The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Abillity to buy new towers.

By on August 22, 2009 11:27:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wagnard

Join Date 05/2008
+16

Just something that I think may be cool.

The ability to buy new towers (at a good price of course )

This could help break the sometime repetitive pathern on some map.

Locked Post 23 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 22, 2009 11:41:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

go more in depth with this idea. Ive got thoughts but i think its completely diff to what ur probably thinking.

August 22, 2009 11:43:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm...that's a pretty cool idea, though I'm not quite sure how you think it should be done...

...if a tower gets destroyed, you have the option of buying a "replacement" that will take the place of the destroyed tower?

...if you have X amount of gold, you can buy a tower and it will appear wherever you select on the map (near your base)?

...if you have X amount of gold, you can buy a tower and it will appear in a predetermined place near your base?

*Predetermined here means that the tower will appear in a certain spot that has already been determined as a "tower slot" for that specific map*

As I said, I'm not quite sure which way you're thinking of having this implemented, but it is a pretty cool idea no matter which way it's done, IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented into the game, either through a patch or through a Mod. The maps have been feeling kinda boring recently, so having new towers being purchased and erected would definitely help to break the monotony.

+1 for a cool idea, though please elaborate more on it.

August 22, 2009 12:00:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

or what about some upgrades like

... upgrade towers with freeze , ennemies standin in a close range  to the tower = -25% attackin speed

... upgrade tower with double shot so they can shoot 2 ennemies at once

... upgarde the range of the tower

the idea is pretty cool to buy a tower and you can place it near your base but i think they have to be expensive so taht a team can not buy 20 towers

August 22, 2009 3:02:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nah, not sure about that. A part of demigod is to protect your towers and make sure they aren't destroyed.

August 22, 2009 3:52:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the idea

I always thought the towers became useless later on no matter how many upgrades and large sums of gold you threw at them

Extending range and multi-shot is something I have been wanting the towers to do for ages.

I also like the idea of replacing old towers or buying new ones in predetermined places

August 22, 2009 3:53:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe if it's a renewable citadel upgrade that gets more expensive each time you click it. Each time it's clicked it will rebuild the last tower that was destroyed and it will cost 200 more to rebuild another one....so you don't just indefinetly rebuild towers.

August 22, 2009 6:23:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well my Idea Originally was to place a tower anywhere you want.

So we can use them when attacking, we can plant 1 just near the ennemy portal or what ever you may think of.

a bit like rook but it will be a Normal map tower.

It could change the gameplay and course of the game.

Im not against restoring our old tower too but building tower everywhere we want (at a balanced cost of course)  can be verry interesting imo. (mostly on cataract)

August 22, 2009 6:27:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Esuzu,
Nah, not sure about that. A part of demigod is to protect your towers and make sure they aren't destroyed.

Indeed you are right . Thats why it should not be easy to buy.

Maybe like an Artifact consumable ??

August 22, 2009 9:39:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wat im thinking is, its not an item you carry around in ur inventory.

- theres an upgrade at citadel, that allows you to buy more towers

- these tower positions will be predetermined (as cypher mentioned) but you can choose which location. Highlighted points on map will appear as to where u can place them when u select this upgrade.

- a maximum of X amount of towers can be built at that specific location. (You hahve to give the opposing team a chance to push through everntually).

also,

Quoting reality86,

... upgrade towers with freeze , ennemies standin in a close range  to the tower = -25% attackin speed

... upgrade tower with double shot so they can shoot 2 ennemies at once

... upgarde the range of the tower

i rlly think tower upgrades would be a nice add on for this game to make it that bit more challenging.

August 22, 2009 11:05:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How about an upgrade to the towers that allows them to shoot further away? I've played a bunch of times and whoever seems to have 1-2 Regulus', can destroy the towers and dominate pretty easily. Add distance to how far the towers can shoot and take away that huge advantage. Or make it a shop item that you can purchase and make the towers be able to shoot further for an extended period of time.

August 23, 2009 12:47:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting wrastler118,
How about an upgrade to the towers that allows them to shoot further away? I've played a bunch of times and whoever seems to have 1-2 Regulus', can destroy the towers and dominate pretty easily. Add distance to how far the towers can shoot and take away that huge advantage.

that will take away the characters uniqueness as it is. Its wat hes built for and i think if u counter it, itll be like breaking the hands of a gaming geek.

August 23, 2009 2:39:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

then make the towers range less then say Sniper's Scope III (which is 6 extra yards).  if an fully range upgraded tower brought just short to say 5 extra years then it means a reglus that wants to tower-pond with no worries for his own HP will have to commit 2 more skill points, but still able to do so. 

personaly i don't see why the tower range isn't already larger then Snipe Scope I... i don't think i've ever played a reg and not spent a mesly single point on the extra range so i can take towers between waves.  if i was playing reg and knew i had to spend at least 2 points to get towers then i'd probably think about putting the point somewhere else unless that was the build i was going for.

but anyway... like the OP, intersting new ideas for this.  an idea would be for the towers to be either a replacement or a new tower. so for example if a tower was destroyed then u could place this item in its place and get back the tower but with say 30% HP (but is permanent untill destroyed).  however if you place it somewhere else like in their bases then it raises with 50% of normal towers max HP but are weaker and have a time limit on them.  just an idea

August 26, 2009 2:36:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If towers are replaceable, the game will take much longer. I think this would get boring when a game  take double amount of time at last.

The better team will destroy tower first. If your unable to protect it, you lose!

August 26, 2009 4:34:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Wagnard,

Quoting Esuzu,
reply 4

Indeed you are right . Thats why it should not be easy to buy.

Maybe like an Artifact consumable ??

I could definetly see an artifcat consumable. I would set the price at like 4k just to be safe and if nobody uses it drop it down to 3k etc...

August 26, 2009 5:52:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe artifact consumable would work... But maybe more expensive than 4k I think. However it should only be possible to put it out on the designated tower spots. If you could place it out on different places it would make Rooks towers... less original.

Still, I think it works better that you have to sacrifice yourselves to defend your towers (or just fight to defend them). They become more important that way.

August 28, 2009 3:43:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

4k is a huge amount of money. Who knows if it would be worth it? I would like to try it out, I mean you could get Nimoth's Ring instead.

August 29, 2009 6:15:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i would go with a cit. upgrade where u get new towers at predetermined spots, with a new upgrade tree, like +5 range etc.(total +5)

August 29, 2009 11:10:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Eh quote button doesn't seem to work for me right now, but
@kurthnaga

Would you still keep the stuff that normally pops up from war rank or would designated-spot citadel-upgrade towers replace those?

October 4, 2009 9:10:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Wogrim,
Eh quote button doesn't seem to work for me right now, but
@kurthnaga

Would you still keep the stuff that normally pops up from war rank or would designated-spot citadel-upgrade towers replace those?

i hadnt really thought about it, but yeah, the damage and health would still be included, just adding range, maybe sight, for that matter, um..... how about armor? towers don't have any actual armor, just hp and hp regen

October 5, 2009 10:37:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i love the idea but i really agree with reality, the ability to upgrade ur towers, becasue they become just a lag effort late game, while they keep enimies at bay, do they honestly help very much. You could like upgrad teh light/darkness tower into a tesla/dark matter tower so that it jumps off of multiple enimies and does more damage each time and the arrow tower will like get the ability to shoot at like 8 enimies and shoot super rapidly.

October 6, 2009 4:58:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

clearly we just need to get them to incorporate Elemental TowerDefense into this game.  They already have the creeps running through... now gimme a golem tower that can wander around and gets stronger every time it kills something.  And Freezing towers to slow those super fast creeps down so my fire towers can destroy them.  YA

October 11, 2009 7:27:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Duuude... Isn't that what Rook is for? Also, doing that would drag out the game. Alot. And probably make things very repetitive, what with towers getting blasted, people getting killed, and then towers getting built again. I vote nay.

October 14, 2009 9:34:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@Seth: Are you seriously asking that question?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000640   Page Render Time: