desperate boots allows you to go over 30%

September 14, 2009 9:31:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You need Cloak of Elfinkind to go over 30% dodge. It's 12k aritifact so, imo, it shouldn't even be considered when playing the build

But the build is viable and 30% dodge is a nasty thing when dealing with autoattackers and towers.

Anyway it's useful information, that dodge has 30% cap.

Didn't test it with Desperate boots, just because buying these is maybe the worst way to waste 5k.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000938   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.