The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

10 Reasons to love Obama

or not

By on July 9, 2009 8:50:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1. lost $50 billion of taxpayers money bailing out car companies who just ended up filing for bankruptcy anyway.

2. made the deficit higher than every president before him combined since George Washington and they want to spend more.

3. bowed to the Saudi king

4. wants to tax healthcare. so much for 95% of American will get a tax break.

5. wants total control of your health care

6. rejected "V-Check," the system that instantly checks the status of an immigrant

7. dropped all the charges against the two Black Panthers convivted of harrassing people at the polls in the last election

8. won't investigate ACORN, even though someone stole 1 million dollars from the organization and they have been convicted of fraud in five states and Nevada is prosecuting ACORN right as we speak.

9. spent $500,000 fighting lawsuits that requested to see his hospital records or birth certificate

10. wants Cap & Tax that will drive up your electric bill by 100%

Guys, feel free to post your opinion but keep it cival. No name calling, no flaming. Feel free to correct me on any of these points if you find them incorrect as I am just writing them from memory.

THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A POLITICAL FLAME THREAD!

+9 Karma | 37 Replies
July 9, 2009 8:53:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

He should have been impeached on his first day in office.

July 9, 2009 9:09:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

July 9, 2009 9:18:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Seriously, people: get in touch with reality. It would do you a world of good.   I'm not even going to try to correct any of this: the only people who would believe it do not care about facts anyway.

July 9, 2009 9:26:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

all presidents are the same, they dont fix anything.

July 9, 2009 10:04:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you, my good man, have more wisdom than people might think...

July 9, 2009 10:30:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Scoutdog,
Seriously, people: get in touch with reality. It would do you a world of good.   I'm not even going to try to correct any of this: the only people who would believe it do not care about facts anyway.

That still doesn't change the fact that he and his economic experts have done just about everything wrong to try and fix the economy. Anyways, it wouldn't of mattered which president we had. McCain or Obama both would've done the same thing. Two people and two partys dangling from the same hand.

July 9, 2009 10:38:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Servius,
That still doesn't change the fact that he and his economic experts have done just about everything wrong to try and fix the economy. Anyways, it wouldn't of mattered which president we had. McCain or Obama both would've done the same thing. Two people and two partys dangling from the same hand.

/tinfoil hat?

Quoting Scoutdog,

Political debate usually isn't about trying to convince the other person, it's about convincing everyone else that's listening in.  If he has this list, and you say "It's wrong, but I won't bother saying why it's wrong", then where does that leave you in the eyes of everyone else?

July 10, 2009 12:15:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Since liberal tard wont correct it, right winger crazy will.

1. lost $50 billion of taxpayers money bailing out car companies who just ended up filing for bankruptcy anyway.

Wrong.  Fucktard congress, of which he happened to be a member of at the time, and Bush, may he rot for it, put the bail outs through.  Obama was largely irrelevant to this as one of 465 legislators.  The bankruptcy on the other hand, now that's a reason to hate the dumb fuck.  The company is screwed in perpetuity, since all they did was wipe out the debt holders while leaving the unsustainable liabilities in place.  The factually accurate version of this is a prime example of why actual right wingers come unglued when dumb fuck liberal idiots start calling Bush a conservative.

2. made the deficit higher than every president before him combined since George Washington and they want to spend more.

Sorry, this one is rather accurate.  His current spending track will add more, in just the next four years, than every bit of deficit spending ever done, combined.  This is without adding on healthcare, the green energy bill, or any other pet projects he wants to put through, just the budget for the year, with it's long term outlays.

Video tape!

I know, it's hard to get this one.  What with his blasting McStupid(his name was officially changed by me when he suspended his campaign to go rescue us from congress by making sure they fucked us over) for having the very same idea, it just doesn't make sense when people say he's pushing for it.  Yes, he really is trying to help pay for Obama-Care by taxing benefits.  Oh right, except for union members.

It's too bad he's not italian, the whole mafia style presidency would be awesome then!

Maybe.  I say maybe because the guy is as dumb as a fucking rock.  He might just be too fucking stupid to realize what you get when you put subsidized insurance in competition with private insurance.  The answer, for those of us that can do simple addition, is zero private insurance.  At which point Uncle Fuck-me-in-the-Ass Sam is running the entire show.  So he's getting it, but perhaps he's not getting it intentionally.

6. rejected "V-Check," the system that instantly checks the status of an immigrant

Along with every other method of controlling illegal immigration.  This one wasn't questionable was it?  It's standard practice for democrats in general, along with half the republicans.

7. dropped all the charges against the two Black Panthers convivted of harrassing people at the polls in the last election

Perhaps unfair, but accurate.  It's his federal prosecutors that ran that case off for no reason.  You could say that he's supposed to remain detached from the process, but they can be summarily dismissed, without cause.  People that investigate his friends get removed from their offices.

8. won't investigate ACORN, even though someone stole 1 million dollars from the organization and they have been convicted of fraud in five states and Nevada is prosecuting ACORN right as we speak.

It's his attorney general.  A president is responsible for the policies of his own cabinet.  This is a great big duh, right?

9. spent $500,000 fighting lawsuits that requested to see his hospital records or birth certificate

Ok, moron alert on this one.  Could we get over the retarded shit already?  The reality of a dumb fuck fascist from hell that needs a teleprompter to use the restroom needs no stupid conspiracy theories.  We have real ones, like ACORN.  He was born in Hawaii, shit tards, get over it.  Any child five years of age or under, adopted by an Indonisian, is automatically granted Indonesian citizenship.  There's no mystery here, he may or may not have dual citizenship, which doesn't matter.

10. wants Cap & Tax that will drive up your electric bill by 100%

Exaggeration for comedic impact, good.  Exaggeration because you're an idiot, bad.  40% is not 100%.  It will drive up your electric bill 40% if you're currently powered by coal.  It will also wipe out the livestock industry, decreasing food production in the country by 20% easily, shifting a massive amount of beef production to other countries with lax standards on animal treatment.  Basically, we're fucked, but there isn't going to be a 100% increase in the electrical bill.

All done.  Perhaps you could pay attention to reality just a little before voting for the guy in 2012?  Four years we can probably take, it's going to hurt like hell, but we've survived 20% unemployment and inflation before.  The guy's a fucking nightmare, regardless of his lack of culpability in various moron statements by the thread starter.

July 10, 2009 12:24:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

/ignore political flame thread.

July 10, 2009 12:26:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Scoutdog,

Quoting Darkodinplus,
/ignore political flame thread.

well i ignored it a bit

July 10, 2009 1:07:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

wasn't there a rule in this forum that said no political debates?  not sure, but just wondering, it's a common rule among forums

July 10, 2009 1:10:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Guys, feel free to post your opinion but keep it cival. No name calling, no flaming. Feel free to correct me on any of these points if you find them incorrect as I am just writing them from memory.

THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A POLITICAL FLAME THREAD! IF YOUR JUST GONNA SHOUT AT ME OR OTHERS WITHOUT MAKING A CIVAL ARGUMENT THEN GET OUT!

July 10, 2009 1:25:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

civil civil civil civil

Seriously dude, you typed "cival" at least three times now.

July 10, 2009 1:45:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I didn't care when I saw Bush kiss and hold his hand, I don't care if Obama bows.  When in Rome do as the Romans do.  FYI the White House claims it wasn't a bow, but again I don't really care.

My question to you is what do you think of our health care ranking according to the WHO and our infant mortality rate?  I honestly feel that our health care system is broken and I don't really see any hope in sight. 

What I don't understand is how other countries can afford socialized medicine and we can't, and why people feel their own health care is superior when it doesn't seem like it by the standards I've seen...  That being said, are those averages skewed by the average health care in America, in other words is the rating of the people with health care brought down by those without, is the average insured American better off than the average Dutch person?  I'm skeptical.

He might just be too fucking stupid to realize what you get when you put subsidized insurance in competition with private insurance.  The answer, for those of us that can do simple addition, is zero private insurance.
Why do FedEx, UPS, and other companies exist in spite of the post office?
At which point Uncle Fuck-me-in-the-Ass Sam is running the entire show.
I've gotta say that my health care when I was in the military was quite good.  Solid dental, I would never have been denied an important procedure or forced to wait an inordinate amount of time for it...  A friend of mine contracted MS while in the service and he fought tooth and nail to stay in until he retires so that he can continue to get that coverage.

I dunno man, it just sounds like scare mongering to me.  Health care works fine in more countries other than America.

I really hope the Republican party can get its shit together within the next four years and actually produce some solutions, because currently while I don't like a fair amount of the things Obama is and is not doing, I couldn't imagine McCain/Palin having done a better job so far.

July 10, 2009 2:04:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just like to point out that it wasn't entirely his fault - ole George Dubyah didn't exactly leave it in a nice position.

July 10, 2009 2:11:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just like to point out that it wasn't entirely his fault - ole George Dubyah didn't exactly leave it in a nice position.
Yeah, really the problem here is that there's no real evaluation of what the debt means.  For example:

How is it being created?

Why is it being created?

What are we getting in return?

To whom is it owed?

Just generally why is it so bad when the US has had debt since its inception?

I know the answers to some of those questions and they do look bad on Obama, but most people who complain about the debt only care about it when it's not their guy in office.  It's a topic worthy of discussion that's been reduced to a one-liner, a bullet point on a shitty top ten list whose creator is insane (see number 9).

July 10, 2009 2:27:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, really the problem here is that there's no real evaluation of what the debt means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

check it out, it may not be true, but it is very interesting.

July 10, 2009 2:33:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Anagram. If you rearrange the letters of Barack Hussein Obama, you get:

A Cabana Hubris Smoke

and that's all you need to know.

July 10, 2009 2:47:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well your name is I web lili, so clearly you can't be trusted.

July 10, 2009 3:23:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Why do FedEx, UPS, and other companies exist in spite of the post office?

They don't, you can't get first class mail from any of those.  They beat the pants off the USPS, it loses a fortune just trying to compete with them in the package business.  USPS has a monopoly on first class mail, they make a killing on the pre-sorted junk mail you get.  Which is why they're losing billions every year, now that spam in your email is wiping it out.  The USPS isn't set up to compete with package carriers, it's so incompetently run that it can't.  In a perfect world, where government entities actually worked, it would wipe them out by removing a profit incentive, but it sucks donkey balls.  The USPS was set up to be a self sustaining entity working at cost.  You're supposed to be paying the cost of the service.

A public health care provider designed specifically to be provided at a discount, subsidized by tax dollars, will be cheaper.  It's designed specifically with the intent to outbid the competition, or it can't be more affordable.  The USPS is designed specifically to operate at cost.  It's only being subsidized because they're bloody morons and they can't manage to make that whole cost thing add up.  Going by the example of USPS, government run health care will cost twice as much and still suck hard.

I've gotta say that my health care when I was in the military was quite good.  Solid dental, I would never have been denied an important procedure or forced to wait an inordinate amount of time for it...  A friend of mine contracted MS while in the service and he fought tooth and nail to stay in until he retires so that he can continue to get that coverage.

I dunno man, it just sounds like scare mongering to me.  Health care works fine in more countries other than America.

The only place I can find where health care actually works is Finland.  They're a few million people sitting on one of the largest oil reserves in the world.  They're filthy stinking rich.  When they run out, they're fucked.  Trying to do the same while not sitting on enough money to give everyone their own penthouse sweet with harem included, not to mention with 20 times the population, is crazy.

If you want to explain all the health statistics, it's very simple.  The infant mortality rate is through the roof here because we're a bunch of fat, lazy fuckers that drink to much and do too many drugs while we're pregnant, at 40 years old.  Prime baby making age is in the late teens, early twenties.  You're not supposed to wait till you retire to stop using a rubber.  The Europeans walk most places, and treat alcohol like food, instead of liquid fun.

As to your blissful coverage, I feel for you.  Well, you when you get old anyway.  Got an irregular heart beat?  No problem!  It's completely harmless, I swear!  Oh, what?  You're having a heart attack?  Odd...

We went through this shit with my granddad.  He was convinced they actually knew what they were doing, even after they weakened his legs by not taking him off a muscle deteriorating drug when the side effects kicked in.  When we finally got him to go to another hospital for his irregular heartbeat, he ended up with an emergency surgery after they took one look at his arteries, his supposedly fine arteries.  Quintuple bypass for the win.  He went and had a heart attack on the way in too.  The VA sucks at actually telling you that you're about to die because you have an easily treatable problem they've ignored for four years.

I really hope the Republican party can get its shit together within the next four years and actually produce some solutions, because currently while I don't like a fair amount of the things Obama is and is not doing, I couldn't imagine McCain/Palin having done a better job so far.

McStupid is just another progressive putz, a slower disaster than our current asshole in chief, but still terrible.  Palin, maybe.  Either she's a fake, an idiot, or actually not a politician.  The main problem is those shit tard republicans flushed themselves down the toilet with the bailouts.  We wouldn't be staring at a sixty seat super majority in the senate if those ass wipes had a clue.  Maybe this asshat will get is another Reagan.

Edit:  The hosed quotes can blow me...

July 10, 2009 3:36:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The billion dollar bailouts for car companies and financial companies were handled so poorly.  There was virtually no rules, regulations, longterm planning or checks&balances for how the money was to be spent which resulted in the greatest loss of taxpayer money.  It's unfortunate but the vast majority of Congress lacks an understanding of business finances and an understanding of the average american life... thus when they make mistakes on $50 billion tax dollars they feel as terrible as when the average american misses throwing a dart during happy hour.  Seriously the majority of Congress does not have their lives affected for mistakes which harm the nation because their income, healthcare and career allow them to sit comfortably in upper class.

Probably the most extreme worst decision will be the universal healthcare: 

1) This will cause much longer waiting periods when going to the hospital... and most major cities already have a long waiting time.  Other governments from countries have encountered this problem.

2) Universal healthcare also opens the door to all the drug addicts who would now get free insurance allowing them to fake pains at the hospital so they can receive a fix of free drugs. At least today they need to provide their own insurance before abusing this option.  I know my hospital tried to give me Morphine after my last kidney stone, but I declined since I was feeling fine. 

3) The government has a proven history of problems spending our taxes and thus does not qualify for taking new responsibilities... which include major responsibilities such as nationwide healthcare.  To blindly believe a huge government with many problems can run healthcare is like not buckling your seatbelt as a passenger when the driver is heavily drunk and speeding... it's like asking for a trouble.   One day maybe nationwide healthcare... today or next year= NO we don't need a mistake on something this big. 

4) Universal healthcare increases the reasons for illegal aliens who are pregnant entering the country.  Not only will the child receive free citizenship, but now we'll pay for all the medical costs for its entire life.  Yes, a cost which will come out of the pockets of hardworking americans.  In fact the hardworking americans will be paying the medical costs for all individuals who choose to remain unemployed(lazy), paying medical costs for all those unemployed individuals who will never break their drug addictions, etc., etc., .   While some worthy individuals who are less fortunate need medical care it's unwise to open the flood gates of unlimited medical care for everyone which will bring an unknown cost to all the hardworking individuals. 

July 10, 2009 4:10:37 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

You guys don't really understand what Obama is doing with healthcare. His plan is to offer a government alternative to private health insurers. The individual still has to pay for aid, but at a reduced cost. While this adds beaurocracy to the system, it is in practice little different from private sector's alternative beaurocracy. The end goal of this, however, is to give every American citizen access to health insurance.

When considering healthcare guys I ask you? How can we spend nearly 40% of national budget on defense and not spare any for social problems like it. America is its people, and in America it's people should come first.

July 10, 2009 4:15:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's called math.  When you provide a cheaper alternative, you wipe out the private insurers.  If they weren't spending 60% of the budget on crap they don't have any business doing, there would be plenty of money to reimburse the hospitals with and not having insurance wouldn't bloody matter.

Oh wait, they already do that anyway...

July 10, 2009 4:27:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The government has a proven history of problems spending our taxes

QFT. when will humans learn?

July 10, 2009 8:48:41 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

25. Obama has great hair.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000562   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.