The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Sigil not working how it's supposed to.

By on August 13, 2009 2:57:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Busdude

Join Date 08/2008
+3

Sigil should double your current health, not add half your max health to it, just played a game with a UB who stacked the shit out of health, and used sigils right before he was about to die, and got several kills from it, since his health went up to like 4000 which was enough to get a kill against the pursuing demigod, who was being shot down by his teammate reg.

Don't say some bullshit like you can use it too, so what if I can, it's still OP, I wasn't playing a health stackin build at the time anyway.

From 500 to 4000 in an instant is total bullshit, he should have gotten up to 750, that's how it's supposed to work.

Not to mention the recharge is shorter then the duration, so if they stack, you can get a ridiculous amount of health.

Using sigils allowed him to play recklessly and wreak havoc on our towers which screwed us over. We did kill him like 4 times but that should have been like 8, we lost cuz our Erebus dc.

Locked Post 27 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 13, 2009 3:03:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is working exactly as the tooltip describes.

August 13, 2009 3:10:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its quite costly too.

August 13, 2009 3:16:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yea so what you pay 500g and get like 1500g from it due to a bullshit kill, so what?

Wtf are you talkin about shakenbake, where the hell in the tooltip does it say that it adds half of your total max health to your current health. The tooltip says "Temporarily increase Maximum health by 50% for 20 seconds.", in fact that doesn't even mention any change  to current health at all, so if it did what the description says, your max health would increase by 50% but your current would see no change at all.

Logically, it should be more effective with the more health you have, not add 4k to what you have because your max health is 8k. If your max health is increased by 50%, your current health should be increased by 50% too.

EDIT: corrected post

August 13, 2009 3:37:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sigils are great!

The whole HP addition in this game is kind of weird. A fun little trick to play at the start is to go into a fight with no favour. Get low on health then punch the BoTF, can be a nasty little surprise.

August 13, 2009 3:41:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Busdude,
yea so what you pay 500g and get like 1500g from it due to a bullshit kill, so what?

What the fuck are you talkin about shakenbake, where the hell in the tooltip does it say that it adds half of your total max health to your current health. The tooltip says "Temporarily increase Maximum health by 50% for 20 seconds.", in fact that doesn't even mention any change  to current health at all, so if it did what the description says, your max health would double but your current would see no change at all.

Logically, it should be more effective with the more health you have, not add 4k to what you have because your max health is 8k. If your max health is doubled, your current health should be doubled too.

Stupid trolls...

Ok, I'm not quite clear on how sigil works, could you explain it to me? When you activate it, what does it use as the basis for the increase in current hp? I've never gotten a good explanation on how the sigil works.

August 13, 2009 3:41:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes, it doesn't outright say that it adds the full bonus amount to your current health but I don't get why you're saying it's 'supposed' to double your current health, either.  Nothing's getting doubled according to the tooltip.

*edit for explanation - When you use the sigil, it adds 50% to your max hp and whatever you got as a bonus also gets added to your current HP.  If you have 8000 as a max, for example, you'll have 12,000 max after the sigil and you'll immediately gain 4000 to your current hp.

August 13, 2009 4:25:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

NERF!  Seriously though.  in your example of 8k HP, let's say he's getting beat on and down to 2k.

IMO, you should only gain 1k, not 4k.  That would be if I coded it.  I would then drop the cost down 45%.

There is a difference between "working as intended" and "coded as intended".

This is "coded as intended" with unintended results.

August 13, 2009 4:25:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey,

If sigil is active do the priests minions heal you for the sigil % as well?

j

August 13, 2009 4:36:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sakhari,
Yes, it doesn't outright say that it adds the full bonus amount to your current health but I don't get why you're saying it's 'supposed' to double your current health, either.  Nothing's getting doubled according to the tooltip.

*edit for explanation - When you use the sigil, it adds 50% to your max hp and whatever you got as a bonus also gets added to your current HP.  If you have 8000 as a max, for example, you'll have 12,000 max after the sigil and you'll immediately gain 4000 to your current hp.

Dang, that's nice. I get what you're saying. So, when it adds 50% to max hp, it heals you for that 50% hp? In essence, it heals you for 50% of max hp (max hp increase aside, just looking at the current hp boost)? So just to clarify, if I have 4k max hp, and 2k current hp, and I used a sigil, my max hp would be 6k, and my current hp would be 4k? Until now I had been under the impression that it would have risen to 3k (50% rise off of current hp). Thanks for the clarification.

jongalt26:

While I'm not certain, I heard that priests' heal for the new sigil %, which only makes it better.

August 13, 2009 5:55:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also it's not a true heal, you do lose that HP when the effect expires, though with a20 second duration there's a good chance it won't matter.

August 13, 2009 6:17:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

busdude stop whining. If you see the UB using it why arent you anticipating/countering it. Its pretty much the same as an healing pot. 

August 13, 2009 7:26:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
busdude stop whining. If you see the UB using it why arent you anticipating/countering it. Its pretty much the same as an healing pot. 

An instant heal 4000hp potion -.-

Really the only thing you can do in that situation is run away and wait until the effect is over.

August 13, 2009 8:34:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree that both the current effect is 'wrong' and busdude's way is 'wrong' too, as neither does what the tooltip says. To be fair, I can't work out what the tooltip says at all. They need to re-evaluate what they want the item to do, code it so it does just that, and adjust the tooltip to clearly describe it. Even if it works as intended, they still need to clearify the tooltip.

August 13, 2009 10:01:01 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The tooltip is fine. This item grants you a temporary 50% boost to your max health and, just like every other max health buff in the game, it also adds that boost to your current health. This is pretty much the way max health boosts have worked in every other game I have played.

August 13, 2009 10:18:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,
and, just like every other max health buff in the game, it also adds that boost to your current health.

Yes but it doesn't say that in the tooltip, now does it? So how can you say the tooltip is fine. Maybe you understand how it works, that doesn't mean the tooltip is fine. Apparantly it causes confusion to others.

August 13, 2009 11:03:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Technically the tooltip ONLY states it increases you max. It does NOT say anything about increasing the amount of health you have. As such it implies it has temporarily increased the max HP available to you IF you can fill it up...

August 13, 2009 11:17:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Correcting my description, I meant to say that it's supposed to increase it by 50%, not double, so current health should see be increased the same as the max health percentage-wise.

August 13, 2009 11:33:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What would be the benefit of a max health boost that lasts a temporary time if you have to cast it at the heal crystal or use a large pot to get a benefit? The implication that it does what it does should be obvious.

August 14, 2009 12:08:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kitkun,
What would be the benefit of a max health boost that lasts a temporary time if you have to cast it at the heal crystal or use a large pot to get a benefit? The implication that it does what it does should be obvious.

So very true Love ya!

August 14, 2009 2:46:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sigils are EXPENSIVE if the UB can keep affording them than the game must be not in your favor. Although I run sigil all the time on my beast but I usually have kills. It is balanced imo with the cost and if theres a reg on the other team with tracking bug when sigil wears off GG to the Sigil user.

Its just like any other part of this game. Learn to adapt to what ur opponent is doing. For instance a sedna I was facing started to use Silence while fighting me so Sigil effectively became dead weight, she killed me once because I could not activate sigil with Silence active.

August 14, 2009 2:56:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG, Reg is OP, Oak is OP, Sedna is OP, Erubus is OP, Sigil is OP, Vlemish is OP, Premades are OP... Lol, what's not OP in the game?

The answer is:

1) stop whining;

2) l2p.

P.S. Sorry, but tired of that buddies whining about something that killed them.

P.P.S. Oops I've forgot, BotF is also OP.

August 14, 2009 5:06:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorian is right. HP flags increase maximum and current health, items used to increase max and current health until just last patch, and that was only changed because it was being exploited.

The intended functionality in this game when your max health increases is for current health to increase too. The item isn't broken or bugged.

If you just feel it's too powerful and that it needs to be nerfed, then say so. That can be a productive conversation, but the one the OP started is inaccurate.

August 14, 2009 9:48:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kitkun,

The benefit would be that a demigod with 8k health could use the sigil, have a Sedna heal him up (yes I know this part is vital to the item being useful but still it's useful) and charge into 2 enemy demigods with 12k health. By the time one enemy demigod is down he may lose the extra 4k health but still have 8k health left to beat the second demigod with. This is ofcourse all assuming the enemies aren't skilled enough to counter.

The implication of what it does might be obvious, but the tooltip should be even more obvious than everything else. That's what a tooltip is for. If you simply go by "well it's obvious so tooltip is fine" then you might aswell remove every damn tooltip in the game alltogether. It's broken, fix it! The fact that it doesn't bother you personally (it doesn't bother me personally either) is not an excuse to not fix it.

August 14, 2009 10:59:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Instead of fixing the sigil making it not heal they should add to the tooltip that it also heals for the 50% max hp you have. Solved. 

Seriously, ive encountered so much sigils its hardly an annoyance these days. I use them myself too. Quite a nasty surprise as you think you got that rook in his tower farm and blam, 3k extra hp. Screwed.

Plus to the poster above, if that UB charging headlong into 2 demis he will NOT come out after seconds with his original 8k max hp. Even if they manage to get 1000 hp off of him he would end up with 7k health when the sigil is done. (not counting in hp/s etc.). The same number that is added will be distracted when the effect is over.

August 14, 2009 2:47:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting -Sorian-,
The tooltip is fine. This item grants you a temporary 50% boost to your max health and, just like every other max health buff in the game, it also adds that boost to your current health. This is pretty much the way max health boosts have worked in every other game I have played.

Came to say this.  Sigil is working as intended and is in line with the other health extending mechanics.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000844   Page Render Time: