The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Warehouse 13?

Any thoughts?

By on July 23, 2009 5:25:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Warehouse 13 is a rather odd show that comes on Tuesdays at 9:00 EST on the SciFi channel (or whatever it's calling itself these days). I think there might be reruns on Thursday, but I'm not sure of the time. It details a pair of Secret Service agents assigned to this wierd facility in South Dakota where various pseudoscientifc and/or mystical objects and devices are stored: hypnotic sound recordings, Tesla stunguns, haunted paintings, and the like. They are sent all over the country looking for anything wierd that might be causing problems, and tasked with insuring that ordinary people 1) don't find out about it, and 2) don't get hurt, killed, driven insane, hypnotized, or forced into hybernation by it.

I thought the first episode was mediocre, but the two I've seen since then have progressivley improved: the writers don't appear to be taking the show too seriously, have a good sense of humor, and aren't nearly as..... heavy-handed as the X-Files was. The characters are pretty well-developed, but I thought that they could do more with the male agent: aside from being rather irritating(to the other characters. To the viewer, he's funny) there isn't much we know about him. As long as they don't try too hard to do an X-files repeat, I feel that the show could have a lot of potential.

+182 Karma | 33 Replies
August 6, 2009 8:55:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Meh its ok, I hope they do more focus on objects and less on people.

August 6, 2009 9:09:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Meh its ok, I hope they do more focus on objects and less on people.
Well, the last episode really resonated with me, but that might just be beacuse it so resembled some of the stuff I have written..... the previews for the next show seemed to indicate that there will be some sort of robot involved......

August 7, 2009 12:56:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I liked the last episode too.  Was so close to giving up on this show, but now will watch at least another 2 episodes... had to drag me back in... MEH

January 1, 2010 5:45:55 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

The 13 stnds for the number of Warehouses that have been built and destroyed... so this is the 13th warehouse

January 1, 2010 5:52:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Any idea when the new seaon will start?

January 2, 2010 11:43:25 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Not a clue I've been looking around but I haven't found any signs of the new season yet.

January 2, 2010 1:00:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Scoutdog,
Any idea when the new seaon will start?

It probably will be around the same time this summer as they started the first series last summer. Unless maybe that summer-series thing is falling out of fashion with TV execs?

I've got series 1 saved in my Netflix queue, but I'm still not expecting to bond with it from what I saw by way of short moments with the initial broadcast. Something special will need to happen to make me like the cartoon Scully-Mulder duo, and the whole 'objects' thing sounds too much like the product of long hours in meeting rooms where people argued in terms like "think Eureka meets X-Files, with a dash of Edwardian spiritualism." Wait, that sounds cooler than what I've seen in the show so far. Maybe that Looking Glass episode is worth actually watching...

January 2, 2010 1:47:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Maybe that Looking Glass episode is worth actually watching...
It is. Possibly my favorite of the entire series. Dad's, too. The Poe one is also good, as is the final episode.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.