The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

QoT Shield Spam

By on August 10, 2009 2:05:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lately I've come across more and more QoT who spam their shield like there is no tomorrow. I've had Sedna + Oak take on a QoT with shield, we got up on it and it popped a shield, we pounced/penitence and also melee'd it down, and as soon as the shield went down another went up... It was impossible to do any damage and he just ran back to base.

What is worse is running into a QoT with a teammate where they just spam bramble on upto 3 people at once. It is far more effective then healing of a Sedna it seems and any damage they take they just regen when shield is put back on.

Does anyone else feel that the rate of the cast of this ability and its duration/strength could use some balancing? I don't mind seeing it as a buff for someone going into a battle, or someone escaping or buffing during a battle, but when they can seemingly keep it up on an entire team all the time, I draw the line...

+3 Karma | 15 Replies
August 10, 2009 2:35:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does anyone else feel that the rate of the cast of this ability and its duration/strength could use some balancing?

its fine.

why would u want to nerf QoT even more

August 10, 2009 2:38:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

People spam it because it's the only useful ability she has.

August 10, 2009 2:41:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A single nuke will wear down the sheild. A nerfed Bramble would absolutely kill the QoT - she's the least played DG as it is.

August 10, 2009 3:35:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know QoT has issues with other abilities been pretty weak and costing too much. I've not really played a shield QoT, playing it normally I can do quite ok. The thing been that others have told me it gets up to 1700hp which means no one attack will take it down except maybe a hammer slame or spit DoT, but in the games I've played they seem to be able to spam it quite constantly enough to never take any damage or very little.

All I am suggesting is to nerf that ability when they hopefully buff the rest. It should have great utility, but shouldn't be their primary/only ability they spam. Shielding a whole team for 1700hp seems just overpowered to me, especially when its on characters that are already a bit op or unbalanced. It is far more effective then Sedna's healing.

August 10, 2009 3:53:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Debatably. Bramble Shield takes unmitigated damage, meaning armor doesn't help you. Sedna's heals for less but you get Real HP back meaning it's going to be affected by your armor.

Neither is likely to save you if two demigods are competently focus firing you but both are incredibly useful.

August 10, 2009 5:33:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd be hesitant to call it OP. I play QoT alot and agree that it's definitely a powerfull tool and I've won games because of it. But it's no better than heal or Oaks shield. QoT's mana pool is pretty low and form changing is a long process so even with helms, if she's mass shielding she won't be doing anything else.

I don't think it's unfair that a QoT should escape two DG's by using shield. She's not exactly speedy and without that shield she's about as squishy as they come. Maybe if she spammed shield and then killed one of you yes but that's not going to happen with her miserable auto attack damage output (which is all she's going to be able to do because she won't be able to switch forms-use spell-switch back-shield).

EDIT: Oh, and as far as QoT shielding team mates - If you come up against her with 2 team mates against 3 of your team you have to focus fire QoT. If she doesn't run SHE WILL die and either way you're then 3v2. QoT can't keep up cycling 3 shields with good pressure apllied to her and her team.

August 10, 2009 6:38:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You whine about imbalance and don't even know the stats of the skill. That tells me enough already.

• Bramble Shield absorbs maximally 1450 damage unmigitated (armor does not reduce damage). At this skill level it costs the QoT 840(!) mana to cast a Shield. No additional effects.
  • Sedna's Heal costs 750 mana and heals 1500 health, migitated. Moreover it removes negative effects (like Spit) and does 200 area damage.

To be able to spam Bramble Shield you have to stay in closed mode always. Nevertheless the QoT will only have enough mana to spam Shields if she has 3 helmets (2 helmets on Leviathan). A good team of 2 damage dealer DGs will always be able to take you down because you'll be slow and have very low health (that's why I use Cloak of Night to escape). Your efficiency depends heavily on your teammates, because you won't deal a lot of damage, except by mulching Shamblers. But micro-managing your Shamblers for efficient Mulching will be annoying as hell.

Long story short:

Please try playing her and spam Shields on your teammates JUST F****** ONCE before you start whining.

August 10, 2009 6:46:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[forums go boom]

August 10, 2009 6:48:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[forums go boom again]

August 10, 2009 7:39:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kaduos,
People spam it because it's the only useful ability she has.

I think consume shambler is the best ability!! on lvl it heals you for 2,25k and dmgs and aoe with 750.

August 10, 2009 1:05:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CosMoe,
[forums go boom again]

Banned for making the forums go boom!

Crap wrong thread!

Plus as much as I hate micro, i used to 'effectively' throw shamblers into the fray and mulch them... and giggle occasionally when I got the kill...

August 10, 2009 1:50:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

look at the stats of how many people play QoT compared to every other demigod:

QoT OP LULZ (condensed version of the arguments above)

August 10, 2009 9:52:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wasn't calling QoT OP anywhere, I just didn't like the spammability of the shield.

I've gone 2vs1 against a QoT from just outside our base on Prison, a Senda with maxed pounce and me with maxed penitence plus the soul upgrades and lots of minions, and well we outran it but it survived easily spamming shield the whole way. The whole game we managed to kill it once when it slipped up and we kamikaze chased it into his base.

About the mana, it is easy to to get upto 6k+ mana.

August 11, 2009 8:30:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

noother, a maxed Shield absorbs 1450 damage every 7 seconds, which means a 200 damage per second absorption for 120 mana per second. If you did not deal out more than 200dps with your 2 Demigods' autoattack alone, you did something very wrong in this game. And I'm not even talking about the instant damage you could have done with Pounce+Pentinence (1000+800) and spirit damage.

I'm saying this because I know for a fact that a single Minion Erebus (with Bite) at same level can take down a maxed Shield in less than 3 seconds, leaving her vulnerable for more than 4 seconds before she can "spam" the next Shield.

If you made her retreat every time you got near her, but think it's so unfair that she survived by using up all her mana when retreating the short distance home in Prison, think about it again.

And please, play her just once before judging.

August 11, 2009 10:53:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CosMoe,
Pounce+Pentinence (1000+800)

1 little note: Pounce+Penitence=1000+800, but Penitence+Pounce=800+1160. Anyway more than enogh to wash off the shield in a moment  

P.S. Shield's cooldown is 7sec. Pent and Pounce cooldown is also 7 sec. Khm, looks like QoT has NO Shield.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.