The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Comeback thread

By on August 15, 2009 1:40:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To disprove the idea that comebacks don't happen I present you this thread.

And the latest two comebacks I have had.. Note the second one was a bigger comeback due to my dying more but my teammates finally started pulling together..

pushed back to our own citadel for the better part of the game:

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/865284/player/29864/

And only halted the advance of the enemy right at the tower wall on crucible:

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/864701/player/29864/

+2 Karma | 24 Replies
August 15, 2009 8:52:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To disprove the idea that comebacks don't happen I present you this thread.

And the latest two comebacks I have had.. Note the second one was a bigger comeback due to my dying more but my teammates finally started pulling together..

pushed back to our own citadel for the better part of the game:

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/865284/player/29864/

And only halted the advance of the enemy right at the tower wall on crucible:

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/864701/player/29864/

Today I had an amzing game with a very funny comeback on crucible. They were in fornt of our cit and dominated the whole map. It was a 3vs3. Suddenly we all 3 attacked like hell together with our creeps, and killed all 3 enemy DGs. After this the fight continued - in front of their base.

August 15, 2009 9:41:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The crucible and exile maps are ideal for comebacks.  Don't ever concede these even when you are pushed back to your citadel.  Feed, heal repeat, and you may outstrip the other team in levels and gold, and be able to push them back.

August 15, 2009 5:51:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/358654 

See my reply for the screen shot.

August 15, 2009 6:09:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bump...forums were laggy when i posted I don't think it refreshed.

August 15, 2009 6:16:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
How appropriate: you fight like a cow! ....oh, not that kind of comeback?
August 15, 2009 7:00:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had a small comeback today on cataract.

Teams were fairly even, though we did lose our erebus player about halfway thru. We were 1 lvl higher with our DGs, but 2 WR levels behind. We did manage to hold off their cats until we hit WR 10, and both sides got giants at the same time. For whatever reason, we could not hold our own portals. Every time we attempted, all three of them would scroll in to hold it. We ignored the middle flags that were under their control, and ninja'd one of their portals. I locked it then teleported away to stock up. Of course their sedna went to recap it, so both me and our QoT went back to defend it. The sedna went down and the QoT and I stayed put, building up a small wave of giants.

I started taking down towers. QoT kept me under shield, I was actually able to ignore enemy DGs and hit their citadel defenses then citadel itself. What ensued was a race to knock the cit down as I picked away on theirs while their rook and some giants picked away at ours. We won the race.

August 17, 2009 9:12:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

had a great comeback this evening: 2on2 crucible. my mate and me had chosen random characters and got TB + Sedna -.- the other team had a very strong QoT and lord erebus. standard game settings, conquest.

we got bashed the whole early and midgame, cause they had so damn many skills that prevented us from killing, i.e. shield, batswarm, cloak of night, mulch shamblers etc. the QoT was almost unbeatable. although sedna and i attacked her together, she could easily sustain us both! we were close befor conceding,  cause we couldn´t do anything against them. they pushed us back until they stood with giants in the last corner before our citadell and had the gold mine there already.

we estimated a rough defeat within minutes.

at this point i bought the warpstone to get at least some flags to get gold and warscore. worked well most of the time. almost managed to get their portal this way (to keep their creeps away and buy us some time), but they killed me twice -.- at least we got warrank 10 soon to be able to keep up with their creeps.

i had to manage to get flags with warpstone but kill the creeps too, cause sedna isnt the best creep killer out there

in the late game, as we got higher in level, we focused completely on disrupting their skills. i did frost nova and shatter all the time and sedna got pounce and silence. as we managed to get this into a nice rhythm we were able to come back pretty easyly, because the other team couldn´t do anything anymore ^^.

game took 1 hour and 19 minutes and was one of the best experiences i´ve had with demigod this far never thought we´d made it.

August 17, 2009 9:27:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i remember having a comeback once when i went afk for 15 mins to go have dinner, ryan and someone else(cant remember sorry) held them off while i was gone. i came back at lvl 13 whilst everyone else was 20, i eventually caught up in levels n we finished them off LOL.

August 18, 2009 2:05:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A game of 3vs3 Cataract, on my side, an Erebus, Sedna ( guy choose random demigod) and I playing as Sedna vs Erebus, Torch, and Queen of Thorns. They held the majority of the map and killed our towers quickly. I was able to on occassion sneak in and cap their Gold mine and a portal before being beaten back.

Their side didn't really have any ability to kill us as we would run away in time while they over extended themselves. However, late game they had pushed us all the way to the citadel, took down most of our towers and cap locked both our portals with catapults coming out. The game kept see-sawing back and forth between our portals as we repulsed each wave long enough so that our Citadel could go back to full health from half. Then all three enemy demigods started pounding on our reinforcement flag but in the chaos of all the creeps we blended in and killed each of them one by one in front of our citadel. Pushed back while they were respawning all the way to their portal in time to reach rank 8. We held the flags long enough to quickly advance to giants and it was game over.

August 18, 2009 2:50:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting mikeon314,
A game of 3vs3 Cataract, on my side, an Erebus, Sedna ( guy choose random demigod) and I playing as Sedna vs Erebus, Torch, and Queen of Thorns. They held the majority of the map and killed our towers quickly. I was able to on occassion sneak in and cap their Gold mine and a portal before being beaten back.

Their side didn't really have any ability to kill us as we would run away in time while they over extended themselves. However, late game they had pushed us all the way to the citadel, took down most of our towers and cap locked both our portals with catapults coming out. The game kept see-sawing back and forth between our portals as we repulsed each wave long enough so that our Citadel could go back to full health from half. Then all three enemy demigods started pounding on our reinforcement flag but in the chaos of all the creeps we blended in and killed each of them one by one in front of our citadel. Pushed back while they were respawning all the way to their portal in time to reach rank 8. We held the flags long enough to quickly advance to giants and it was game over.

Reduced 31%Original 1920 x 1144
Reduced 73%Original 800 x 600

Well done! That's a harder map to make a comeback on!

August 18, 2009 12:01:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/876610/player/29864/

This was well done..

I couldn't keep my AI 'teammates' from feeding the other team...

It was the difference maker...

August 21, 2009 11:11:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/884708/player/68073/

Had a wild comeback on Leviathan 4v4 last night.  Opposing team probably had between a 3:2 to 2:1 kill ratio on us and had the side portals on permanent lock-down.  Their minion LE was making things difficult, and the mine Reg wasn't making things easier either.  When they got Giants (and we were over 1k war score away) I figured we were done.

I was finally able to sneak the left-side portals and locked it, and ported back to the citadel to defend (was down to 25% health).  I noticed I had a buttload of money, so I bumped up Structures from level 1 all the way to the top level to buy us more time.  Then I noticed our gold, exp, and pretty much everything else was maxed out.

* I remembered 10 minutes before their Giants took the stage, and things looked rather grim, our UB announced to us, "I'm putting all my gold into the cit."  I had no idea he was that serious.

After a few minutes of camping our citadel, farming their creeps, and actually killing a few of the opposition, we were finally able to break out.  UB had a lock on the right-side portal and we began pushing.

I met three of the enemy DG's in my lane around the +10% damage flag.  Figuring all I can do is slow them down before they return to our citadel and finish it off, I surrounded myself with my creeps and tried to buy my teammates time.  However, clearing out their creeps and pushing back all the other DG's seemed rather easy.  Even the previously mighty LE was backing off me.  I continued on, killing the DG's as I approached their citadel, which must have been at 25% health from my teammates, cats, and giants.

After their cit fell, I realized why I was able to push the 3 enemy DG's back.  I was lvl 19 to their 14.  It took a while, but leveling the cit up like that eventually paid off in spades.  Our team went from being bullied to unstoppable in just a few minutes.

August 23, 2009 4:52:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A week or so ago I had a come back on lev. They had an Oak, Rook and QoT. We had my Reg, a TB and a UB. We got smashed the whole early/mid game, we didn't manage many kills and they had killed a number of our towers and had a few levels up on us. Their rook was smashing parts of our base defenses and getting the side flags. They had around double the kills we had and had a lot of items which helped them smash us back.

They eventually got to our citadel defenses and were almost to the point of hitting the citadel. During their time of pushing our base, we had capped the middle side portals and other flags, to get our war rank finally up to 10 which they had been at some time. The good thing was, they had gone with spending most gold on items, and only had up to angels, we also had angels. After making a snipe kill at our base, I had enough and one guy bought catapults and I got giants, which then I headed up the left hand side, I then managed to snipe the QoT at our base and headed up to their left portal, the giants had spawned and finished off the towers as I got there (most were already down earlier due to my reg using range). I capped and locked the portal at which time the enemy side went into panic and ported back, getting their giants/cata, but our TB got their other portal flag at the same time and we held them till they were crushed.

September 19, 2009 11:20:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The reason why comebacks don't happen too often is because most people do not understand the basics of the game.

If the enemy caps your portal flag.... there's really no point trying to sit back and wait for it to uncap, so you can grab it. A competent team will TP before the lock expires, recap, and repeat. They can do this forever, with nothing you can do about it. Now, you might say "yeah but i can interrupt" which you can. Except I'll fake out to trick you. I'll use my tp, you see my character sitting still trying to cast something and you want to cancel it, I cancel it immediately, due to lag I can cancel my TP faster than you can interrupt, leaving you on cooldown, then I cap your flag . Conversly, a good team will see that the opponent is in your base and there's no point - so now it's time to cap their flags and lock them back. And if they don't understand the basics they will leave your base - retreat - and try to defend their stolen portal - then you get your portal back .

The main thing is this, I've played countless games with pugs, I'll cap both of the enemy portals, my stuff is on cooldown or I ran out, and my allies will not tp and relock. This can cost you the game. I've also played games where my cit is almost dead, someone buys cit health, we grab both of their flags and lock them, enemy leaves our base, we get ours back, and we re-lock theirs until the game is over and we win.

September 19, 2009 11:23:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There should be measures to counter locking, it's almost game breaking. It should be expensive, but doable.

September 19, 2009 11:59:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Make locks more expensive. Should be simple enough. At the current price, and my team is doing well, and we have catas. I have 3 locks and 3 tp's.... at all times. Even if I can't use them all, I can drop one for a friend to use.

Or.... keep them the same price, and make them different items.

1. 1 item is for capping flags.

2. 1 item is for capping portal flags

Now your enemy can only have room for a tp, or a wand of speed, but not both.

or make locks so you can only have 1 at a time, not 3.

Or make portal flags their own type of flag, and you need a favor to lock them. I dunno. but you see my point.... gotta switch it up. $250 to win the game for hands down is silly. But then again, DG is silly.

September 27, 2009 6:20:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&tab=popular&show=details&id=96336

They were winning heavily on kills and they got catas and giants before us =]

September 28, 2009 6:08:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting AmaZinG_HerO,
http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&tab=popular&show=details&id=96336

They were winning heavily on kills and they got catas and giants before us =]

Without watching the replay.... I assume you capped their portals and kept them locked before the enemy could? hehe

September 29, 2009 4:42:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Imho the best Demigod game I ever played. Unbelievable comback. Must watch.

Replay

October 10, 2009 5:41:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shamefull comercial!

Here is a game I played some time ago. We got teamed up with a regulus that went afk for the bigger part of the game and eventually he leaves.

So it is 2v3 most of the game and somehow we manage to turn the game and win! Should be a must watch

October 11, 2009 12:47:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And I forgot to link the replay lol...  Anyway here it is:

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&tab=popular&show=details&id=98070

October 15, 2009 11:57:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=98473

Nice comeback for playing on Cataract, i think we had first 4 deaths on my team, and i was afk for a minute or so after my first death...Was awesome to play in, glad the rest of my team didn't concede when i did ^^

DaBRUM

October 16, 2009 5:14:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so.. decided we'd make a replay for a great comeback.  30 minutes into the game, we're down 10 kills, a collective 9 levels (they were each 3 levels ahead of us), we both had warscore 10, and we have a queen of thorns.  Game over amirite?  Nope.

(p.s. we sucked up the first 30 minutes or so for fun.  Completely intentional).

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=98541

October 16, 2009 5:15:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RAWRRRR,
so.. decided we'd make a replay for a great comeback.  30 minutes into the game, we're down 10 kills, a collective 9 levels (they were each 3 levels ahead of us), we both had warscore 10, and we have a queen of thorns.  Game over amirite?  Nope.

(p.s. we sucked up the first 30 minutes or so for fun.  Completely intentional).

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=98541

OMG I hated this game. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000609   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.