The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Proccesor upgrade

By on August 16, 2009 4:07:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I recently switched comuters and i went from a good dual core 2.4 GHz proccesor to a Single core 1.7 GHz proccesor and now

I CANT PLAY SINS!!!!!!111 (its a complicated reason for doing this dont ask)

I was just wondering if there was a easy, non expensive way of upgrading my proccesor??  Instead of buying a new mother

board and all.

0 Karma | 3 Replies
August 16, 2009 4:20:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What socket?

August 16, 2009 4:24:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Your motherboard will support other processors.  Check the model number on the manufacturer's web page for info.  Some things to remember: the power supply may limit your choice of replacement processors, ie duo-core may not be an option even if the MOBO supports duo-core if the power supply hasn't got the right connectors and watts; some processors run hot and cooling may become an issue; and not knowing the age of your MOBO, if its older, your only supply of replacement processors might be the used market.

Get info and consider your options.

August 16, 2009 4:25:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thx will do!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.