The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Vote Demigod Best Strategy Game at X-Play

By on July 20, 2009 11:14:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://g4tv.com/gphoria2009/index.html

Considering the other choices, I think this one is obvious.

And think about it. If it wins it will probably equate more sales. Which means there is a better chance we get more stuff.

+37 Karma | 35 Replies
July 25, 2009 5:37:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting si1foo,
  lets say  it gets more attention form halo 3 players  most of the ones i see are assholes
that hurts you just need to understand us...lol.

July 25, 2009 6:19:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Look, it's already nominated in the strategy section, so you don't have debate whether it's enough of an RTS now. You just need to judge whether it's better than the other nominees.

Which in my case I'm afraid it's not, I prefer DoW2 to Demigod. Poor balance (Which 1.4 mixes up at least, even if it doesn't really fix) with interesting mechanics and fun gameplay appeals to me more than OK balance with shallow mechanics, clunky controls and stripped down basic RTS gameplay.

I don't feel I've been anywhere near enough of a jerk to warrent sympathy voting DG over DoW2.

July 25, 2009 3:16:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DroopyTheDog,
Look, it's already nominated in the strategy section, so you don't have debate whether it's enough of an RTS now. You just need to judge whether it's better than the other nominees.

Which in my case I'm afraid it's not, I prefer DoW2 to Demigod. Poor balance (Which 1.4 mixes up at least, even if it doesn't really fix) with interesting mechanics and fun gameplay appeals to me more than OK balance with shallow mechanics, clunky controls and stripped down basic RTS gameplay.

I don't feel I've been anywhere near enough of a jerk to warrent sympathy voting DG over DoW2.

i agree  with droop and i also vooted for dow2  because it was the only one there i actually thought was worth being nominated

July 25, 2009 8:12:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As long as Halo Wars doesn't win, I'm happy, but I didn't think DoW2 was really good at all... But then, I never played 1.4

July 26, 2009 12:42:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The golden rule of sequels is to improve on the original. DoW2 does something strange and strips out stuff that the original had which is simply detremental to the game (for example stances).

Demigod at least feels finished if a little threadbare. While DoW2 just felt like it was a CoH mod.

July 26, 2009 4:03:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting XSive_Death,
The golden rule of sequels is to improve on the original. DoW2 does something strange and strips out stuff that the original had which is simply detremental to the game (for example stances).

Demigod at least feels finished if a little threadbare. While DoW2 just felt like it was a CoH mod.

They're on the same engine so that's not terribly surprising, games from the same company in the same genre are always going to have a similar feel, see Valve, Blizzard and ID for other examples.

Having everything from DoW1 (base building etc.) wouldn't have changed it from feeling like a CoH mod I don't think, if anything it would feel more like a mod since less changes would have been made.

Quoting pseudomelon,
As long as Halo Wars doesn't win, I'm happy, but I didn't think DoW2 was really good at all... But then, I never played 1.4

Yes Halo Wars needs to be forgotten quickly, it's disappointing Ensemble came out with something so poor as their final project.

Quoting DroopyTheDog,

Yeah 1.4.2 (soon to be 1.5 and we can actually play again...) isn't a silver bullet but the balancing challenge in DoW2 is far more complicated than the one in DG imo.

Anything but Halo Wars.

July 26, 2009 5:29:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

halo is a fps  how a stratergy  futher proof there retarded

July 26, 2009 6:28:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Halo Wars is a strategy game, more akin to the original idea of Halo (created as a computer, not XBox, game). It just happens to also be terrible.

July 26, 2009 7:02:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i voted for dow2  sheerly because it is the only rts there

July 26, 2009 11:37:08 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Again, Halo Wars 'is' an RTS.  And again, it's just not a very good one.

(soon to be 1.5 and we can actually play again...)

Ridiculous that they're making us wait on that, isn't it?  I'm happy about the way things went in the beta but 1.3 absolutely blows in comparison.

Also, I'm not the biggest fan of DoW2 either but unit controls (stances) have not been 'stripped away.'  The player still has the ability to decide how they want their squads to behave by using different mouse-clicks (right click target for 'best' attack, right-click/hold/release on location to hold position and fire at range, hold-z/right-click on target to force melee, and so forth). 

Now I can understand if many prefer the old way (a unit-action that sets unit behavior under any circumstances) but the tools the player needs to make units do what he/she wants are still available.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.