The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Dual Monitors: Prevent Mouse From Moving Out of Screen

By on August 20, 2009 12:15:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Xymurgy

Join Date 06/2009

I have two monitors on my system (and play the game maximized), and the game minimizes if the mouse moves off the game (onto the other monitor) and I click.  Of course this can be prevented by ensuring the mouse is over the game, but it would be nice to prevent the minimization so I won't have to worry about it.  Simple fix, right?

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 20, 2009 12:21:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the same setup.  play in windowed mode.  the only drawback is that edge scrolling doesn't work.

August 20, 2009 12:29:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the feedback.  Does windowed mode take up the full screen?  I can't check now, and I'm curious.

August 20, 2009 3:02:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You still have the top menu bar and the start menu, depending on how you set it up.  I run in windowed mode with two monitors without an issue.  Just do some tests first and don't resize in mid-game - Demigod is kind of crash happy when it comes to resizing the screen and tabbing to a different window.

August 20, 2009 5:35:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I run dual screen as well and play in windowed mode too. What i do is i use an app called Ultramon. This offers lots of features to those of us with dual screen setups but the one of importance here is it allows you to lock the mouse to the active screen. You can map the command for thet to a hot key, so when you fire up DG hit your hotkeys and the mouse stays on the main screen just like the 2nd monitor was never there.

Personlly i dont use it for DG, i use awsd for movment controll in game and just don't seem to have issue with the mouse. I also don't get any crashes from moving from one screen to another in game either, so it has been less of an issue for me.

Search for it mate..it's a great little app and not very intrusive.

August 21, 2009 10:37:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks, Nielo.  I'll check that out.

August 22, 2009 1:34:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad to be of help mate.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: