The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Another Public Demigod Vent Server

By on August 24, 2009 6:33:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Looking for a ventrilo server to use with Demigod? Well, please feel free to use this public one. The info is easily accessible from the #demigodgame chat channel on Impulse, or if you are on Demigod, SHIFT+TAB for chat to automatically join this room. Once in the chat, type in " !ventrilo " without the " " of course.

The trigger will display to the channel the ventrilo server information. To keep the channel relatively clean of trigger hammering, the trigger is only available once every 10 minutes. Soon as someone types it in, it deactivates and will become active again 10 minutes later, so watch for the info before trying the trigger. If you use the trigger and no information is displayed, it is currently deactivated.

Anyways, enjoy!

+23 Karma | 13 Replies
August 24, 2009 8:27:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for posting this!

August 25, 2009 1:44:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Err... here, I'll be nice for the lazies out there and include a url for it.

ventrilo://chi05.hurricanehost.com:4636/servername=Providedby-animetriviaorg

August 25, 2009 1:58:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How many slots does it have?

j

August 25, 2009 3:18:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It should have enough to start with. Depending how it goes, I may up it if more are required.

September 3, 2009 12:58:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ra\/\/r !!

Just thought I'd mention, the server is running two codecs. Rooms are split between Speex and GSM, so take yer pick. All rooms are marked with which they are set with using.

September 30, 2009 3:35:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Zombie

October 12, 2009 3:25:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This post is a really good answer for every player that is concerned about "Premades", "PuG-stompers" (two different things) and communication.

For the cost of a free download and a couple minutes of set-up you can have instant voice communication with your entire team.  I have used this server a fair amount in the past week or so and I would like to give a big thanks to CalltheVoid for opening it up to everyone. 

You do not need a mic to listen to the team chatter (only if you want to add).

Note - this is NOT a PuG-Stomp-InstaKiller.  If there is a team out there that is only interested in fighting newb/intermediate players Ventrillo will not help a great deal.  Communication is very important but experience goes a long, long way.

However this CAN be a PuG-Stomp-SlowDeath for those that take advantge of it.  If you get into the habit of communicating and continue to watch/learn/play you will build up your own community of PuG's 2.0.

The game would be great if voice chat were built in.  It's not.  This is a very good alternative.  I am still amazed that more people have not taken advantage of this opportunity. 

Here is a post from pacov that has some Vent information and specific server information:
https://forums.demigodthegame.com/365726

Hope to hear more people in-game!

October 22, 2009 5:30:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Closing public access. Demigod just isn't worth the slots anymore.

October 22, 2009 6:19:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CallTheVoid,

October 22, 2009 7:33:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For anyone looking for alternative Vent channels:

NewYork.MaxFrag.net

This Vent is NOT full, or popular. It is rarely used by anyone but me, my friends and my PM occasionally plays on it. I've seen a grand total of about 4 other people on this Vent (that I didn't explicitly invite), since I've started using it about 2, 3 months ago. It's hosted by ed_anger so you can thank him.

I've seen Mauxe on VentBal so hopefully I'll see him up there.

If there is enough interest, I will open a limited-slot Vent server. However, my campus doesn't like us acting as servers so sometimes they take me down at weird times of day fora bout half an hour.

October 22, 2009 7:37:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks hedgie

Edit: What is the password?

October 22, 2009 8:53:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CallTheVoid,

Thanks for offering up the vent while you did!  Hope to catch you again in future!

October 23, 2009 10:42:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, much appreciated for the time we had

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.