The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Suggestion] Lord Erebus - Poisoned Blood Change

By on August 13, 2009 6:05:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I noticed in the changes list for the upcoming patch that LE's ability to drink his own potion, thus killing himself, was being removed. Coupled with the fact that one of the loading Tips reads something like "Lord Erebus has the last laugh when his potion kills his killer" and I thought perhaps altering the ability slightly might help it be more useful or meet it's intended purpose.

Instead of the potion dropping and anyone being able to pick it up, perhaps the first level would only be visible to the person directly responsible for killing Lord Erebus. In the case of being killed by the creeps, then no potion would drop.
The second level would 'reveal' the potion to the entire enemy team, however the potion would never be visible to your team mates and thus your unable to damage them, or allow them to commit suicide, s to speak.
I'm also unsure as to how the potion responds to use of the goggles, however I think the goggles should reveal the potion as being poisoned to provide an effective method of counting it. This would ensure that the potion is really only doing what it was intended to do.

Just a thought.

+115 Karma | 11 Replies
August 13, 2009 6:48:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sounds alright. but i think it should heal team mates and dmg opponents. this skill practicaly relies on ur dead so i think thats fair.

August 13, 2009 7:08:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds ok but I think I prefer how it is today. It shouldn't harm your allies though, it should juts damage enemies.

August 13, 2009 9:23:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the goggles should reveal the potion as being poisoned

The goggles should also make you a cup of tea, and end world hunger. It's the only way they'll ever be chosen in an actual game.

August 13, 2009 12:43:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only reason to put points into poison blood is when you're getting Vamp Aura.  I think it should Poison the Blood of the enemy you kill instead so you're not rewarding death? I don't tend to die much as ereb, so it's only for the aura pre-reqs.

August 13, 2009 12:56:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chemdude8,
The only reason to put points into poison blood is when you're getting Vamp Aura.  I think it should Poison the Blood of the enemy you kill instead so you're not rewarding death? I don't tend to die much as ereb, so it's only for the aura pre-reqs.

L1 Poisonout Blood +15 HP per second

L2 Poisonous Blood +20 HP per second

Those are 2 other beautiful reasons to get poisonous blood.

In regards to poison'd health pots... the burden is on Erebus to tell his team that's picked up poisonous blood and to point out poisonous pots on the battlefield.

August 16, 2009 7:05:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Goggles revealing the potion seems like a good idea, not that anyone would use them anyway.  Also based on the skill description the poisoned blood "gains the ability to heal him and poison others" so really he should still gain health when picking up his own potion.

August 16, 2009 7:55:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In regards to poison'd health pots... the burden is on Erebus to tell his team that's picked up poisonous blood and to point out poisonous pots on the battlefield.

QED 

August 18, 2009 10:16:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Chemdude8,

You have a great point here. Rewarding death is a weird. 

August 19, 2009 12:50:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

L1 Poisonout Blood +15 HP per second

L2 Poisonous Blood +20 HP per second

Esuzu

Read the description of poisonous blood please.  Dropping poison pots is not the only thing that poisonous blood does...

+15 and +20 Health PER SECOND is HUGE for erebus, especially with Bite and Preists.  Can someone say constant HP influx?!

August 19, 2009 3:18:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i dunno .. but i think its penalty is much greater than its benefit (if ur a constant dyer that is).

its just stupid that it would dmg allies anyway. sedna gets heal per second and speed with one of her skills and theres no negative side to that. so imo, it should be changed to benefit allies also and dmg enemies

August 29, 2009 6:24:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i agree that it shouldnt hurt ur allies, but the hp regen is still great

its worth getting, especially when everyone knows u have it (ur allies)

my response is to never drink pots when an erebus is the match

also, there is a tooltip error that should be removed

at lvl 20, when every1 drops rejuv., it says hp 3k

thats a HUGE sign post that needs to be fixed

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.