The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Torchbearer Ice Mode Auto-Attack Bug

By on July 13, 2009 1:53:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The other night I played a 3v3 Cataract match as TB. I typically play a hybrid build, but a little into the game I realized that my TB was not auto-attacking in Ice Mode. It would simply chase the enemy Demigod, but once it got into range, it would do nothing, just stand there. No amount of clicking or using skills or form dancing did any good. Changing targets did nothing as well. Ice TB refused to AA anything. Ended up having to stick to Fire for the rest of the game -- at least it still did some sort of AA.

This is the first time I've had this issue since I've played this game. After the match, I started up a single player skirmish and my TB was back to normal.

I don't know what could have caused the bug, and it might be rare, but still rather annoying when it does happen. Has anyone else experienced this?

+4 Karma | 7 Replies
July 13, 2009 3:06:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Played over 30 games as ice TB this pantheon, this never happened to me once.

July 14, 2009 5:19:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To use auto attack in TB, you have to be faster than your opponent. I don't know if it's a bug, but TB won't attack target if he has same speed. Thats why I always take swift favor as an Ice Mage (it helps to run away from enemy either).

When you changed to fire mode, you probably got buffed by your speed skill more than you slowed down enemy as an ice mage. That's just my guessing. But i've noticed same thing, TB don't attack targets with same speed as he is (at least on my computer).

July 14, 2009 7:47:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Happens with Reg too.

July 14, 2009 9:59:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

fire tb does not autoattack moving targets

ice tb attacks anything, whilst on the move, doesn't matter what your or their move speed is
(unless of course they move out of range)

i only use swift anklets on prison

July 14, 2009 1:30:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, this wasn't only auto-attacking while moving. I was literally standing next to my enemy and Ice TB refused to auto-attack. I couldn't attack towers or grunts, either. This is actually a very rare bug that I have not been able to replicate, unfortunately. At least it is rare enough so it doesn't impact most TB play. I'm just wondering if I'm the only person that's had this happen.

July 14, 2009 3:36:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this one time, my ice TB got stuck running in place on the map, he refused to move anywhere, my partner bought a town portal and dropped it on me, i picked it up and used it, stuck walking on the spot next to the health crystal ^^ thats the only problem i ever had, had to concede that game as well QQ

July 14, 2009 3:51:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this one time, my ice TB got stuck running in place on the map, he refused to move anywhere, my partner bought a town portal and dropped it on me, i picked it up and used it, stuck walking on the spot next to the health crystal ^^ thats the only problem i ever had, had to concede that game as well QQ

Alt-tab helped me here. Got this bug 2 times so far And it's not about TB - every char can bug like that. Fortunately, it's VERY rare bug.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.