The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Ladder trouble

By on August 15, 2009 7:33:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When i see our ladder system i feel much dissapointment. Why so? Complaining.

1) To be the one of first 1000 u have to be ecxellent player or play in a team. Good? For teamplayers yes of course. But for a ladder - not much. 90% of top players just gank 29000 others in a team to gain a needed favor.  Favor is not gained by skill but by stupid noobfarming. Its totally unaccettable

2)People who plays all over their time always on the top. Good for them course but there are much other players that play not worse in 50-300 than top 50. They just play RARER. not by 30 games a day just by 15))

3)Games team vs team not needed by teams, they can farm some favor far faster and without risks to lose. Awful

---

My suggestion. To bring more competition for high-ranked teams in the first 1000 i suggest to lower favor for winning bottom-or-middelist players (or give 10 times less favor) and even subtract much of their favor when high-ranked loose. When the weakest team beats the strongest they got plenty of favor and the strong team looses a plenty too. And vice versa if u are a topplayer winning topplayers you will get the same quantity of favor by beating them. But if u beat losers u wont be a topplayer soon just a confident middle even with stats like 90% win . Then, if u wanna be on the top u should have not only to win all over the time but to win the strongest.

I am confident somebody already knows about this. I just suggest an adapt the Elo system used by chess players all over the world. Its quite difficult to understand without any math knowlege, but if u wanna see closer - see there

---

PS Sorry for shortness but its not easy to complain matematically-full ranking system with my poor english fully) I just suggest to adapt it for teamplaying.

0 Karma | 4 Replies
August 15, 2009 9:35:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dont like this ladder-system, too !

August 15, 2009 10:00:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

favor earnt has nothing to do with your ladder rank.

August 15, 2009 10:26:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This laddersystem is crap, we all complaint about it many times, without a result.

We need a ladder where we can see how much points we earn/lose for each game to each player!

The ladder has to be transparent and up to date at least every 5 minutes not every 24 hours!

and it looks like the pantheon ladder is worse than anything else.

Online multiplayer gaming without a working ladder is just a waste of time.

August 15, 2009 12:25:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2 [ShakeNBake]

Oh sorry im wrong about favors. But it is changing nothing. We have a number which defines our rating.. A name of this number is not involving us. expirience points, favors, whiterabbits, anything else...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.