The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

speed items increase minion movement speed!

By on August 4, 2009 2:59:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Me and a couple friends heard some rumors that minion speed can be upgraded by boots of speed and stuff. We did some testing, and its true. Is this some super crazy secret or something? People don't seem to be aware of this because the boots of speed and stuff don't mention your minions moving faster. They do move faster though. Wand of speed and boots of speed will produce a noticeable increase in minion movement speed. Throw journeyman's tread in and your minions will outrun most DGs.

The idea that minions are powerful lane pushers, but bad killers because they are easy to outrun is false.

+6 Karma | 17 Replies
August 4, 2009 3:02:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tis true as i am one of his fellow friends who uses this to great success on Oak.

August 4, 2009 3:05:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We already had this discussion. You wont make killers out of minions.

And no its not secret, it was in the patch notes.

August 4, 2009 3:10:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

speed items increase minion movement speed!

NO WAI!!1!1!

August 4, 2009 3:18:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

rofl lifekatana...you never won that argument. Even if it was in the patch notes, people seem to be unaware. Heck, even you were like "journeymans treads make you expose yourself" when actually they make me expose myself less because I outrun enemies and my minions do also.

August 4, 2009 3:25:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lifekatana you really don't know what you're talking about on this one. I have never gotten more DG kills with any other kind of general build until I start speed stacking my minions to be able to outrun everyone else.

August 4, 2009 3:50:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Me and a couple friends heard some rumors that minion speed can be upgraded by boots of speed and stuff.

It was in my minion Erebus write-up

Although I don't recall a serious game ever lasting long enough to afford Journeyman Treads until the game was well into the artifact stage. At that point I was more into +damage toys

P.S. drugfreeboy: PM me your email address, damnit! I have something for you and a few of the other DI crew I was closer to. No it's not spam

August 4, 2009 4:24:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, I didn't really keep up with that "minion swarm" thread too much. I saw that link you posted to your thread on the gpg forums and how you mentioned speed item affect your minions. That was only today though for me. Regabond had be tellin me how he thought he "might of heard" that speed items affect minions. Seriously though, most people don't know. I played a pros game and they were like "why are you using so many boots? They don't help minions". 

I haven't ever really had a chance to see what kind of artifacts are good for minion guys. I usually have just been gettin god plate as my "super-duper expensive item".

and I'll send that email address...tried to pm it to you using the in-game chat a while back tho.

*edit*

by the way shadow, I do give you some credit in my other thread about "erebus and oak" in the strategies forum. I just wasn't positive that you were the first who noticed the speed buff on minions.

August 4, 2009 7:54:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i usually find even if minions have a faster move speed, they still refuse to actually attempt to attack a moving target. they just like to follow it.

August 4, 2009 10:05:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

journeymans treads will always be my favorite item, even if theyre not the best. I played several games where people were convinced i was teleporting because i was moving so fast.

August 4, 2009 11:10:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the bishops and archer ones will manage to attack while chasing just about all the time. The meelee ones seem to attack sometimes too though.

August 5, 2009 12:23:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NO THEY DON'T IT'S NOT TRUE IT'S NOT TRUE IT'S NOT TRUE!!!!1!!!

August 5, 2009 12:52:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It would be dumb if your minions were not able to keep up with you.

August 5, 2009 2:53:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Scufo,
It would be dumb if your minions were not able to keep up with you.
Erebus must blow your mind

August 5, 2009 3:28:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rollie Pollies keep up with him just fine.

August 5, 2009 8:47:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

FWIW mcmjon was speed boosting his minions back in Beta - I think they actually nerfed yetis to their current terrible levels because of that guy..  He sat at his crystal, summoned yetis, procced wand of speed (which I think was a 40% boost back then) and sent them zooming up to the enemy citadel FTW

Rook's boulder speed corresponds with his move speed too, pretty sure

And I think TheBigOne, HorseRadish, and maybe Telkku were pulling the straight morale build post-release before anyone else, but I could be wrong.  They certainly didn't make the news like Shadow did ^^

August 5, 2009 11:53:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,
FWIW mcmjon was speed boosting his minions back in Beta - I think they actually nerfed yetis to their current terrible levels because of that guy..  He sat at his crystal, summoned yetis, procced wand of speed (which I think was a 40% boost back then) and sent them zooming up to the enemy citadel FTW

Rook's boulder speed corresponds with his move speed too, pretty sure

And I think TheBigOne, HorseRadish, and maybe Telkku were pulling the straight morale build post-release before anyone else, but I could be wrong.  They certainly didn't make the news like Shadow did ^^

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants"

August 5, 2009 1:26:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm well I had no idea these tactics had been around for so long. I'm no demigod guru though anyway. Most of the people I talk to about increasing minion speed seem to be unaware of it though.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.