The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

INVALID GAMESTATE WTF!!!!!

By on August 18, 2009 11:04:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tperge

Join Date 05/2009
+4

As of late, I have been getting alot of invalid gamestate message boxes in game.  It only happens when im on the winning team, and were are about to win.  It tends to coincide with someone leaveing the game too.

This error ruinins the game, and makes it not record stats.  Obiously people are causing just to piss off the winnin side/avoid a loss. 

I have had this happen for about 80% of the games I should have won this past week, probably 10 or so. 

This is bullshit and needs to be resolved.

Locked Post 67 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 28, 2010 10:06:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^^ the ladder rank system is terrible anyway.  If you knew that you won, then that's victory enough amirite?

May 28, 2010 11:32:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While I understand what you mean, it still stings and if I want to play with some of the top people I need the wins.  I'll never get to see the top people in action if every other damn game is an invalid gamestate.  At the end of the day this shouldn't be an issue because it shouldn't be possible, right Gas Powered Games? O wait I don't think they care.

May 28, 2010 11:55:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can either:

A: Stop playing

B: Keep playing 

Edit: god damn B smiley

May 29, 2010 12:43:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Nightstriker8507,
While I understand what you mean, it still stings and if I want to play with some of the top people I need the wins.  I'll never get to see the top people in action if every other damn game is an invalid gamestate.  At the end of the day this shouldn't be an issue because it shouldn't be possible, right Gas Powered Games? O wait I don't think they care.

Well they're releasing patch 1.3 sometime in the near future which has a fix for the main cause of the invalid gamestate (which is probably what happened in your game).  

January 14, 2011 6:05:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

same with me....

we spend money for you for this BUG`y s..t,

and this problem is more that year and still noone giva a monkey about

January 14, 2011 6:07:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

RAWRRR

btw:

soon ?

look on dates when you wrote that...

and  now  this problem is like epidemia...

February 9, 2011 6:42:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK so here it is.  I had this happened to me dozens of times and i know whats causing it in my case. Everyone who doesnt have the english version might have this bug. Invalid game-state happens when u get an achievement, or yours or ur enemys citadel is about to be destroyed. If this happens everyone else will get invalid. Those games usually dont get registered. Anyway you can fix this by uninstalling ur version and downloading it from net if you still have the cd key. Other option is to search for a fix that will fix ur ingame language bug. cc

February 9, 2011 7:53:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kilingspring,
OK so here it is.  I had this happened to me dozens of times and i know whats causing it in my case. Everyone who doesnt have the english version might have this bug. Invalid game-state happens when u get an achievement, or yours or ur enemys citadel is about to be destroyed. If this happens everyone else will get invalid. Those games usually dont get registered. Anyway you can fix this by uninstalling ur version and downloading it from net if you still have the cd key. Other option is to search for a fix that will fix ur ingame language bug. cc

I appreciate you taking the time to comment, but that's not the case.  There WAS a bug prior to version 1.03 caused by the Russian translation of the game that could trigger an invalid gamestate based on flag control.  That was fixed.  Invalid gamestates are caused by 1) bad connections (somewhat rare) and 2) individuals choosing to exploit.  As long as you are on the latest version of demigod, you should not be experience invalid gamestates caused by portal control.  Players can still cause the exploit (easy signs of this are when their team is about to lose, for instance).  But that said, they can occur from time to time as a result connection issues - so don't just assume because an invalid gamestate occurred that someone intentionally triggered it.  On the good side of things, causing invalid gamestates is one of the things that you can do that could result in your account being banned.  On the bad side of things, there is no full fix to this exploit.  The only real option is to have users that cheat in this manner banned. 

February 9, 2011 8:48:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"I appreciate you taking the time to comment, but that's not the case."

well im telling you that this was the case for me....I had the Hungarian version and after i download the the hot-fix( i think that was the name) i cud get the achievements without getting invalid. I know other ppl who had this problem as well. I dont know if ppl who has other language had this problem, but its definitely a  problem for ppl who has the Hungarian patch. Anyway i have the english version now and i never got invalid since then. That is all "

February 9, 2011 8:50:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i forgot to say that i had the 1.3 patch all along and still got invalid games 80% before i downloaded the english version.

February 9, 2011 10:12:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kilingspring,
i forgot to say that i had the 1.3 patch all along and still got invalid games 80% before i downloaded the english version.

hmm... well that bit of info is interesting... could be the russian language problem was resolved and there is still a problem with the hungarian version.  At any rate, thanks for the post and the extra details. 

December 15, 2011 6:31:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, your "1 and 2" options don't line up when I'm playing local (LAN) with my wife sitting right next to me, as 1.) we're not going to get a better connection than a local wire... and 2.) neither of us are running any exploits on each other...   Here's to hoping there's a simple 3.

December 15, 2011 8:07:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You so know you are trying to cheat to win a game against your wife.  Just admit it. 

But that said, interesting... do you both own the steam or impulse version of the game?  Both on the same version?  Both recently installed?  More details = better help.

December 16, 2011 1:51:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually, just happened to me, her, and a friend of ours on an internet connection too. All shiny new Steam installs. We got ours yesterday, he got his today (and knew nothing about it, nor anything about cheating it).

Our friend and myself are both on Windows 7. My wife is on XP.

On a side note, any idea why she and he would have no problem with the Steam overlay, but mine crashes every time (before the splash) unless I disable it?

December 16, 2011 4:41:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

CCleaner.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Will help you a lot.

December 16, 2011 4:41:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sorry forgot to say the registry cleaner here is the win.

December 16, 2011 2:35:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not really sure what (other than remind me to run my usual cleanup) that was supposed to accomplish, but there is still no overlay support; I know that!

Was that to fix the invalid game state issues? Also, should it be ran against all machines, or just the host?

What was the particular issue that brought you to that conclusion? (Is there some other issue on the forums that you can link me to that talks about a bad registry entry or the like?)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000485   Page Render Time: