The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Newest Forces of Light exploit

By on August 17, 2009 9:36:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Immediately concede tough match ups and get the dark guys no credit

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/874867/player/29864/

ANY concede in pantheon even first 3 minute conceds should count against the coward and the forces of light / dark that "can't cut it"

+2 Karma | 16 Replies
August 17, 2009 9:58:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The 3 minute rule allows for people to leave a game if they encounter horrible lag or Rage Quit due to an early death. This prevent the statistics from becoming even more warped. I'm not sure you understand how it works, however it's hardly an exploit when it's addition to the game was covered in the patch notes and in a Journal by the CEO of the Publishing company.

August 17, 2009 10:05:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
The 3 minute rule allows for people to leave a game if they encounter horrible lag or Rage Quit due to an early death. This prevent the statistics from becoming even more warped. I'm not sure you understand how it works, however it's hardly an exploit when it's addition to the game was covered in the patch notes and in a Journal by the CEO of the Publishing company.

I understand how they INTEND for the quit to work.. however, its not being utilized this way at all...pop in see the match ups and quit...

Like double reggie v double beast or beast and any other and boom quit...

If they are rage quitting for an early death... that absolutely should count against them.

August 17, 2009 10:36:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lugh,

Quoting ZehDon,
reply 1

I understand how they INTEND for the quit to work.. however, its not being utilized this way at all...pop in see the match ups and quit...

If they are rage quitting for an early death... that absolutely should count against them.

But what about the team mates that didn't quit and are now fighting with an AI = disadvantage???

August 17, 2009 11:44:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For concede to function, the entire team needs to concede. Other wise it's a quit and it does count against them, at least as far as I know. There is a difference between concede and quit.

August 18, 2009 12:21:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Hack78,

Quoting Lugh, reply 2

Quoting ZehDon,
reply 1

But what about the team mates that didn't quit and are now fighting with an AI = disadvantage???

Its a big disadvantage but not insurmountable if you are lucky enough to get one of the competant AI iterations...

August 18, 2009 6:52:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Hack78,

Quoting Lugh, reply 2

Quoting ZehDon,
reply 1

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/874889/player/29864/

Please explaing this one to me as Hasterpwnsyou gave us the "a player has left the game message" mere seconds into the match and the other three humans, played the game out and won it for forces of Dark..

So the game split into two with 3 people and 1 ai in one and one person and 3 ai in the other and viola a win for tower rook roll?

Craziness

August 18, 2009 7:06:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lugh,
http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/874889/player/29864/

Please explaing this one to me as Hasterpwnsyou gave us the "a player has left the game message" mere seconds into the match and the other three humans, played the game out and won it for forces of Dark..

So the game split into two with 3 people and 1 ai in one and one person and 3 ai in the other and viola a win for tower rook roll?

Craziness
That's a problem with the stats. There is nothing inherently wrong with the 3 minute rule.

August 18, 2009 7:52:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky,

Quoting Lugh, reply 6http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/874889/player/29864/

CrazinessThat's a problem with the stats. There is nothing inherently wrong with the 3 minute rule.

There is when people won't play a "bad" match up

August 18, 2009 8:01:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So you actually want the 3 minute rule out again and receive the loss, when someone drops on your team within the first 3 minutes?

August 19, 2009 3:08:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky,
So you actually want the 3 minute rule out again and receive the loss, when someone drops on your team within the first 3 minutes?

would you prefer that the all Regulus team that can't handle the all UB team be able to rage quit in the first 3 minutes endlessly getting a NA result for the dark forces, continue their shenanigans until they get an all QoT/TB  match up?

Or that the all UB team quits because they get the all Generals match up which is horrible for them early?

People won't learn to play better if they aren't learning to play BETTER against their more terrible matchups...

I nearly beat three humans with 2 AI on my team ... I learned that I really needed to emphasize speed much more so I could get across the map to 'cover' for the weakness of my AI teammates...

Had I done that they'd have fed less, I'd have fed more and I could've won the game.. the realization came a touch late though and I lost

August 19, 2009 5:22:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So what about the times when you get into a panth match and you find yourself 3v3 with 3 human opponents and 2 AI team mates, as can be quite often. Just because you were nearly able to win under these circumstances doesnt mean everyone can.

9/10 times that game is going to be a win for the human team. Should that game be played out to it's logical conclusion each and every time?

3 minute rule works fine....there will always be exploiters, no matter what you do.

August 20, 2009 6:37:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Neilo,
So what about the times when you get into a panth match and you find yourself 3v3 with 3 human opponents and 2 AI team mates, as can be quite often. Just because you were nearly able to win under these circumstances doesnt mean everyone can.

9/10 times that game is going to be a win for the human team. Should that game be played out to it's logical conclusion each and every time?

3 minute rule works fine....there will always be exploiters, no matter what you do.

It wouldn't be so bad if the AI was set to nightmare level in Pantheon.. but it doesn't always seem to be that way..

August 20, 2009 6:45:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, not so bad, no. I have often wondered though...why not have AI set to nightmare? Has there been any reasoning given before on this to anyone's knowledge?

August 20, 2009 7:13:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I think it's because it cheats, if I remember correctly.
August 20, 2009 8:07:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Double Reg have no chance against UB, what are you trying to say?

Pantheon is broken anyway, well in combination with 2vs2, since 2vs2 is just getting sedna/oak/erebus/ub as much as you can on your team.

August 20, 2009 5:40:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it's because it cheats, if I remember correctly.

It's still not enough though. I mean most people can win a game 1 v 2 against AI, so cheating or not, use them i say.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.