The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

endless bugs today!

By on August 3, 2009 2:38:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i´ve tried to get several games going with my mates today, but ALMOST EVERY game was bugged like hell!

either lobby chrashed, people getting black screens, white screens, gray screens, no response, invalid user, unhandled exceptions, game just disappearing on 2 players simultaniously, you call it.

if it didnt chrashed on my side, it crashed on someone elses.

ah, before if forget, take horrible lag games into account too, plus desynched games.

and i dont even start to go for ui bugs this time.

yes, I had a LOT of fun with demigod and its endless bugs today!

thank you developers for this masterpiece of software. you´ve done a great job

+14 Karma | 9 Replies
August 3, 2009 6:07:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Are you Serious ?

Go play outside.

August 3, 2009 6:50:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, those crashes are pretty annoying. I hope all of them, or at least most of the causes are fixed in 1.2

August 4, 2009 4:51:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did you provide the developers with the crash dumps, or do you just exspect them to find out the causes of the crashes without any input from you... ?

Whenever my DG crashes, I provide stardocks with the minidump so that they atleast get some clues as to what's causing the crashes...

August 4, 2009 5:06:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i think they already have tones of crash reports of the same errors. didn't they play it themselfs anyway?

August 4, 2009 5:38:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zydox,
Did you provide the developers with the crash dumps, or do you just exspect them to find out the causes of the crashes without any input from you... ?

Whenever my DG crashes, I provide stardocks with the minidump so that they atleast get some clues as to what's causing the crashes...
So do I. On July 10th Cari told me that she was able to fix at least the Lobby crash. I guess that fix will be available in the next patch or hotfix.

August 4, 2009 5:44:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zydox,

do not fear, i´ve done that. several times now...

August 11, 2009 8:51:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We expect them

Quoting Zydox,

^^ Yes I expect them to find the causes alone. Specially when the game has gone through long beta-testing process and has been released 3 month ago.

Moreover, almost ALL players are facing the same problems (crashes, desync - I am only speaking of those particular recurent bugs here), so what's the point to send thousands of time the same dumps ?

e.g. : A patch comes and it becomes impossible to do alt+tab when hosting a custom game, just let the dev try it and they will face it.

August 11, 2009 11:15:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ese-aSH,
e.g. : A patch comes and it becomes impossible to do alt+tab when hosting a custom game, just let the dev try it and they will face it.
I can Alt-Tab just fine. Therefore i doubt that the devs will face it just by trying.

August 11, 2009 2:20:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

alt tab problem is well known and may be solved if there are working statistics and matchmaking in the game, so nobody has to check the stats at the pantheon page...

just got another game, played 1hour 30minutes and than: desync, invalid gamestate blabla, game closes now.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.