The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Dawn of Discovery is Fun!

By on July 20, 2009 5:22:57 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I have been a big fan of the Anno series since the beginning, so I was very excited to hear about Dawn of Discovery, and even more excited when I found out it was coming to Impulse.

Right now I’m playing through the campaign, but the open gameplay is also very fun.

If you press F1, you can go into a “postcard” mode which will take some beautiful screenshots as shown below. 

screenshot0000

screenshot0001

+430 Karma | 129 Replies
September 14, 2009 2:31:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dawn of Discovery is an excellent game...  for the first 3 hours of a new game.  This is about the time that you cap your technology and upgradability.  All it is at this point of the game is escessive resource micromanagement.  The game is absolutely beautiful and has tons of potential, but gets incredibly dull after that 3 hour window closes.

September 21, 2009 10:28:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

turns out it's a problem with my sound blaster x-fi fatal1ty pro xtreme gamer card.  when I disable it in device manager, the game works fine (but without sound).  Tried latest driver and roll back driver, same problem.  Obviously I'd like to play with sound.  Anyone heard of a fix for this? 

thanks

September 21, 2009 11:20:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Best thing would probably be to use Google to find others with the same problem and their solutions.

Creative hardware is awesome, but their drivers aren't the best. When you find one that works, stick with it.

October 7, 2009 9:44:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i use onboard 7.1 sound, works fine

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000093   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.