The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Here's the Story of the 4 Generals

All things not Being equal...

By on August 4, 2009 12:08:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

3 Generals have an interupt/stun ability

The Queen of Thorns doesn't.

3 Generals have move speed buffs and debuffs

The queen of thorns doesn't have move speed buffs

Why are Oak, Sedna and LE better for your team?

They are better at the support role, they get around the map faster, and can interupt the flow of a battle to turn the tide... the queen for the most part can't because she's too slow...and lacks an interupt...

+2 Karma | 12 Replies
August 4, 2009 12:56:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well when you look at it that way... yeah. That does suck. Explains (in part) why Queen is least played and least successful.

August 4, 2009 3:34:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Alterschism,
Well when you look at it that way... yeah. That does suck. Explains (in part) why Queen is least played and least successful.

And the reason you wouldn't look at it this way is what?

You are looking for AoE damage? All the assasins do it better...

August 4, 2009 3:14:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

briefly, I will respectfully disagree. The Queen, like all the other DGs has her ups and downs. she's not flashy, she doesent do a ton of damage to DGs, and honestly she lacks on a few of her skills (Uproot IMO). That said, her shield rocks, at lvl 4-5 and her creep killing power spikes to devastating potential. I have found at least 1 enjoyable and tide turning build with her, but you have to be happy playing almost dedicated support. alone she is vulnerable. With a killer i.e. oak or UB (or any good DG killing build) she can be insane. if played smartly she is almost unkillable (emphasis on ALMOST) and can prevent a LOT of deaths on her team, as well as let her allies push that much harder.

Quoting Alterschism,

I think a lot of people simply want to be the ones to get the kills, favor, and power rather than support. Doesnt make her less usefull on a team, just less popular to play.

August 4, 2009 3:25:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sure her minions are weaker.  And yes, her heal isn't as strong past level 7.  And, okay, she may not do as much damage to a single target.  And yeah, I guess she doesn't have any good direct damage abilities. And, I'll give you that she can't buff her teams speed, or personal speed.  I'll even admit that she requires more mana for her spells than most others. And heck, I guess she does have the worst health in the game. And I'd be lying if I didn't agree that her skills are too interdependant...

But man, Level 1 Shield is good, and that totally makes up for it.

Doesn't it?

August 4, 2009 3:35:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, oh totally

She is actually probably the best creep supporter out of all the DGs. She can easily take down any other creep wave with 1 or 2 skills all cast within a second of each other. At the same time she debuffs whatever survives so that her own creep wave can do a minimum of double and triple damage. How would you like 2-4 giants hitting you for double damage.

She just plays completely different from all the other DGs which seems to be more of a weakness at the moment than a strength.

August 4, 2009 3:38:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zechnophobe,
Sure her minions are weaker.  And yes, her heal isn't as strong past level 7.  And, okay, she may not do as much damage to a single target.  And yeah, I guess she doesn't have any good direct damage abilities. And, I'll give you that she can't buff her teams speed, or personal speed.  I'll even admit that she requires more mana for her spells than most others. And heck, I guess she does have the worst health in the game. And I'd be lying if I didn't agree that her skills are too interdependant...

But man, Level 1 Shield is good, and that totally makes up for it.

Doesn't it?

sure does!

August 5, 2009 12:48:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting regabond,
She is actually probably the best creep supporter out of all the DGs.

Oh hi Torch Bearer.

August 5, 2009 1:35:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TB doesn't multiply damage against structures for everything by 4.

August 5, 2009 5:36:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TB is a good creep supporter but still 2nd to QoT. TB's AoEs cover much less ground compared to QoT's.

Does TB's auras affect creeps as well?

August 6, 2009 1:46:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kitkun,
TB doesn't multiply damage against structures for everything by 4.

freezing structures for 10 full seconds muliplies the creeps waves damage as none of them die while the stuff is frozen...

August 6, 2009 1:47:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting regabond,
TB is a good creep supporter but still 2nd to QoT. TB's AoEs cover much less ground compared to QoT's.

Does TB's auras affect creeps as well?

I know for  a fact that the ice aura affects enemy creeps not so sure on the fire aura helping friendly creeps

August 6, 2009 2:28:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

By the time creep becomes an actual threat and not just free exp for both sides, it's late game and QoT is terrible anyway.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.