The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Ranged Attack Chasing

By on July 18, 2009 9:10:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I played Queen for a long time online.  I came to one conclusion about her character design:  ranged autoattack + point-blank AE main damage spell do not mix.  The fact is that there's too much movement in battles between demigods for the way her ranged attack mechanics work.  When you're chasing someone at your maximum range, you can't cast on them to finish them or boost her damage.  She relies on Spike Wave, which is pretty bad compared to other kill moves.

I think the ranged attack demigods would be significantly more powerful if they began chasing enemy demigods as soon as they started running.  When someone retreats, they want separation as fast as possible.  Ranged characters give them separation at a faster rate than melee characters who chase immediately.  This is the most pronounced in situations where your spells rely on close proximity (like Queen) in order to do any real damage.  It tends to be less of a problem with TB and Reg, but I think they would both be better if this were possible as an alternate way to attack/chase someone.

I'd like to see something like Alt + Click on enemy demigod make your ranged character close to point blank range while attack.  Like a 'force melee' command.

+3 Karma | 5 Replies
July 19, 2009 1:27:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Indeed, the best way to escape a ranged character is to get to their max range, and then warp further away.

July 19, 2009 3:58:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

QoT wouldn't be such a bad chaser if her auto-attack stayed on the target that she was chasing.

When a DG flees you as the Queen, you will most likely click them to attack and chase them. With all the other DGs, they would do just that. However, the Queen will start attacking other targets as she chases, and will not focus on the DG.

This is an example of crappy play-control: you as the character to do one thing, and they do something else.

July 19, 2009 4:04:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting incaseoffireburn,
QoT wouldn't be such a bad chaser if her auto-attack stayed on the target that she was chasing.

When a DG flees you as the Queen, you will most likely click them to attack and chase them. With all the other DGs, they would do just that. However, the Queen will start attacking other targets as she chases, and will not focus on the DG.

This is an example of crappy play-control: you as the character to do one thing, and they do something else.

Yeah this is so irritating, not often you get a chance to kill as a QoT and to have her randomly start attacking creeps instead of a DG on 100hp is painful.

July 19, 2009 7:35:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I find that that QoT bug happens whilst you are enclosed in the flower, but not so much when you are open. But I might be wrong, I don't play QoT much.

July 19, 2009 8:36:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I expect that the target-switching bug is a direct result of her attacks dealing damage in a small AoE. Upon damaging 2 targets, she may be confused, thinking the splash target was actually the intended target, and chase that. But of course, this is all purely speculation.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.