The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Easisest Way to Improve the Queen

By on July 30, 2009 3:01:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lughsan

Join Date 04/2006
+2

I have a rather simple solution to improve the QoT:

Combine Compost and Entourage into a single skill, as compost feeds the entourage it can be rolled up into the skill that feeds it freeing the queen from the overabundance of skills she has.... and making her minion build that much stronger without spending 2x as many skills on it as other Demis....

Thoughts?

Locked Post 13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 30, 2009 3:22:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Really does not sound like that bad of an idea.

July 30, 2009 6:01:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

makes alot of sense imo.

July 30, 2009 6:22:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

very good idea. especially if you consider having other dgs similar combinations in one skill-line.

July 30, 2009 12:44:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not a bad idea, if they do this they can fill in the UI by allowing her to cast uproot from inside the flower...which I think she should be able to do, cast from either open or closed.

July 30, 2009 12:51:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait when did everyone suddenly decide QoT needs a buff? My friend is awesome with her. You just follow him around untill he ground spikes someone then you beat the poor person who lost all the armor to death in seconds. When they try to run, he slows them with that other ground spike skill. He also finds time to throw some shields on you while you're at it.

July 30, 2009 1:41:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well QoT is ok early game but late-game she seems to really fail, and most people seem to agree or at lest say that she has many "worthless" skills. i dont think she's that broken but really the buff compost gives does not really seem to warrant the added line of skill point spending, and sense QoT does infact seem to be the weakest DG in the game i think mixing Compost and Entourage does not just make more sense but can also help the underpowered Demi. Maybe even make her minon build more viable.

July 30, 2009 2:06:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm that friend of drug's that plays QoT. Her attack skills are plenty strong, but her support/general role isn't as great. To become a good general it takes 16 skill points which is 5 more than any other DG and 7 more on avg.

If these 2 trees were combined it would allow her to better fill a support build or a spread out build which is what she just screams with so many synergies. You could then easily get a few levels in entourage/compost, ground spikes, mulch, shamblers, and uproot and the build would actually work as it sounds it should. You'd be moderately strong at doing just about everything but not overly strong in any 1 area.

July 30, 2009 9:51:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if the effects of compost r combine with entourage...

i reckon composts new effect should be some sort of energy management skill

July 31, 2009 1:47:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
if the effects of compost r combine with entourage...

i reckon composts new effect should be some sort of energy management skill

She has that built into closed with 50% bonus to mana regen..

July 31, 2009 1:53:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeh ... well i was referring to if u wanna spec as an offense, sure u still might wanna go in bud, wat for change if u got another mana managent option.

August 3, 2009 11:07:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting drugfreeboy,
Wait when did everyone suddenly decide QoT needs a buff? My friend is awesome with her. You just follow him around untill he ground spikes someone then you beat the poor person who lost all the armor to death in seconds. When they try to run, he slows them with that other ground spike skill. He also finds time to throw some shields on you while you're at it.

Queen can be played one of two ways:

Like your buddy and I like to do.  Put points only into her three good skills (shield, ground, and wave) and be an above average early game demi, great mid-game support demi, and very sub-par late game demi.

Or you can go any other route and deservedly earn the hatred of your teamates.

This suggestion wouldn't be a buff to the Queen the way your friend and mine play her, it would simply give people a different way to play her by combining to worthless skills into a decent one.

Everyones got their own perspective on balance but I'll tell you one thing, I don't remember a game I've lost where the opposing queen started popping out shamblers.

August 4, 2009 12:49:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thundercles,

Queen can be played one of two ways:

Like your buddy and I like to do.  Put points only into her three good skills (shield, ground, and wave) and be an above average early game demi, great mid-game support demi, and very sub-par late game demi.

Or you can go any other route and deservedly earn the hatred of your teamates.

This suggestion wouldn't be a buff to the Queen the way your friend and mine play her, it would simply give people a different way to play her by combining to worthless skills into a decent one.

Everyones got their own perspective on balance but I'll tell you one thing, I don't remember a game I've lost where the opposing queen started popping out shamblers.

This.

If Shamblers were useful Queen would be just fine.

August 5, 2009 5:39:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

At first I liked shamblers due to their ranged AoE attacks. But they are slow and have to stop to attack which makes them horrible DG attackers. They are a bit on the mana intensive side as well. I wouldn't mind them not being able to run and attack if the had more HP and dealt like 50% more dmg.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000703   Page Render Time: