The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Unable to Connect to Any Games

By on August 21, 2009 11:58:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There are several games up right now in the internet games menu, but i am unable to connect to any of them.  I can only assume everyone else is having same issue because the player count is staying at 1/6, 1/4, etc. for all of them (except a private game with 3 players, but I think it's safe to assume that the other players are AI).

When I click join game, I get the message that says "Connecting to players, please wait...", but the connection info box in the bottom right never displays.

What gives?

+3 Karma | 25 Replies
August 21, 2009 12:05:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

exact same problem.

what gives?

August 21, 2009 1:05:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can't connect to custom or pantheon games at all right now.

August 21, 2009 1:13:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its working again

August 21, 2009 3:03:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i cant see any hosted games atm...

August 21, 2009 3:28:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did they do some lame server side patch?  Cause it seems awfully slower game speed now that its back up. 

August 21, 2009 5:27:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't log in at all.  No error message, it just tosses me into a useless guest account.

August 21, 2009 7:30:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanXuch,
i cant see any hosted games atm...

This is whats happening to me, i am able to log in but not able to see any hosted games or hast one myself. Says something about being unable to connect to server or NAT Facilitator.

August 21, 2009 7:35:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is exactly why people don't want to play Starcraft 2...Centrally located control of the multiplayer system = nobody can play for 1 point of failure.  Its pure idiocy.

August 21, 2009 7:40:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Log onto the forums and refresh your account under "My Account" and then the "Login" tab.  That is, change your name and/or password and change it back.  Worked for me, so hopefully it will for others.

The level of bungling on this title is *almost* laughable.

August 21, 2009 7:47:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's not working.  I get the invalid username and/or password message, which is 100% wrong.....

August 21, 2009 7:57:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I closed Demigod, reopened it, and again got an empty lobby.

Came back to the forums, refreshed my account, tried again, and it worked.

So something (DB or otherwise) is thrashing at Stardock.

August 21, 2009 8:16:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

These guys probably left for the weekend and some of us are just screwed. 

August 21, 2009 8:50:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Unable to connect to an NAT Facilitator. I see no games hosted, and that's what I get when I host a game. I'm also unable to use Pantheon.

Bloody hell guys, it worked a few hours ago!

August 21, 2009 9:04:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No multiplayer custom games showing. "Unable to connect to an NAT Facilitator" error showing if I try to host. I can't even get a LAN game up and running at my buddie's place. Thought it was our connection problem, but apparently not. Anyone still up and running or is this universal?

August 21, 2009 9:22:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I too am seeing no games listed and get the "unable to connect to NAT facilitator" error if I attempt to host.  In addition, after logging in to multiplayer, the bottom left hand side of my screen doesn't show my name.  It just says, "Logged in as " blank.

My friend was experiencing this issue, but it appears to be working for him now.  I figured whatever was the problem must be resolving soon since it works for him, but it has now been over an hour and still no improvement for me.

August 21, 2009 10:04:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm, well hopefully the devs are looking into this... no demigod for me today...

August 21, 2009 10:09:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same here....

Nothing displaying in the lobby, and when I try to host I get a "unable to connecto to Nat facilitator".

There is a message below that which reads "HostGame in CVP Failed".

Spose I'll try the rename thing and see if that helps.

August 21, 2009 10:12:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll be, but changing the name in the forums worked....

At the top of this screen, select My Accout, and then click on the login tab, and change your username.

You can immediately change it back, and now my lobby shows players...

Hope I didn't just reset my stats!

August 21, 2009 10:49:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Now i am f-ing pissed off, i changed my username and it didnt fix my problem but now i cant change my username back. WTF stardock?

August 22, 2009 5:53:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

August 22, 2009 9:29:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It fixed itself on my end!

August 22, 2009 3:00:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was having some troubles just getting into the main lobby, which I was able to fix by resetting my password. After that, I could joing games but the lobby would time out before we could get filled. Now I can't even get that far. I try to join a game, things lag for a minute, and I get this:

Not exactly what I'd call a success...

August 22, 2009 5:30:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ahahaha, I absolutely love that message. It's hilarious

August 22, 2009 9:56:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i am having the same issue with it lagging while loading a bit! then the success comes along!!!

August 22, 2009 10:39:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, a failure so full of fail that it becomes a success... That's a quadrouple negative or something.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.