The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

To the guy who was an ___hole to me

people like you ruin the community.

By on July 15, 2009 1:13:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, I had a bad game. Yeah, I sucked in the first few minutes. Yeah, I fed the other team. Yeah, I realized how shitty I was doing and voted to concede (one of my other teammates was also sucking).

You happened to join the next game with me and ooooo you had to run your mouth about how I suck and it's an automatic loss and I'm a leaver. At this point it's basically a witch hunt, and there is no way to defend myself, so the host boots me.

At this point I'm in a bad mood, and don't feel like playing anymore.

I had a long day. I was working hard all day. I was tired and hoping to have some fun and unwind with a game of Demigod before bed.

Then it was all "you suck" and "f_cking n00b teammate".

I should have known better than to expect to have fun while playing Demigod. Don't get me wrong, I like the game. It's just that many people who play have some messed up priorities about what is important in life.

Everyone needs to realize that Demigod just a game. People like the one I just mentioned (I won't name names) ruin it for the rest of the community. So you lose ... boo hoo. Now your stats have one more loss. Your whole life is ruined. How about you don't get all bent out of shape when you lose, suck it up and display some sportsmanship.

Ranting aside, tt's really disappointing that the members of the community for Demigod are devolving into the same sort of elitist assholes that populated DoTA (one of the reasons I quit playing that game and never looked back).

Lastly, this is not a one time incident (aside from the people involved and the person it was directed at). I see it all the time. People play the game like their teammates are a necessary evil, and when one teammate is not doing so hot, I see much flaming directed at that player, like "f_ck you. play better."

Anyways, I feel better with that off my chest. I'm curious what other people think. Has anyone experienced this?

+2 Karma | 56 Replies
July 15, 2009 1:24:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Things like this really should be contained to the Hall of Shame. And secondly, take screenshots. It's like twisting the blade if you grab their 'best' moments. Anyway, take solice in that not every member of this community is a bastard hiding behind his keyboard.

July 15, 2009 1:26:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, we've all seen it. Unfortunately, your post won't change anything. But you're not alone. And you're not the only one worrying an elitist group could spring up and ruin the game for casual players and drive new players away.

July 15, 2009 1:29:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I feel you, but I have to say that my experience has been different. Aside from one ultra leet hardcore guy, I've never seen anyone give grief to another for dying like twice. Of course if you die three to ten times during the early parts of the game someone is going to give you a hard time, but I think that that is somewhat understandable (though hardly laudable).

Could be that I game in the EU zone - IME USians tend to be more abusive in games.

July 15, 2009 1:30:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is indeed a great problem, in fact, the only reason i'm getting better is to stop reading that kind of crap.

*sigh* but is also annoying when it happens to a teammate, i'm like "don't fight, just play".

But yeah, we need to start taking pictures, that could be useful for the whole community.

July 15, 2009 1:31:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, we've all seen it. Unfortunately, your post won't change anything. But you're not alone. And you're not the only one worrying an elitist group could spring up and ruin the game for casual players and drive new players away.

this.

then again, getting a kick in the butt like that may make u start to learn the game and become a better player.

what hurts you only makes you stronger.

July 15, 2009 1:37:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think replays will help this a bit.  When people know there are "cameras" on them, they tend to act a bit more civil.  Better match-making comming up will help more too; non-ranked games also should help even more.

July 15, 2009 1:38:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It wasnt me!!

PS, Stackd and Zehdon blow

July 15, 2009 1:56:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
Things like this really should be contained to the Hall of Shame. And secondly, take screenshots. It's like twisting the blade if you grab their 'best' moments. Anyway, take solice in that not every member of this community is a bastard hiding behind his keyboard.

duly noted.

Quoting Alterschism,

Yeah, I didn't really expect much to change. I just needed to vent. It's good to know that I'm not alone, though. It gives me some hope.

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

then again, getting a kick in the butt like that may make u start to learn the game and become a better player.

what hurts you only makes you stronger.

Well, there are so many examples for and against this statement here are two:

Going through boot camp hurts, and makes you stronger (if you survive).

Exposing yourself to large doses of radiation hurts, and makes you weaker.

But when we're talking about a game that is supposed to be fun, why should it have to hurt? No one is required to play. If you want to baseball with someone (who isn't very good), for example, but all you do is tell them they suck, then pretty soon they won't want to play anymore.

July 15, 2009 2:37:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I couldn't agree more; we're all here to play Demigod and have fun. I think the behaviour of people like the one you mentioned in the OP is pathetic, unfortunately as games reach mainstream audiences more and more people like the one you've encountered become more common. Developing a thick skin isn't something we should have to do, however in today's online world it's something we're forced to do.

July 15, 2009 2:41:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
I couldn't agree more; we're all here to play Demigod and have fun. I think the behaviour of people like the one you mentioned in the OP is pathetic, unfortunately as games reach mainstream audiences more and more people like the one you've encountered become more common. Developing a thick skin isn't something we should have to do, however in today's online world it's something we're forced to do.

people who post there long ass opinions are alot more valiant though

July 15, 2009 2:44:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My buddy and I have been hosting "Newbie" games since we're both fairly new to Demigod... I find it amusing when people still bitch at us for not being pros.  One guy got really pissed off at my friend and started calling him an idiot.  I think any person who enters a "New Players" custom game and expects people to know exactly what to do is the true idiot... you know who you are.

Az

July 15, 2009 2:44:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Be simply. Dont take all their words close to heart. You wanna have fun after work playing Demigod for fun and your teammates getting fun winning the game. When someone from their team makes them losing , they'Re angry cuz getting no fun from it. That's all . The best fun You'll get from this game when creat your own team and play as You wish.

July 15, 2009 5:18:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, I had a bad game. Yeah, I sucked in the first few minutes. Yeah, I fed the other team. Yeah, I realized how shitty I was doing and voted to concede (one of my other teammates was also sucking).

You happened to join the next game with me and ooooo you had to run your mouth about how I suck and it's an automatic loss and I'm a leaver. At this point it's basically a witch hunt, and there is no way to defend myself, so the host boots me.

At this point I'm in a bad mood, and don't feel like playing anymore.

I had a long day. I was working hard all day. I was tired and hoping to have some fun and unwind with a game of Demigod before bed.

Then it was all "you suck" and "f_cking n00b teammate".

I should have known better than to expect to have fun while playing Demigod. Don't get me wrong, I like the game. It's just that many people who play have some messed up priorities about what is important in life.

Everyone needs to realize that Demigod just a game. People like the one I just mentioned (I won't name names) ruin it for the rest of the community. So you lose ... boo hoo. Now your stats have one more loss. Your whole life is ruined. How about you don't get all bent out of shape when you lose, suck it up and display some sportsmanship.

Ranting aside, tt's really disappointing that the members of the community for Demigod are devolving into the same sort of elitist assholes that populated DoTA (one of the reasons I quit playing that game and never looked back).

Lastly, this is not a one time incident (aside from the people involved and the person it was directed at). I see it all the time. People play the game like their teammates are a necessary evil, and when one teammate is not doing so hot, I see much flaming directed at that player, like "f_ck you. play better."

Anyways, I feel better with that off my chest. I'm curious what other people think. Has anyone experienced this?

Just shut up. you know, nobody cares. I lost so many games because of fucked up mates. And I never whined.

July 15, 2009 5:44:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JuareZz,

And I never whined.

Until now.

July 15, 2009 5:58:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i just hate retarded noobs like you who has no skill at all and no brain they fuck up all game. i usely say to noobs who such a lot when you can defeat 4 hard Al(4vs1) then you can go try play in internet mayby you wont die in first minute

July 15, 2009 6:04:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just shut up. you know, nobody cares. I lost so many games because of fucked up mates. And I never whined.

Thanks! I'll add your name to the list of tools to avoid playing with.

I play for fun...win or lose.

To the OP..just stick with it mate, don't worry about the tossers who try and tell you how to play or berate you for having a bad game...You'll come across some normal fellow players eventually.

July 15, 2009 6:22:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JuareZz,

you sir are an idiot!

July 15, 2009 6:49:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2 topicstarter.

If a dog barks on you, does that affect your mood?

Then why you care about the behavior of someone, who has less brain, than a dog?

July 15, 2009 7:15:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JuareZz,

July 15, 2009 7:21:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting aalex12,
2 topicstarter.

If a dog barks on you, does that affect your mood?

Then why you care about the behavior of someone, who has less brain, than a dog?

Because a person makes a rational(or at least potentially rational) decision to be an asshole. A dog doesn't bark to be annoying on purpose.

July 15, 2009 7:29:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol

that's an argument.

July 15, 2009 8:42:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey man add me on xfire: striderjka or join any game that says "Hosted By Elixir" and just hop on my team. I promise I won't complain or anything, we can play some AI and I'll go over some basic stuff with yah. Or we can play real people and try our best, it's a game and you should have fun. I'll do my best to help bro, =D.

Good luck! Hopefully get to see you soon

- [TAI]Elixir <---ingame/impulse name

P.S shoot me an email at: [email protected] if you don't have xfire

July 15, 2009 10:34:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mudzis, that comment was completely uncalled for.

July 15, 2009 11:22:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's what u have to put up with when you play online.

It doesn't make it right and you can't punch them through your screen. (not that violence ever solves anything kids!).

Host your own game is easiest solution.

On the flipside, I've been in Pantheon games where my team mate gets himself killed 10 times in the first few minutes and then quits without a word. So all that time waiting for a game is totally wasted.

Take both scenarios on the chin and laugh about it...

Always look on the bright side of life... la la lalllllaaaaaaaa

July 15, 2009 11:36:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First of all, I care. And you take the interwebz too seriously.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.