The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Preview: The Demon Assassin

By on August 10, 2009 12:33:21 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

clip_image002

Demon Assassin

Overview and Traits

Demon Assassin is a Melee Assassin fighting for the Forces of Darkness. He wields a sword and a knife in battle, the sword being his primary weapon.

The Demon Assassin is a highly mobile character who can quickly close the gap between himself and his opponent though the use of warp attacks. His Shadow Swap ability allows him to change positions with an enemy Demigod, throwing them back into their foes. His melee attacks are fast and have a passive chance to critically strike.

While mobile and able to dodge many normal attacks, Demon Assassin is susceptible to magical damage.

The nemesis to Regulus, the Demon Assassin is extremely fast and lethal.

Abilities

Warp Strike ??? Key 1

Activated ability. Warps behind the targeted unit and performs an instant attack. Damage dealt increases as the skill increases.

Deadly Warp

Passive ability. Warp Strike has a high chance to critically strike.

Spine Attack ??? Key 2

Activated ability. Launches a barb from his tail, attacking an enemy at range. Damage dealt increases as the skill increases.

Warp Area ??? Ultimate ??? Key 3

Activated ability. For a few seconds, Demon Assassin warps to nearby enemies and attacks them. While performing this ability, he is invincible. Number of warps increases as the skill increases.

Forceful Blows

Passive Ability. Smaller enemies near targets of Warp Area are thrown into the air.

Shadow Swap ??? Key 4

Activated ability. Demon Assassin swaps places with an enemy Demigod. Distance increases as the skill increases.

Passive abilities

Elusiveness

Demon Assassin???s chance to dodge normal attacks increases.

Demon???s Speed

Demon Assassin???s movement speed increases.

Locked Post 221 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 17, 2009 11:11:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah but I don't see that change as a bad thing.  It doesn't change the demigod-demigod balance, it changes your map tactics a bit more.
Sure it does. When Erebus can bite you as you chase him near a tower and you take additional hits because you're snared and you take more damage because your armor is reduced, the increased damage clearly changes the balance of that fight.

Also many DGs are weaker or stronger at different points in the game. When towers allow weaker players to coast to the points where they begin to bloom (sorry couldn't think of a better word off the top of my head) it changes the overall balance of the game pretty significantly.

Preventing a kill or two between 5 and 8 can completely alter the way a DG is played. Also a DG like Regulus is obviously empowered by high towers and unsurprisingly most of the time I see high towers a Regulus host is the culprit.

All tower modes are worth trying out now and then for a change of pace.
No moreso than other game modes are worth trying, and I rarely see people hosting fortress or dominate games.

September 17, 2009 12:25:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Clearly we just need the 2 new guys to be released to prevent us from having such long conversations based on theory >.>

September 19, 2009 9:45:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

SCREENSHOTS PLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 9, 2009 12:54:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

first assassin i might like using.

October 10, 2009 12:53:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So...this is why this game is going to die out.  UPDATES TAKE FOREVER!!!!!!!!  If you want people to play then hurry up and drop updates.  Is there really just a team of 2 people working on this?  I mean seriously what is the hold up?

October 10, 2009 1:10:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spyderman312,
So...this is why this game is going to die out.  UPDATES TAKE FOREVER!!!!!!!!  If you want people to play then hurry up and drop updates.  Is there really just a team of 2 people working on this?  I mean seriously what is the hold up?

Rusheds updates = broken games, more bugs from none proper coding and some other programer terminology that I have yet to learn.

October 10, 2009 12:49:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Things take time to make. They arent made instantly...

October 10, 2009 1:10:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,

Not everyone shares the same patience.

October 10, 2009 1:24:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,

Quoting DalzK,
reply 207

r u saying that because ur impatient too, or because truly, not every1 is patient?

it has been a while, but getting angry sure isnt going to do much.  its counter-productive

October 10, 2009 2:54:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok you dont have to be "patient" but its pointless moaning about the new Demigods not being released. They are being made as fast as possible, they cant do it any faster - what exactly do you want from Stardock/GPG? Magically conjure up the 2 new Demigods like that? Release them unbalanced/unpolished

October 10, 2009 9:01:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,

Ok you dont have to be "patient" but its pointless moaning about the new Demigods not being released. They are being made as fast as possible, they cant do it any faster - what exactly do you want from Stardock/GPG? Magically conjure up the 2 new Demigods like that? Release them unbalanced/unpolished

Its my opinion that 6 months is an absurd amount of time to not implement 2 new demigods that GPG knew prior to shipping the game they were contracted to do.

October 10, 2009 9:29:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We dont need a Reg killer we need an Erebus Killer. Seriously what are you guys thinking?

October 11, 2009 11:35:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

is there any chance to get the new DGs in october ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

October 11, 2009 12:37:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,

Quoting DalzK,
reply 210

Its my opinion that 6 months is an absurd amount of time to not implement 2 new demigods that GPG knew prior to shipping the game they were contracted to do.

Exactly.  I mean it's not like they made 8 other DGs prior to these 2.  I mean are they just out of practice?  I think if I were to make something 8 times I would be able to make it better AND faster the next time.  All I am saying is it seems like they take their sweet time.  When they do preview something it is apparently MONTHS in advance just to try to keep people hanging on to the game.  Here is a pro tip.  If you want people to continue to play the game don't promise them stuff and take care of it WAY later then it should have been.  Ring of Might anyone?  Hey this has bugs, so we are going to remove it for the time being to fix it.  Seriously?  3 months to fix some bugs?  I'm sorry if you think that I am impatient but honestly if you tell us something, then NEVER give updates on things like "Hey we are working on this, we just have a few things to work on" how the hell can we really hang on to that?

October 11, 2009 1:49:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorian writes about the creation of the two new Demigods in his blog.

If you're gonna leave a comment there be sure to keep it civil, as he's been a modder before his job at GPG and has already done a lot of bugfixing that noone else would have done at GPG.

October 11, 2009 2:03:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exactly.  I mean it's not like they made 8 other DGs prior to these 2.  I mean are they just out of practice?  I think if I were to make something 8 times I would be able to make it better AND faster the next time.  All I am saying is it seems like they take their sweet time.  When they do preview something it is apparently MONTHS in advance just to try to keep people hanging on to the game.  Here is a pro tip.  If you want people to continue to play the game don't promise them stuff and take care of it WAY later then it should have been.  Ring of Might anyone?  Hey this has bugs, so we are going to remove it for the time being to fix it.  Seriously?  3 months to fix some bugs?  I'm sorry if you think that I am impatient but honestly if you tell us something, then NEVER give updates on things like "Hey we are working on this, we just have a few things to work on" how the hell can we really hang on to that?

The first few months of Demigod was basically GPG and Stardock working their asses of fixing connectivity problems and adding in other features such as overlays/connection info and doing a few balance changes such as Erebus's bite, HoL and doing bug/crash fixes.

Then there was 1.19/1.2 they had to start working on. Then there was the Demigods.

Ontop of all that, they are making SupCom2 - which if they dont do well will go bankrupt and shutdown, leaving us with 0 updates.

October 11, 2009 2:06:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CosMoe,
Sorian writes about the creation of the two new Demigods in his blog.

If you're gonna leave a comment there be sure to keep it civil, as he's been a modder before his job at GPG and has already done a lot of bugfixing that noone else would have done at GPG.

Thanks for this, CosMoe.  I noticed that Sorian mentioned no "we" in the making of the Demigods, just "I."  He did mention a balance person, but the blog gives the distinct--but perhaps erroneous--impression that he single handedly created the two demigods based on a pre-existing concept.  If that is the case, then that makes the delay a bit more understandable--but still a bit troubling that the developers just threw one guy at this project.

October 24, 2009 7:52:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

to me it seems like there is just too many 'warpabilities' in this guy(demon assasin): 3 out of 4! it is just op, 2 would be fine, but 3 !?

October 24, 2009 7:54:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the_hunger you are a moron.

October 24, 2009 1:44:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
the_hunger you are a moron.
And so are you.  Perhaps think of something more intelligent and constructive to contribute to the discussion next time.

October 29, 2009 3:17:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I personally think shadow swap is going to make ganking way too easy

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time: