The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Average Favor Points per Game (Statistic)

This is actually kind of a Rorschach test.

By on August 3, 2009 6:46:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Being bored I played around in Excel and made this graph showing the total favor points earned by each Demigod divided by the total number of games by each Demigod (today's values from 270 000 total Custom Games).

Note that the y-axis starts at (40+75)/2=57.5 favor points to visually remove the influence of default favor points for winning and losing.

Average Favor Points

Discuss.

+25 Karma | 19 Replies
August 3, 2009 7:48:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

man you must really be bored

August 3, 2009 8:04:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It might matter if I used more than 1 favor item lol.

August 3, 2009 8:45:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I average just over 90 favor points per game by your sytsem.   The rook average favor points seem way, way lower than they should be, damage and reinforcements are pretty much giveaways for rook and all the others are fair game (except flags, which I rarely get).

August 3, 2009 8:54:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I'm surprised Sedna is higher than Rook and Oak.
August 3, 2009 8:57:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Primal Zed,
I'm not so surprised with Oak, but I'm very surprised with Rook, but I guess I can kind of see why. She must just get a ton of kills in most games and take home cit upgrades, kills, gold, and deaths more consistently than other DGs.

August 3, 2009 10:47:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,

Quoting Primal Zed, reply 4I'm surprised Sedna is higher than Rook and Oak.I'm not so surprised with Oak, but I'm very surprised with Rook, but I guess I can kind of see why. She must just get a ton of kills in most games and take home cit upgrades, kills, gold, and deaths more consistently than other DGs.

or she tends to win so on average get the 75 instead of the 40, and the difference is only about 4 fp per game

August 3, 2009 10:56:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
or she tends to win so on average get the 75 instead of the 40, and the difference is only about 4 fp per game
Ah, i didn't think about that, is a good point.
August 31, 2009 8:57:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is the newest statistic of average Favor Points per Demigod per game (Custom Games only).

It has been now been adjusted to not include the Favor Points for Wins and Losses according to each Demigod.

Interestingly, Regulus (although rather low on the Win/Loss ratio) gets, on average, more Favor Points than the "stronger" (Win/Loss ratio) Demigods (UB, Ereb, Sedna). All 3 "support" Demigods are on the lower end. Regulus gets 56% more Favor Points than QoT.

Explanation:

The graph displays the average Favor Points for a game per Demigod. It does not matter how often the Demigod is played and the Favor Points for Wins/Losses are also excluded (extra for each Demigod).

It's not a measure of Demigod strength!

It simply shows that Regulus gets some Favor Points (Kills, Kill Streak, Assists, Buildings destroyed) easier than other Demigods. I guess that the Torchbearer is so high up there because he usually gets most damage and most reinforcements killed in a game.

The support Demigods are the lowest on the graph because you not only get zero Favor Points for supportive actions, but also because supportive actions are disadvantageous for your Favor Point Statistic (think Heal (no reward) instead of Pounce (damage, or kill reward); both cost you a lot of mana). Heals and Shields are of course advantageous for the allie you supported, who can perhaps kill another Demigod because of it. That's teamplay. It's just not encouraged through Favor Points. Hence this idea of mine.

August 31, 2009 12:35:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,

but I'm very surprised with Rook

I'm not.  Rook will occassionally get the most damage, but outside of that it's iffy that he will take more than that.  Being that slow has certain ramifications.  He is out of combat more when he runs for equipment, he is unlikely to get DG kills because it is easy to flee from him, and he is more likely to be killed because of his speed.  I always struggle with gold early in the game with Rook, where I never have that issue with anyone else.  That means I need the gold or equipment rather than cit upgrades that I could do with the other DGs.

And if Rook is playing, someone on the other team is going to get the structures reward because killing Rook towers gives points in that category.

August 31, 2009 6:24:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CosMoe,
This is the newest statistic of average Favor Points per Demigod per game (Custom Games only).

I pretty much play Fire TB exclusively, and the newer graph accurately reflects my experience.  Win or lose, I typically have the highest score on my team mainly because of damage.  On those occasions where I didn't, it went to a Reg with mines.

I found your other graph on wins per demigod was also spot on.  It's gotten to the point where unless my team also has a LE/UB combo to match the other team, I leave the lobby and move on.  I also try to avoid games where my counterpart is a demigod other than another TB or QoT, otherwise my TB is the weak link in the team.

Being almost exclusively a PUG player, my stats are pretty meaningless.  If we could get team games separated out from PUG games, then things would look different.  But as it stands now, I sometimes get booted for my crappy win/loss ratio.

September 2, 2009 10:40:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i totally like the idea of cosmoe to create some sort of category for favour points to reward supporting characters.

September 12, 2009 7:23:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump

September 14, 2009 11:52:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not.  Rook will occassionally get the most damage, but outside of that it's iffy that he will take more than that.
Any decent rook is going to win on damage virtually every game. I generally do more damage than the other team combined.

September 14, 2009 1:57:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any decent rook with staff of renewal + towers is going to win on damage virtually every game.

fixed

September 14, 2009 6:03:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're implying there's such a thing as a rook without that strat.

September 14, 2009 6:43:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i see tonnes lol

they usually die 5 times in the first 10 mins

September 14, 2009 9:50:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yea, the point system of Demigod could use some tweaking IMO.

Regulus's snipe ensures he gets the most kill credits. The support demigods tend to get creamed.

Also, the demigod who sacrifices by buying the key ealry citadel upgrades (structure and currency 1) is crippled for the rest of teh game. In the games I play, I'm typically the one who buys those and as a result rarely have the most points (or even win the citadel upgrades).

There's really no perfect way to do it that doesn't involve constantly tweaking with a thick skin for every change.  

September 14, 2009 11:02:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We talked about this a bit in another thread, but my suggestion would be to add a tally of total health regenerated, healed, or shielded, and then attribute those effects to their sources for the favor award.

So theoretically any DG who stacked enough life steal or regeneration could win the award in the same way that sedna could win the damage award if played a certain way in the right circumstances, but obviously Sedna's 24 HPS aura and her heals are going to push her into the lead pretty easily if she plays a purer support role, and naturally you'd have to figure out a way to make it disregard overhealing.

That being said it feels like most players are capping out on favor points as-is so it's probably not woth the effort to code something like that, but if you guys do decide to tackle it, that's my suggestion.

September 20, 2009 1:45:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Primal Zed,

i got 190 favor points with sed once.

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/958565/player/80182/

edit: the opponets were kinda new i think...

sed is a little under rated in my opinion.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.