The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

and another great day with demigod...

By on August 14, 2009 7:20:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

3 losses cause of retarded teammates,

a 1on1 i´ve won, but other guy quit after 4min and i got N/A,

than a game where i was waiting hours in lobby to finaly play and than "unhandled exception"...

now a game i would have won: 3min before end: critical game state, game ends in 10sec

WTF?! i cant have fun this way...

fix those damn bugs, please! the game is not playable or enjoyable for almost 50% of the time. no wonder there are this few people left!

and finaly integrate a working matchmaking so i dont have to check the stats of everyone in the game just to get a balanced game. cause if i dont do it, the teams are unbalanced every time.... thats VERY uncomfortable!

+14 Karma | 33 Replies
August 14, 2009 9:20:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/signed

This critical game state and the countdown is just a new piece of this pile of fragments called DG!

It is realy disappointing what they have made since September 2008 as Beta 1a started. When I take a look back how enthusiastic I was during Beta and how much time I invested....

August 14, 2009 10:55:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i really like this game, thats why it makes me sad and angry that the community and fun is falling apart cause of bugs, bugs and bugs...

if they had done it right, there could have been a really great game, with a big community, but look at it now..

August 14, 2009 10:59:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We just had a nice game Invisible. No technical problems and a nice victory. Not sure how balanced it was but it doesn't take much to shift power for a quick victory.

I hear your frustrations but hopefully the good experiences keep you around. Was fun playing with ya!

August 14, 2009 11:17:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah, the last couple of games worked, but there are still way to many games which get screwed and than its no fun.

try to imagine that one: playing over an hour, picking a long-time-strategy, getting bashed all the game and finaly make a nice comeback. you are standing in front of the enemies´s citadelle and get a screen which tells you: "fuck you, you wont win here, nor does anything count into your statistics! this game was a complete waste of time and will end in 10s."

now try to describe your mood.

well, i get very angry. i get even more angry if i got 3 or more games of this kind after another.

maybe those bugs happen only 30% of the time, but they are very frustrating and leave you with a subjective feeling of the game to be 60% bugged.

August 14, 2009 11:51:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, I think there is a conspiracy. The new desync screen only crops up when I am winning

August 14, 2009 2:18:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

woho, the days is not over yet. just had a game that got me just right to my desktop. without an error. nice to have something like this.

2 lobby crashes before.

2 guys crashed at loading.

all different games

endless bugs... thats what i call that.

August 14, 2009 3:10:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh yeah, just another "game ends now, fuck you" message after a long game, which we had won in a couple of minutes.

August 14, 2009 3:27:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh yeah, finaly had a 5on5 together -> unhandled exception

just keeping you posted. watch the time of my posts, maybe it gets obvious how bugged this game is.

August 14, 2009 3:33:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Invisible_XXI,
i really like this game, thats why it makes me sad and angry that the community and fun is falling apart cause of bugs, bugs and bugs...

if they had done it right, there could have been a really great game, with a big community, but look at it now..

Good god. Please check your facts before making stupid statements. There's tons of people in Demigod.

http://www.demigodthegame.com/opengames.asp

August 14, 2009 3:59:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

as if that was never bugged...

i´ve seen many more games and players some months ago. my point of view. if you dont like it...

August 14, 2009 4:39:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,

Quoting Invisible_XXI, reply 2i really like this game, thats why it makes me sad and angry that the community and fun is falling apart cause of bugs, bugs and bugs...

Good god. Please check your facts before making stupid statements. There's tons of people in Demigod.

Check your facts?  I don't know what the statistics are but it feels like Invisible is right:  This game and its community feel like they're dying a slow death.

I don't have the bug problems Invisible does, but there are so many other things going on as well and I just feel they are the reason I'm starting to feel very lonely while waiting to play a game.

August 14, 2009 4:55:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thundercles,

Quoting Polynomial, reply 9
Quoting Invisible_XXI, reply 2i really like this game, thats why it makes me sad and angry that the community and fun is falling apart cause of bugs, bugs and bugs...

Check your facts?  I don't know what the statistics are but it feels like Invisible is right:  This game and its community feel like they're dying a slow death.

I don't have the bug problems Invisible does, but there are so many other things going on as well and I just feel they are the reason I'm starting to feel very lonely while waiting to play a game.

And attitudes like that only make me think you want this game to die a slow and long death. Custom games is where its at.

August 14, 2009 5:47:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

To the OP:

Have you tried running scandisk and defrag on your machine?  Maybe optimized the page file location and size?

Disable firewall and antivirus while playing? Got the latest video card drivers?

Since this last patch, I havae only crashed a couple of times in a week.  I used to crash 3-4 a night.

Sometimes PC health can contribute to application stability.

August 14, 2009 6:56:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

3 losses cause of retarded teammates

your crying because out of ~380 game u lost 3 because of bad players?

try 50 losses because of them

August 14, 2009 7:29:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,

Quoting Thundercles, reply 11
Quoting Polynomial, reply 9

And attitudes like that only make me think you want this game to die a slow and long death. Custom games is where its at.

noone wants that, but if i feel that way i dont need you to blame me for it.

and i hope if the developers see that the actual state is frustrating for players they will fix it.

Quoting MisterHankey,
To the OP:

Have you tried running scandisk and defrag on your machine?  Maybe optimized the page file location and size?

Disable firewall and antivirus while playing? Got the latest video card drivers?

Since this last patch, I havae only crashed a couple of times in a week.  I used to crash 3-4 a night.

Sometimes PC health can contribute to application stability.

my pc is in perfect health and i´ve got nice hardware. couldnt be better. all other games and applications never crash! if nothing else crashes, where do you think the problem is coming from?

but thanks for the help.

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

3 losses cause of retarded teammates
your crying because out of ~380 game u lost 3 because of bad players?

try 50 losses because of them

yeah, i´ve lost more than 3 games, but if you loose 3 games in a row cause of this it just gets very frustrating. you can play as good as you want and you still loose

August 14, 2009 7:40:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,

You sir are a perfect example of a delusional fanboy in denial whom constantly trolls anybody who gives facts about the sad state of a game that your FANATICALY RETARDED about. He didn't make "stupid statments" he just gave insight on his experience with the title inhand.

Tons of people playing demigod? A ton is 2000 pounds and there are only around 2000 logged in (not actively playing) on at any given time. So your statment about TONS of people (tons would be multipule aka 4000 6000 8000) is a stupid statment. Considering a "ton" of people logged in doesn't meen a ton of people activley playing games makes the statment even more futile.

At the moment checking how many "in progress games / open lobbys" reads a total of 55. Lets say all 55 games are 10 player making it 550 players actively playing the game. This title has sold over 18000 copys (aka 9 tons in your perspective). 550 players out of 18000 (9 tons) is 3.0555555555555554%. So at any given time there is an avg of 3%-4% of the people whom purchased the game activley playing it. Thus in my opinion and agreed by many others the player base is miniscule and fading away fast. I doubt that it will ever dissapear anytime soon but it doesnt change the fact that the community is already small and since release has lost a majority of the people whom purchased the title.

August 14, 2009 9:51:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree there's a limited amount of players and games for how many copies of the game have been sold. I really think 1.2 is going to give us a nice boost for a while though.

August 15, 2009 1:31:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Check your facts? I don't know what the statistics are but it feels like Invisible is right: This game and its community feel like they're dying a slow death.

no.thats not true! thats IMPOSSIBLE!!

search your feelings you know it to be true.

NOOOOOOOOOO.

together we can rule the galaxy as father and son.

yea. no. im gonna needa blood test.

August 15, 2009 3:24:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Invisible,

I'm haven't read all of the replies here and am just going on your initial post (I'll venture a guess that the rest of the thread has been people attacking you, you attacking people, and a few people trying to be helpful).  I've had an extremely frustrating time with demigod tonight as well.  Right down to some ass asking me if I'm playing with a premade, me telling him its a premade in the lobby, then him bitching at the game's end for us being a premade.  Prior to that, I had about 8 crashed lobbies... some that were full only to have my screen go gray and not be able to launch, others just bugged out... one that people were disconnected from 1 by one, only to reconnect, us finally be ready to launch, and for my game to crash.  I'm all for letting off some steam as well.  Tonights been infuriating for me, but I'm quite thankful that not every night is like this.  If that was all I experienced, I wouldn't still be playing... and I doubt you would be, too. 

August 15, 2009 5:17:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@pacov: thats true. you should´ve read my others posts as i constantly posted new bugs of this day (didnt assault anyone, too^^)

as i said later: "maybe those bugs happen only 30% of the time, but they are very frustrating and leave you with a subjective feeling of the game to be 60% bugged."

yesterday i had the feeling of 80% bugged.if you play with more players, its getting even worse, cause everyone has a "chance" to get an unhandled exception or any other bug

lobby bugs are the one thing. they are annoying, but its much more frustrating if you fight 1,5 hour matches, finaly make a comeback and than get fucked by the game. i think this is the worst. waste of time + no satisfaction of a win.

well yesterday it was really hard to even get a game going. lobby crashing a lot, unhandled exceptions and finaly in game: lag, lag, lag or its playable, but after an hour the game just closes or desynch...

i would go that far, that max. 25% of the games i´ve played so far (all together) ran straight! meaning no lobby-bugs, no disconnect, no lag.

i know, lag isnt the fault of the game alone, BUT however this p2p netcode seems to be worse than standard server networking... never had this kind of lags in ANY other game

August 16, 2009 3:42:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fair enough, Invisible.

My day today was MUCH better than what I had yesterday (though my last 2 games ended in desyncs).  Still, I'm very happy not to have to deal with as much crap this time around. 

August 16, 2009 4:07:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

3 losses cause of retarded teammates,

a 1on1 i´ve won, but other guy quit after 4min and i got N/A,

than a game where i was waiting hours in lobby to finaly play and than "unhandled exception"...

now a game i would have won: 3min before end: critical game state, game ends in 10sec

WTF?! i cant have fun this way...

fix those damn bugs, please! the game is not playable or enjoyable for almost 50% of the time. no wonder there are this few people left!

and finaly integrate a working matchmaking so i dont have to check the stats of everyone in the game just to get a balanced game. cause if i dont do it, the teams are unbalanced every time.... thats VERY uncomfortable!

Some things to say about you're crashes from my own experience with Demigod.

I've realise when checking stats on players while in the lobby games tend to crash
lot more (also ingame while playing not only on lobby) so i've
stopped to check stats - ofcourse there is a price for that, playing with inexperienced
players sometimes despite game's title is exp, good or pro players.

HD sound drivers also cause this game to crash so i've disabled sound
acceleration + on Demigod sound options - "Audio fidelity" i ve change to medium
which making (for me) less sound problems that sometimes crash the game.

Last thing is that i can play somtimes 3 to 4 days without any crashes and 1 day with 50%
crashing games so you'll depend on luck sometimes.

August 16, 2009 5:56:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
August 16, 2009 7:16:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sevenix,
http://dgstats.insidesupcom.de/

nice site. very disappointing stats. only 350 max ppl playing games out of 18000 or more sales?

August 16, 2009 7:24:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hell yeah, today is going to be a great day, too!

first game: my mate´s demigod closes 1min before the end, he gets a loss, although we have won...

second game: 3seconds before the win, i get disconnected from the game?! getting a loss...

third game: 4on4, i get in the game ALONE. everyone else´s game crashed.

3 out of 4 fucking bugged today, SO FAR... i keep you posted.

(our internet connections are running fine!)

hell, i hate it, when my stats get screwed by this shit!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.