The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Pacov Requests a Publisher Chat Session for Demigod (and talks in the 3rd Person)

By on August 21, 2009 2:30:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Publishers of Demigod - can we get a moderated publisher chat going once Brad returns from Pax?  I'd hope we can get members of the QA group, Brad, + any forum moderators together for a 60 minute (or less if that's pushing it) discussion regarding Demigod.  Topics would focus on Demigod's present and future.  I request that 30 minutes be decidated to pre-selected questions asked by forum members and an additional 30 minutes decidated to MODERATED questions from the community.  I think that an event might be beneficial to the community, and if we could draw some interest from other sources, perhaps we could increase the communties numbers as well.  I would personally be willing to donate my time to making this happen, so if I can assist, please let me know. 

Sound like something we could do and schedule, SDers?

I'm not sure if we need alot of buy in from the community for SD to do this or not, but if you like my idea, please reply and post your comments.  Thanks!

+171 Karma | 20 Replies
August 21, 2009 2:39:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would be very very good.

August 21, 2009 3:04:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would be very very good.

This.

question i would ask at this event: after the budget of GPG updating demigod for 1 year expires, will there be continuous updates/new content?

August 21, 2009 3:10:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would be great for DG's Future! Hopefully it happens!

August 21, 2009 4:11:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You will have better chances of a white man bein president of the USA

August 21, 2009 5:00:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After the vile that got thrown at Frogboy, I think this community has burnt it's bridges.

August 21, 2009 5:29:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But look there, its Pacov and hes got a hammer and nails and working on building a new one

Good idea, sounds interesting.

August 21, 2009 5:35:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
After the vile that got thrown at Frogboy, I think this community has burnt it's bridges.

Well, you can't condemn everyone for something some people have done. Well, you can but I hope Stardock etc does not. Those who don't appreciate the support Frogboy etc gets us shouldn't be in that chat session.

August 21, 2009 5:45:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think they have better things to do in their work time than schudeled live talking to toxic community. They can answer questions without live meetings, that's what the forum is for.

August 21, 2009 6:13:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Believe me, I'd love to see an open chat with the Publishers about Demigod, however if it were open to the community I can promise you in about 30 seconds the doom sayers would ruin any chance we'd have of an insightful chat.

Perhaps a community FAQ to be put to the Developers/Publishers would be better?

August 21, 2009 7:05:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
Perhaps a community FAQ to be put to the Developers/Publishers would be better?

I think so. They would have time to think about the question/problem, consult with other workers and make some desicions/answers. Not every question can be answered at once.

August 21, 2009 8:25:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

With that in mind there are a number of questions I'd like to have answered by people 'in the know'.

1. Was there a long term feature implementation plan put in place before Demigod shipped (replays, team features, etc.) or was it created based on the input from the community?

3. Apart from the features that have already been confirmed to be 'on their way' are there any additional features that can be confirmed as in the works, or at the very least being talked about? Hints threw clever word use is an acceptable answer.

3. Are Gas Powered Games happy with the direction Demigod is headed?

4. With the Team Features on the horizon, are there any plans at either GPG or SD to push the advertising or promotion of Demigod further?

5. Seeing how Supreme Commander received an expansion pack, of sorts, will we realistically see an expansion pack to Demigod? Any thoughts on whether it will it be a retail release or downloadable content?

6. With the addition of two new Demigods, we see the end of the promised roster additions. Will we see additional Paid Content that were hinted at in some of the posts made by Brad Wardell?

7. Brad Wardell's forum name is Frogboy, does Chris Taylor have one and can you tell us what it is?

8. Despite some mediocre reviews received at release, due in no small part to the connectivity issues, do you believe that Demigod will eventually receive the sequel treatment?

9. What have you learnt as both a Publisher and a Development company from Demigod, both in terms of it's release and the community that is growing around it?

10. Coke or Pepsi?

August 21, 2009 12:05:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also guys if they refuse, dont be angry at them because I dont think any other Publisher may NOT do this.

August 21, 2009 12:21:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Wagnard,
Also guys if they refuse, dont be angry at them because I dont think any other Publisher may do this.

Agreed - no harm in asking. 

August 21, 2009 3:16:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My suggestion would be to someone to set up a monthly question post and then I'll write a journal answering the questions as well as possible.

August 21, 2009 3:53:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agree.

I suggest that you chose this person Frogboy, you must have some people in here in the forum that you know wont ask already answered question and that you trust more than others.

August 21, 2009 3:59:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That would do a lot for the community.  Pacov, want to start the first thread?  I'd suggest the questions wrap up on the 31st, and then Frogboy can answer when he has time.  It would also be great if the thread maker read through the questions and summerized them in the first post, so he doesn't have to scroll through pages and pages of questions.

Some guidelines would be good as well.  Here are my suggestions:

1.  Please state your question in the form of a question.

2.  Only constructive, non-biased questions will be considered.

3.  Do not ask questions previously answered.

4.  Detailed, specific questions will be considered over generic questions. ("Has there been any thought to buffing QoT's minions?" would be considered over "Why is QoT underpowered?")

August 21, 2009 4:00:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
My suggestion would be to someone to set up a monthly question post and then I'll write a journal answering the questions as well as possible.

Sounds great.

Who's going to decide what questions to ask?

Are you willing to sort through the flood of foolish questions so we can get this going Pacov?  I don't see this lasting long if Frogboy has to look through all of the (stuff) that people are going to ask.

August 21, 2009 5:21:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Great iniative Pacov, and great response FB. This looks awsome.

August 21, 2009 5:39:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I figured the publisher chat session probably wouldn't work out, but I thought I'd take a shot... you never know. 

That said, thanks for jumping in and responding so quickly, Brad.  I'm all for your idea and I'm sure we'd all enjoy/appreciate a dev journal that answered some community questions. 

I'll start another thread and sort through the questions/summarize etc this time around so the process on Brad's side is as easy as possible. 

Impossible - I appreciate your suggestions and I think I will run with them.  I like having a cut off date in there as well.  I'll put a post up very soon. 

August 21, 2009 6:05:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.