The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

INVALID GAMESTATE WTF!!!!!

By on August 18, 2009 11:04:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tperge

Join Date 05/2009
+4

As of late, I have been getting alot of invalid gamestate message boxes in game.  It only happens when im on the winning team, and were are about to win.  It tends to coincide with someone leaveing the game too.

This error ruinins the game, and makes it not record stats.  Obiously people are causing just to piss off the winnin side/avoid a loss. 

I have had this happen for about 80% of the games I should have won this past week, probably 10 or so. 

This is bullshit and needs to be resolved.

Locked Post 67 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 12, 2009 8:15:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, have had this happen plenty to me, though I doubt people are triggering this bug on purpose because I've had desyncs with new and experienced players, so unless there is a secret desync cult, I say its coincidental.

September 12, 2009 7:52:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's your "good" (hahahahaha) players doing it, ie, sicko 64, or what the fuck ever he calls himself.  Wonder how you guys got those nice w/l records...

September 13, 2009 5:12:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting dumpweed,
It's your "good" (hahahahaha) players doing it, ie, sicko 64, or what the fuck ever he calls himself.  Wonder how you guys got those nice w/l records...

What? who are you talking to specifically?  Sicko?, I dont see him having a post here.

September 15, 2009 9:46:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please add VaniRex to the investigation list... he purposely Dysnced a game today... Thx

Def

September 27, 2009 7:11:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/361525/#2386966

September 29, 2009 4:19:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had one of these today, don't know if it is intentional or not, but as we begin to push the other team and they start to die, one of the players left and we got an invalid gamestate error.

I took a picture of it:

Invalid Gamestate

I think the player who disconected was dentop, and here is the game:

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/993015/player/82288/

Not that i care that much about my stats, but this is happening way too much, i'de like to finish a game sometime when I'm winning.

Cheers.

December 19, 2009 2:34:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I now have 10 wins, 20 losses and about fifteen Incompletes/NAs in my games this Epoch. Why do you think those Incompletes/NAs are there?

December 28, 2009 12:08:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just wanted to confirm that this happened to me as well, with the same lameness in that we were winning the game, and some fellow had just ragequit the other team. Didn't catch his name, and Impulse doesn't have a 'recently played with' feature like Steam does.

In summary:

1) Stop letting people hack your games (may be impossible due to peer2peer)

2) Copy all the functionality of Steam, it's awesome.

December 28, 2009 9:44:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Finally starting to get tired enough to quit over this crap.  Since Xmas Eve I've played about 2 dozen games:  8+ invalids, 3 incompletes, 3 wins show as losses.......

December 28, 2009 3:15:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think its pointless to even complain. SD doesn't care enough to fix even the smallest of problems with the game. Why would they care to fix this issue as well?

December 29, 2009 5:28:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This thread has just put me off buying the game, otherwise it looks quite cute.

December 29, 2009 8:29:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good. The more money it costs them, the more likely they are to fix it.

January 3, 2010 5:02:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This happened again to me today, had about 5 games in the last week stolen... very frustrating having a hard won game taken away...

Lets get these people banned.. and the game fixed...

January 3, 2010 5:21:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They've all made their money and we're the suckers who bought it. Like I said, I doubt we will ever see a good update for this game in our lifetime.

January 3, 2010 7:43:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wrastler, go die in a fire.

January 12, 2010 9:10:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My newest Invalid Gamestate ended up giving the win to the guy who left after 6 minutes...

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1201941/player/21296/

I'm gonna take a break from Demigod until this is resolved. Haven't played Guild Wars in a while...

January 18, 2010 5:42:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here is another gamestate error and I know who did it. It was Kiranfoxdemon. For those that don't know yes it is forced and the way you do it is by using a program. I can't remember what it is called unfortunately but did hear people talking about it one day, basically what you do is while you are in the game you alt tab get into the program and then change values such as health,money, etc.. to values that are impossible like a million, this causes a gamestate error and ends the game.

The Easiest way to catch them is watch the replay (it will be called last game) go to where to problem occurs, look for the enemy teammate that is NOT MOVING, this means he has alt tabbed and is running the program.

Here is my replay where it just happened.

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=107640

January 22, 2010 4:49:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK it happened to me right now too. Well, it's not the first time. It comes out every fucking time i try to host a game. I'm starting to think it happens because i'm not doing something needed in connection settings before hosting a game. It's true too it happens everytime when my side is going to win and that is why it's easy to think someone from the loosing side force disconnect the host. But i just think when u join a game u should be sure the host has the right settings for connection. Is here someone who can help me to know which are the right connection settings to host or who can redirect me to the right thread? If i find the proper connection settings, host a game and it won't happen again, it probably means the invalid gamestate error comes out because of me. Thank you.

February 3, 2010 4:49:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just happpened to me AGAIN and I think I remeber noticing someone not moving in game.  I thought it was funny he was allowing me to kill him then he tried last second but too late I killed him.  I'll try to check the replay because this is just shitty that people do that.

February 15, 2010 9:57:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

boo same, first invalid since the patch, I believe, was today after a long game, when it was obvious we would win.. and i wanted the win cause it was ub reg sed vs holly trinity which i presonally thought we'd loose:D  but point is that shit is coming back?  would suck.

March 2, 2010 4:28:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

just happend to me, the host was netzdrone althought i don't suspect him.

Lack of support from developper will kill this game... too bad.

April 10, 2010 9:17:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wtf, is this not resolved yet (judging from the upper post, i don't play online much)? Stardock, what the hell?

April 16, 2010 2:00:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heres another one. Posted a new thread before I saw this one so i've posted it here as well. Invalid Gamestate just as someone leaves as their Citadel is destroyed. CHEERS.

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=120205

May 28, 2010 9:58:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow just had a 50 minute match, and we had won.  Then person drops and we get an invalid gamestate, I am truly amazed this is possible to do.  Complete wasted 50 minutes of my life only for it not to count. I think I'm done with this game again till this shit is fixed.

May 28, 2010 10:01:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It doesn't matter if it counted. It matters that you enjoyed the game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001688   Page Render Time: