The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Lord Erebus.

By on August 12, 2009 3:26:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Needs a nerf. I don't care how. But he needs one.

Pretty much all the games I have played recently have had at least one Erebus in, and I don't know what the hell is going on because I never had problems with them before, but at the moment with max minions, max bite, 1 point in swarm and 1 point in stun there is NOTHING you can do against it. It totally owns from level 2 until the game finishes and you simply cannot touch him.

I CAN'T EVEN MAKE THEM LOSE ANY HP, AND THE DPS THEY HAVE IS INSANE.

/rage

+7 Karma | 192 Replies
August 26, 2009 9:15:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting wraid,

Quoting Pod808, reply 99
I do agree though that certain demigods can handle/push erebus pretty good. Ooze UB for example. Mine Erebus. TB. However, its nigh impossible to kill a good erebus. Especially those clever ones with the cloak that lets you warp. Batswarm + Warp = Win... peterdumptruck...

It'll be interesting to see what happens with erebus if anything.
I think you mean a mine REGULUS not Erebus . But anyway, all the guys you listed will push him off the lane at most. A good erebus will never allow himself to get killed as he can just batswarm away. The only way to kill him is to ninja gank him somehow and chain stuns. Ooze UB wont kill him either because any player in his right mind (except tower rook) won't even attempt to attack it without some sort of ganking in mind.

But what if you don't KNOW its ooze UB because the other guy is all crafty and spitting on you a lot

August 26, 2009 9:58:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Then it means that he is such an awsome player that he diserves to own you .

August 29, 2009 4:32:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think there no need to kill an erebus all over the time u just need to push him out of your flags to win... i`ve got about 15-20 duels ub-ere and all of them are though.. but i won most of them ub deals just an enormous damage when spits-oozes-grasps at the same time.. u can spit to opponent when he is about to fly away... but this not working all the times. Using 1-2 pots in melee u can overpower erebus, kill his creeps by ooze and he have to deal damage only by autoattack and bites... autoattack is slowed by ooze, bite drans lot of mana... if he bite u too many times he`ll have no mana for flight..

---

Fighting with priests is unnecessary and foolish... When u loose hp he looses only time to get new ones... mana cost is minimal and no counting.

August 30, 2009 4:44:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

from my experience, erebus in a 3v3 on cataract is very hard to fight.  bite + minions = bout enough time to run away if u have a sigil+movement speed.  when hes low, they bite for health then swarm away then have their priest sitting behind him heal him.  all the while minions are chomping away at u.  i think the number of minions an erebus can have should decrease to about 60-70%.  decreasing the amount would keep the essence of the night crawlers the same, yet decrease their effectiveness to a level where people would be happy with.

i think without the items that were taken out, u can deal with minions easier now with heavy AoE spells.  however, they respawn really quick, making my double cast of lvl 4 rain of ice a 5 second fix for night crawlers.

August 30, 2009 7:47:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

People are going to think any build that is better early on is just better because most lopsided multiplayer games don't last enough enough to prove otherwise.

However I agree it is disconcerting to see an Erebus running around inside your towers with inpunity at level FIVE.  And yes, I checked, because it was so early in the game.  I can only guess he had a high evade build and some potions.

August 30, 2009 3:25:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
i too have vsed a few erebus recently, that have been almost impossible to kill. They evade too much, move to fast, stack health alot. with all that goignon he still moves fast, so i dunno wtf items they get. So i decided to do an evasive build myself, man was that was a failure and a half.

but i dont think he needs to be nerfed. ppl have just found his highest potential. time to do so for the rest.

yup.

oak  is just as good, but fewer cry about him, because he doesn't seem as squishy-yet unkillable  like E.

an ooze UB would massacre them, and an ice TB could freeze them for 7 secs easy, which would cripple E for a very nice time, especially near a tower of yours.

i have yet to try it, but a speed/mine reg could also have a very nice advantage.

the dgs are like a huge game of rock/paper/scissors, + the different builds

there's not much u can do with rook against a good minion Erebus, thats just using rock against paper

August 30, 2009 4:42:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there's not much u can do with rook against a good minion Erebus, thats just using rock against paper

Ever thrown a rock at a flimsy piece of paper?

August 30, 2009 6:29:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rock paper scissors is a fantastic fallback analogy that attemts to get people to feel at ease with overpowered characters and abilities. As a consistant Erebus player I wholeheartedly confess that I'm absurdly overpowered and versus most demigods, virtually unkillable. It's hilarious that I've got the best regen, the best escape, the best direct damage, and one of the highest base run speeds. I would still be overpowered if I were an assasin. The fact I get mana free minions who can tank towers is a riot.

When fighting me you have two choices: Design your god exclusively as anti-Erebus, or lose. That ain't rock paper scissors guys. That's called I'm overpowered and loving it while it lasts.

August 30, 2009 7:50:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Judging from your Win / Loss Ratio and game stats, sounds more like bad opponents to me. And Anti-Minion builds are very common; they also serve as Anti-Creep builds and allow them to dominate if they get enough gold early on.

August 31, 2009 5:21:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kmitchell105,
Rock paper scissors is a fantastic fallback analogy that attemts to get people to feel at ease with overpowered characters and abilities. As a consistant Erebus player I wholeheartedly confess that I'm absurdly overpowered and versus most demigods, virtually unkillable. It's hilarious that I've got the best regen, the best escape, the best direct damage, and one of the highest base run speeds. I would still be overpowered if I were an assasin. The fact I get mana free minions who can tank towers is a riot.

When fighting me you have two choices: Design your god exclusively as anti-Erebus, or lose. That ain't rock paper scissors guys. That's called I'm overpowered and loving it while it lasts.

wow ... i dont spec in an anti ereb minion build yet im still able to take the upper hand against him. you just have to play smart. if he sends the minions to attack you, pull back and let them fight u at ur own towers (minion erebus is nothing in high tower setting). ive done that plenty of times with my ooze ub usually resulting in him losing all his minions.

August 31, 2009 9:28:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow ... i dont spec in an anti ereb minion build yet im still able to take the upper hand against him. you just have to play smart. if he sends the minions to attack you, pull back and let them fight u at ur own towers (minion erebus is nothing in high tower setting). ive done that plenty of times with my ooze ub usually resulting in him losing all his minions.
Standard games don't have high towers and a good EB would just get gunners and sic them on your tower while you cede lane control.

August 31, 2009 5:26:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd imagine maybe 3% of all public games are played outside of standard rulesets so I won't bother arguing what builds work under what rules. We could go on for hours. But it's funny you mention that your ooze UB kills Erebus easily. Because he's basically the only build that will handily kill me.

Regulus and TB have their moments on rare occasions.

September 2, 2009 5:21:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TormakSaber,

Ever thrown a rock at a flimsy piece of paper?

Oh yes I have...

and the rock pushed past the paper without doing any damage at all...

September 4, 2009 2:30:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You know what they say about arguing on the internet, I hope some of you can atleast read numbers:

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/demigods/

September 9, 2009 7:37:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i don't play this game so much any more but i still play a couple of games every now and then. bumping this thread due to more extreme hate against pro minion erebus builds.

still fed up of getting facerolled by them. (unless you play an imba ub).

glaring balance issues are becoming apparent and it now seems if you don't play sedna / ub / erebus you can just gtfo as you wont stand a chance at winning.

coincidence that the 3 most OP demigods are the 3 with the highest base move speeds in the game?

you can still play other demigods if you like for fun, but getting your ass handed to you by the big 3 time and again really gets draining very very quickly, and the game suddenly becomes not fun.

it seems the only way to counter a minion erebus is to make sure you picked ub, because absolutely nothing else can stand up to it.

rofl it takes sooooo long for the rage of losing to a minion erebus to wear off  

edit: ah the guy that stomped me twice recently is number 2 on the ladder...

December 23, 2009 7:50:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ladders dont say anything lol.

Im AMAZED that people are still arguing that erebus is not OP. Let this be clear, erebus was my favorite character and I played him a lot until I found out how incredibly OP he was.

Yes ooze UB can counter minion erebus. But minion erebus isn't even the best build, you better just get hybrid. Besides UB is way OP himself. If the erebus knows what he's doing he can beat every character safe for the two other tier I demigods(Ub and oak). Also and I think this is not mentioned enough, erebus has batswarm which is so awesome for ganking even if his damage was shit he would still be usefull for teambased strategies.

December 23, 2009 8:27:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There are definitely balance issues, when using Oak and Eber in pantheon it's insane, every single game in pantheon is eber and oak.  The minions just are able to survive way too much damage they need need to be effected by spells with x2 damage as well as demigods getting bonus to minions, spells like frost nova + bliz should shatter and fire nova should throw into the air all summonable minions.

Fortress is practically unwinnable when you are forces of light and can't use generals.  If you look at the stats in pantheon hte eber oak combo is ALWAYS in use, every game I've played has eber and oak, or sedna.

The main issue is that minions do not die fast enough to demigod attacks, the worst part about minions is that they are controllable, therefore minions can camp out while sedna and oak go somewhere else.  I think minions always have to stay within range of the casters or put some limits on them.  Games are completely imbalanced in pantheon thats for certain when your stuck only being able to select one side of demigods.

December 25, 2009 5:46:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Graph

December 28, 2009 10:00:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If I could make an analagy to pokemon, Erebus is very similar to spiritomb (has no weakness.) The main difference is, pokemon who have no weaknesses also have some major flaw that makes up for this.  Erebus' problem is that every single skill he possesses is a powerful skill that brings him some great benefit. No good Erebus build would ever take attributes; he just has too many good options.  Bite is just seriously a joke. Low cooldown, burst damage with lifesteal, armor reduction, and move speed reduction, all at level 1 wrapped up nicely in a convenient low mana skill.  To make things more laughable, every single one of his attributes is above average from the start of the game through the end. The only demigods who can stand up to him are the unclean beast and oak, and sometimes sedna.  

This game is not rock paper scissors, nor is it pokemon.  In pokemon, when you face an opponent that is effective against you, you have the option to switch out for a bit of damage.  In Demigod, the rook is the slowest character, and Erebus can just stalk the rook and continually drive him out of lanes.  He needs to be seriously considered for a nerf in the next patch. In fact, let's just take bite off of him and give it to the queen of thorns (somewhat sarcastic, but it would almost balance things up actually).

December 28, 2009 10:22:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
If I could make an analagy to pokemon, Erebus is very similar to spiritomb (has no weakness.) The main difference is, pokemon who have no weaknesses also have some major flaw that makes up for this.  Erebus' problem is that every single skill he possesses is a powerful skill that brings him some great benefit. No good Erebus build would ever take attributes; he just has too many good options.  Bite is just seriously a joke. Low cooldown, burst damage with lifesteal, armor reduction, and move speed reduction, all at level 1 wrapped up nicely in a convenient low mana skill.  To make things more laughable, every single one of his attributes is above average from the start of the game through the end. The only demigods who can stand up to him are the unclean beast and oak, and sometimes sedna.  

This game is not rock paper scissors, nor is it pokemon.  In pokemon, when you face an opponent that is effective against you, you have the option to switch out for a bit of damage.  In Demigod, the rook is the slowest character, and Erebus can just stalk the rook and continually drive him out of lanes.  He needs to be seriously considered for a nerf in the next patch. In fact, let's just take bite off of him and give it to the queen of thorns (somewhat sarcastic, but it would almost balance things up actually).

MEW HAS NO FLAWS!

December 28, 2009 10:24:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lord Eremew

December 29, 2009 7:51:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just lower his bite to 650 like it was on day 0. Then everyone cried that generals sucked. Well they just haden't played enough. Coz even with 650 bite erebus will eat your face.

December 29, 2009 8:26:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

MEW HAS NO FLAWS!

Level 20 rattata with quick attack and endeavor and focus sash.

Mew queues super powerful amazing attack.

Rattata queues endeavor.

Focus sash triggers after mew's attack, rattata is left with 1 hp

Rattata attacks with endeavor, mew is left with 1hp

Mew queues finishing move

Rattata queues quick attack

lvl 20 Rattata kills mew.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW MWAHAHA!

December 30, 2009 4:14:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have to say, I have been playing Eb almost exclusivly for the past 2 pantheons.  I'm doing pretty good, I have about a 70% win and stay around the 200-400 rank range.

Everyone here seems to be focused on what Eb is good at, or what he can do.  Let me flip the conversation a bit.  These are the situations I tend to avoid because I know they are risky.

I avoid standing next to a tower when another DG is within striking range.  DG's that can stun you or interrupt you when you are next to a tower have a better chance of killing you than in any other circumstance (outside a 2on1 gank that is).  Forts don't do crap, so don't try and take Eb 1v1 if all you have is a fort close by.  Get 2 DGs on me and I will move, otherwise your food.  Arrow towers hurt me most, of all things in the game.  In fact, I hate arrow towers more than UB for damage.  This becomes a non issue at about lvl 9 though.

Getting priests only helps me as I can kill them too easily, so don't buy priests until you can get cats as well.  That only helps me lvl past you.

Another thing that hurts me is if you don't let me creep kill during lvl's 3-7.  If you interrupt my ability to lvl early, then it is harder to (relativly) to play the middle game.  If 2 DG's are on me early game, then that can hurt pretty bad.  Just harrass me and don't let me dominate a lane.  Otherwise your toast once I get bite 3.

I am sure there are more situations, but right now that is what I can think of.

snake

December 30, 2009 5:17:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So basically erebus is scared of situations that are batshit crazily into the others favor.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000734   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.